Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

20 year wait for Season Tickets?

MarkB452

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/scottfowler/story/705479.html

...I guess they still had his parents address or something.......

Staunch fan lands rare reward

Norris Adams' childhood dream of season tickets for the Washington Redskins came true 20 years later – after he moved to the hometown of the Carolina Panthers.

(continued on link) :panthersu

I put my nephew on the list about 10 yeas ago and he came off last year, so I don't know what took so long for this guy to come off, but I think we need to invite him to the ES tailgate!

The hard evidence is a 6-7 years wait for people currently getting letters. If somebody can prove otherwise, let me know.

I put my name on the list in '88 and I was offered tix in '99. I don't know what happened with this guy...

My friend put his name on the list in 2004, when Gibbs came back. He was offered tickets the year Gibbs left. Four years is what you are looking at. If another 8-8 season or less happens, expect it to be two years or worse.

My friend put his name on the list in 2004, when Gibbs came back. He was offered tickets the year Gibbs left. Four years is what you are looking at....
You're absolutely positive about that, right? Because I've read posts from two people this past month who recently received letters for the first time. One got his first letter after a six year wait, the other got his first letter after a 7 year wait.

Also, see post #7 above.

You're absolutely positive about that, right? Because I've read posts from two people this past month who recently received letters for the first time. One got his first letter after a six year wait, the other got his first letter after a 7 year wait.

Also, see post #7 above.

I think there is no rhyme or reason Mark.

I put my name on the list once, it was at the club level at FedEx after it had been closed in, and for a draft day party.

I have been in my current home 5 years in August.

I got the call from the Redskins before I moved into this house.

I was on the list a shoooooooooooooort period of time. Offered tickets initially in row 28, until I complained, then was offered row 15.

The ticket office is suspect. I waited 20 years also and finally got them in 2004. My first game ever I was seated next to another new ticket holder who said she only waited like 4 years. It makes no sense what so ever...

People need to qualify what they were offered. A lot of people get offered club seats or some other premium seating that requires purchasing tailgate tickets or touchdown club tickets within a few years of joining the waiting list.

What we are talking about are plain old general admission tickets in the lower or upper deck that does not require purchasing any other premium ticket.

I thought it be ten years but it only took me like 3 years to get an offer, of course I didn't plan on having money right now so I can't really buy them, oh well.

haha thats what i'm afraid of... im still a broke college student, and im nervous i'm goin to get a call in 2 years and have no money to pay for them..

I put my request in back in 03, haven't herd nothing yet. No big deal whenever I want to go to a game I go... Like many have said it's not hard and may be cheaper.

I also joined the list in 03 and just got my letter so yours should be coming soon. And yeah 6 years is about right.

People need to qualify what they were offered. A lot of people get offered club seats or some other premium seating that requires purchasing tailgate tickets or touchdown club tickets within a few years of joining the waiting list.

What we are talking about are plain old general admission tickets in the lower or upper deck that does not require purchasing any other premium ticket.

QFT.

There was a story once that they used to keep waiting list names on index cards and somebody dropped the cards and they spilled all over the floor. When they picked them up, the cards got shuffled, so everybody's place on the list got screwed up.

I guess it's also possible they got shuffled when they moved from one building to another.

:whoknows:

I put my name on the list back in 03 during my first year of college thinking by the time they called I would be able to pay for them. For about 2 year I didn't even get emails from the skins so I put my name on the list again thinking maybe I got dropped or somthing, and started getting emails in both accounts. Since I put my name on the list a 2nd time ive got the emails about club seats every year but nothing about a GAT.

QFT.

There was a story once that they used to keep waiting list names on index cards and somebody dropped the cards and they spilled all over the floor. When they picked them up, the cards got shuffled, so everybody's place on the list got screwed up.

I guess it's also possible they got shuffled when they moved from one building to another.

:whoknows:

I didn't know Carlos Rogers was working in the ticket office.

Archived