Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN (John Clayton)- Skins Among Eight Teams Set to Surprise

SkinsTribeVA

The opening part of the schedule looks similar to the 2007 slate, where we played weaker teams like the Dolphins, Lions, and Cards, getting off to the 4-2 start (with the losses to NYG and GB that we kicked away) before a midseason swoon did us in. And we got off to the fast start last year with a tougher schedule. With us playing teams like the Rams, Lions, and Chiefs (did all of them combine for what, 4 wins last season?) in the first 6, no reason why we can't get off quickly again.

To me the big question mark will......no suprise......be the offense. There is no excuse why the Skins shouldn't be above .500 at the bye. If not, and its largely due to a struggling offense, think you gotta strongly think about making the change to Brennan.

Props to Clayton for pointing out the obvious. There's no reason, excuse or anything else you wanna call it that we get worse unless we get hit by the injury bug. Our schedule is easier, our D got instantly better and the O is going into its 2nd season with more help on the line. HAIL!!

I usually don't get all caught up in these type of prediction articles. But, how can you not get all warm and fuzzy inside getting optimism from Mr. John Clayton.:)

Plus, I agree with everything that he had to say about the seven other teams that he chose...especially the Texans.

Good find Mr. OP.

"Don't forget about the Redskins"? Not exactly a GLOWING report.

Here's mine. The Redskins will beat the Giants in week one, and wake up the rest of the league....although I suspect the Eagles are already plenty awake and aware of the Skins.

Contrary to popular belief, the media does NOT hate us. When we were doing good last year, they loved us. They heaped glowing praise on us.

This is true. We had the best runner in football. The best young QB. The brightest new coach. The best offensive line. They were catching up in case we were for real.

don't even pay attention to this type of stuff.

I mean, before training camp? no way.

I'll wait until August to read these kind of predictions.

I mean the schedule will be the same, The only difference is their will be a 53 man roster instead of 80 and thats prolly for the best.

Thanks John Clayton... A "surprise" team??

Seems like a little bit of a negative for a team who went 8-8 last year...or am I the only one thinking this way...

Oh and uh...Thanks for the picture of Smoot on this article.. There's a real poster boy for our squad..:doh:

As we learned last year, playing weak teams doesn't help if the team isn't playing well.

The Redskins chances next year are dependent on them, not their schedule. If they play good football, regardless of the schedule they will make the playoffs. If they don't play good football they wont. I know we see one or two teams every year that benefit or are hurt by their schedule, but the reality is the schedule and who you play means little. If you squeak into the playoffs playing badly against bad teams, you will lose in the first round.

Archived