Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Adam Schein say's Skins will finish last. Unless Jason gets help at WR.

clskinsfan

By way of observation -- besides him being being gratingly annoying --Schein also has a very big mouth. I mean, proportionally speaking, his mouth and jawbone seem very large in comparison with the rest of his face. And when he speaks, he almost brays.

Prediction-wise, it's hard to tell how things will turn out in the tough NFC East. Looking at the Skins performance of 2008 --I can see how folks are picking Washington to come in 4th. But the Skins did make some good pickups in the off-season; and there have been changes in all three teams. ...Time will tell how things turn out in 2009.

There are a number of other areas the Redskins need to improve in as well before the team is ready to challenge for a division title.

To focus too narrowly on the wide receiver position is a mistake. Look at the Titans and Baltimore, they made the playoffs last season without any clear #1 receivers on their roster.

Please help me if I don't remember this correctly.

Last year, before the draft, when the Redskins visited at least one campus, and I think more than one, didn't Jason Campbell accompany them, and didn't Jason endorse them as possible draft picks, and didn't we draft at least one and maybe more of them?

I just seem to remember that they brought Jason with them to see if they were ideal for Jason, and Jason endorsed them. I said to myself then, "these receivers must have all the qualities that Jason can imagine for him to become a superstar."

So now, today, this issue is all about helping Jason by giving him help at the receiver position. Weird.

I'm sorry, but this act is getting old.

Maybe my memory is fading. I hope so.

(But I will always remember the Redskins glory days, and I will always believe that with the right people on the field, we can win the Super Bowl.)

If I were to rate our current weaknesses, they'd be:

1. QB.

2. No. 2 receiver

3. RT

4. OLB

So, if someone steps up at No. 2, it's likely to make No. 1 better. And, vice versa. If Campbell steps up, the No. 2 receiver, even ARE, seems more competent. Overall the spot we lack someone we know can fill the role is strongside backer, but I'd rate it fourth as a weakness because the defense has 10 real nice pieces, plus well-placed depth. You can get by with competent play at strongside given that.

I disagree, my ratings would be:

1. RT

2. No. 1 WR

3. QB

4. OLB

I don't think Moss is a #1 WR, he is a top tier #2...Combine the facts that he isn't a factor in the red-zone, he can't beat rolled/double coverage(other #1's do it consistently), he isn't very physical going after passes, and he is only a factor outside of the numbers, and that doesn't add up to #1...I will admit that he is currently the best we have, and he is the energizer bunny to our offense but that doesn't make him a #1...

I think the WRs are fine ... its the QB that needs to improve. Shein is a Skins hater ... his opinion is lazy and effete.

So if we get the same level of production out of our WR corp, but the QB has improved where does that leave you?

Adam Schein is an idiot! I have subscribed to Sirius since '05-'06, and as soon as he comes on, NFL goes OFF! He's a G'aints fanboy, and besides .. I think he's drunk all the time. Absolutely THE most obnoxious sports radio personality of ALL time. Even worse than Jim Rome!

No one has believed in this team in years and what have we won?

Good point. And I'll also add that we do play in the toughest division in the NFL, by far. Its not like all these guys are picking us last in a crap division like the AFC West. I don't get why people are so upset over this.

Schein is right on this, simply because someone besides Moss and Cooley have to step up and catch something other than a cold this year.

But it doesn't sound like he based his prognostication upon the lack of effort. He based it upon lack of talent. He's wrong. Should Malcom Kelly/Fred Davis, and/or Devin Thomas step up to their POTENTIAL, we CERTAINLY would not be worst in the division! Granted, one or two of that trio needs to step it up and drop the diva crap, but we are certainly not a guaranteed fourth in the division.

Nope. Schein is just sticking to his typical G'aints fanboy/Redskins hater schtick.

But it doesn't sound like he based his prognostication upon the lack of effort. He based it upon lack of talent. He's wrong. Should Malcom Kelly/Fred Davis, and/or Devin Thomas step up to their POTENTIAL, we CERTAINLY would not be worst in the division! Granted, one or two of that trio needs to step it up and drop the diva crap, but we are certainly not a guaranteed fourth in the division.

Nope. Schein is just sticking to his typical G'aints fanboy/Redskins hater schtick.

That could be the case, but talent without production is worth bupkis. At least one of these kids needs to step up or we will be fighting Dallas for last place in the division.

Gee, thanks for telling us Skins fans something we already know Mr. Schein. We've ALL been saying for months and months that for the Skins to take the next step, (and be a playoff team) guys like Malcolm Kelly and Devin Thomas (and others at WR) really need to step it up. Duh.

Schein's DEAD WRONG about Colt Brennan. It's all about media hate towards the Skins. If Brennan were with the Giants or Dallas, you here about how good he is, and that he's actually better than some QBs in the NFL that are starters.

Archived