Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What are you more uneasy about? SLB or RT?

corrupt3d

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Personally, I'm actually kinda worried about the SLB spot but it's a push when it comes to RT. Yeah, I understand Wilson and Osackpo are taking time there, but I wouldn't mind re-signing Marcus Washington - at least he'd give us 6 healthy games.

So, what do you think ES?

Blades at SLB > Jansen/Heyer/Williams at RT in my opinion.

Blades has some upside. Jansen is on the downside, Williams is a former bust looking to resurrect his career, and Heyer just doesn't seem like he's got the tools to be more than a good backup.

i'm more concerned with right tackle... i'm more concerned with right guard than the SLB... we have a good def. line which should make whoever plays SLB look a lot better... i'm concerned with randy thomas' durability and endurance through a full season...

A good defense can mask a marginal liability at SSLB within a scheme. If your RT sucks at run blocking *cough* Heyer *cough* or pass blocking, there isn't a functional way to mask it and compensate without already damaging and altering an offense learning a new system.

RT for sure, but with Heyer, Jansen, and Williams competing for the starting job, they will be pushing each other pretty hard which will make all of them better. With all the talent on our defense, Blades or whoever ends up starting should do fine. Apparently our young O-linemen are having a good mini-camp so far which is exactly what we need in case an injury occurs.

I'm more uneasy about DE more than either of those spots.

Andre Carter? Brian Orapko? They give you more concern than Heyer, Jansen, Williams, Blades, Fincher, Wilson? Odd.

I'm not really uneasy about either one on May 2nd since we can still address both spots. Ask this again in August.

Tackle easily. You can go out and get a half azz SLB and find ways to get by. You put a half azz tackle out there and the pass and run game goes to shreads instantly.

One can only imagine how much more Bad A** Barry Sanders woulda been with a legit line!!!

Archived