Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What could be the Skins Achilles heel this season?

Braxford

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

OTHER THAN QB OR OLINE what could be the Skins achilles heel this season ( should have changed the title)

I am optimistic about this season, cautiously optimistic. I think the Skins are a playoff caliber team and have been for the past few years. With that being said, we all know about the questions the Skins have on the offensive line and development at QB but other than those two areas and significant injuries what do you think could be the Skins biggest Achilles heel this season?

Injuries. We are thin or inexperienced in our OL, LB, CB, WR, RB positions. We don't have great backups for the O-Line, we only have 2 good starting linebackers, beyond Rogers, Smoot, and Hall we're inexperienced and young at CB, and we don't even have a true #2 WR once again, and if somebody says Randle-El they're wrong he's a #3. Thomas or Kelley need to step up and if we lose Santana our passing game will basically be Chris Cooley or checkdown.

Injuries. We are thin or inexperienced in our OL, LB, CB, WR, RB positions. We don't have great backups for the O-Line, we only have 2 good starting linebackers, beyond Rogers, Smoot, and Hall we're inexperienced and young at CB, and we don't even have a true #2 WR once again, and if somebody says Randle-El they're wrong he's a #3. Thomas or Kelley need to step up and if we lose Santana our passing game will basically be Chris Cooley or checkdown.

This, X2.

Jason being a winning average quarterback this year.

I am optimistic about this season, cautiously optimistic. I think the Skins are a playoff caliber team and have been for the past few years. With that being said, we all know about the questions the Skins have on the offensive line and development at QB but other than those two areas and significant injuries what do you think could be the Skins biggest Achilles heel this season?

1. The offensive line was awful for the better (or worse) half of the season and unless Mike Williams is the answer, it will be again.

2. Lack of depth and this will always be a problem under Snyderatto. We spend too much of our cap space trying to fill the starting 22 with as many big names as possible and squander too many draft picks to ever accumulate decent dpeth on this team. We've been lucky on a couple of seasons where we experienced fewer injuries but the team is getting older and we're going to see some people go down this year.

Archived