Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What are you more uneasy about? SLB or RT?

corrupt3d

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Obviously, Right Tackle and a right guard would be the key. I mean, give Thomas and Jansen their kudos. Age and injuries are adding up on the both of them. I know there are a bunch of projects the Skins are working on from '07 and '08 draft for O lineman. I just hope Bugel has an ace or two up his sleeve. Hail

RT is out there on every down with the offense, while SLB isn't an every down position.

I think it's much easier to come up with a LB who can play than it will be to find a RT who can start, at this point in the off-season.

I think it would be great if Mike Williams gets into playing shape on time, but I worry about injury set backs for a guy who hasn't played in a while, and is changing his body so fast.

RT is out there on every down with the offense, while SLB isn't an every down position.

I think it's much easier to come up with a LB who can play than it will be to find a RT who can start, at this point in the off-season.

I think it would be great if Mike Williams gets into playing shape on time, but I worry about injury set backs for a guy who hasn't played in a while, and is changing his body so fast.

If the opposition finds a weakness at LB it can become and almost every down position really fast....

I just have a feeling Jansen returns to form with a off season of rest and healing instead of injury and rehab so the LBs worries me much more. We are weak and thin there.

If the opposition finds a weakness at LB it can become and almost every down position really fast.....

How so? I don't really think teams will be running on us too much with Haynesworth, Daniels, Griff, Fletch, Monty, and company. To keep us in base they would have to be in 3rd and short most of the time.

I just have a feeling Jansen returns to form with a off season of rest and healing instead of injury and rehab so the LBs worries me much more. We are weak and thin there.

That would be awesome for Jansen, he seems to have all the desire. The thing is though, he really never has been a great pass blocker, even before his injuries. I don't really know if a return to form is quite enough. I like him as our 6th guy on the line. He is solid multi-purpose depth.

I believe Orakpo could be the answer at SLB on 1st and 2nd downs with Daniels and Wynn holding down the LE spot. We'll see how it goes, we still have Rocky as a possibility at Sam. Fincher has played well when he has had opportunities, and I could see him at Will.

We have a talented and deep DL now with a good amount of versatility. We have solid run support CBs and safeties. London in the middle and Rocky. I don't think finding someone adequate at SLB will be too much of a problem and we'll be able to cover up the weaknesses there with the talent we have at all levels of the defense.

The OL is a big concern, though. Unless someone surprises us there's no one I'm comfortable with at RT. Samuels has had a lot of nicks and a lot of surgeries the past 4 or so years. Thomas is very questionable health wise. Rabach just flat out hasn't been that good. Dockery's about the only one I'm comfortable with on the OL and he had a subpar season last year. Who's there backups? It's RT (and OL in general) by a mile.

Andre Carter? Brian Orapko? They give you more concern than Heyer, Jansen, Williams, Blades, Fincher, Wilson? Odd.

I'm not really uneasy about either one on May 2nd since we can still address both spots. Ask this again in August.

Andre Carter isn't that good. Brian Orakpo the situational pass rusher/linebacker? No thanks, Chris Wilson can do that. The skins need a good every down defensive end.

Andre Carter isn't that good. Brian Orakpo the situational pass rusher/linebacker? No thanks, Chris Wilson can do that. The skins need a good every down defensive end.

I know they'll use Orakpo as a 3rd down pass rusher... but, what will he do the first two downs?? I don't think he'll make a great LB, but it is way to early to tell...

We had a bad o-line last season, it not only kills the passing game, but our running game as well... even the best defense needs a break from a 3-and-out offense...

RT by MILES.

For 3 reasons:

1. Our defense is much better overall than our offense right now.

2. I think a platoon of Orakpo/Blades is better than anything we currently have at RT.

3. I consider RT a more important position overall than SLB.

How so? I don't really think teams will be running on us too much with Haynesworth, Daniels, Griff, Fletch, Monty, and company. To keep us in base they would have to be in 3rd and short most of the time.

What I meant by that was if the other team finds that the LB cant cover a RB out of the backfield or the TE they will find ways to isolate him untill we stop it. Maybe not every play but certainly plays that are needed to continue drives.

I think our defense is going to be the strenth of the team but if the offense continues to struggle a weakness found defense could be trouble.

If the opposition finds a weakness at LB it can become and almost every down position really fast....

This statement boggles my mind.....

RT, definitely. That's a real understatement because I have concerns all across the line. Age, injuries, declining talent, depth...you name it! They didn't play stellar last season and the 'Skins have done very little to improve. I can't even be certain of how well Dock will play this season, although I am hopeful.

If SLB is the only concern the 'Skins have on that side the ball, then they're in better shape than the offense, 'cause the O-line is a mess.

The weakest position on the Redskins right now is probably Right Gurard. Randy Thomas may or may not recover in time for the season, and there are no proven backups. We can get by at RT for another year before addressing it permanently because we have so many players with NFL experience there.

hail

To be honest, I'm very pleased with the moves this team has made on both sides of the ball.

We're getting big play/big money guys who can really be difference makers in our schemes (Orakpo, Haynesworth, Hall, Dockery) and also doing looking for low cost veterans who can contribute and push our current guys (Thomas, Bridges, Williams, Hackett, Washington, Wynn) to fill our holes.

Honestly if we get the best out of Jansen/Heyer/Bridges/Williams starting at RT, we'll be fine, especially if all four are on the final roster so that we have plenty of reserves. Jansen and Bridges are very valuable because they can swing between different positions.

For SLB, we did fine without Washington last year, and between Blades, Orakpo, Thomas, McIntosh, and Wilson, both of our OLB spots will be secured. In fact, I'm having a hard time not being optimistic.

Archived