Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New raiders saftey, remind you of someone? (video)

portis&taylor

why are some of you guys getting so pissy about this guy reminding him of ST? the guy is a big saftey whos making some jarring hits, and seems like a ballhawk in coverage. pretty much exactly what ST was.

jeez.

It gets annoying when every single a time a safety makes a play, it has to remind everyone of Sean Taylor with a brand new thread.

I understand that people will think of Taylor, I do too, but why start a thread on it?

It gets annoying when every single a time a safety makes a play, it has to remind everyone of Sean Taylor with a brand new thread.

I understand that people will think of Taylor, I do too, but why start a thread on it?

because everyone and their grandma mocked the raiders for taking this nobody in the 2nd round, only to find out later that at least 2 other teams were gonna grab him in this round as well, making the raiders look less stupid than they already do (which is pretty friggin stupid).

and it shouldnt get annoying to see guys follow in the footsteps of taylor. i enjoy watching exceptional players excel at their position (college or pro) and this guy obviously did well enough in college to be selected on day one.

why not start a thread on it? i enjoyed the guys video.

Why post in it? Lol you think because you don't agree with something the thread should be closed.

Dude's highlight reel from college is more impressive than Laron's is, I'll give him that.

PS, I wish the song they used could have been a tad more annoying.

LaRon was going up against better competition though. I didn't recognize half the school's they were playing against in that video.

Let's take ST for what he was, guys. A great, young player for us that was just scratching the surface of his potential. He wasn't the best safety in the NFL, ever, etc. He was outstanding for us, and a fan favorite, but don't get mad if someone else's play is reminiscent of Taylor's.

I, too, like the way Mitchell flings his body around with such reckless abandon and levels receivers coming from all the way across the field. THAT's what reminds us of ST. That's what we remember ST by.

It should be a compliment to someone if their play reminds a Redskin fan of Sean Taylor's. You guys are treating it like it's a curse against the almighty Taylor to be compared to any human safety.

I bet if Sean watched this guy play, he'd see a lot of himself in him too, regardless of level of competition.

Let's take ST for what he was, guys. A great, young player for us that was just scratching the surface of his potential. He wasn't the best safety in the NFL, ever, etc. He was outstanding for us, and a fan favorite, but don't get mad if someone else's play is reminiscent of Taylor's.

I, too, like the way Mitchell flings his body around with such reckless abandon and levels receivers coming from all the way across the field. THAT's what reminds us of ST. That's what we remember ST by.

It should be a compliment to someone if their play reminds a Redskin fan of Sean Taylor's. You guys are treating it like it's a curse against the almighty Taylor to be compared to any human safety.

I bet if Sean watched this guy play, he'd see a lot of himself in him too, regardless of level of competition.

qft

Nice post man.

How can you talk about competition etc if you don't know that there are teams outside of the BCS conferences. what a joke.

I don't understand the point you're making here. Landry obviously played against better competition at LSU than Mitchell at Ohio.

Just because he doesn't recognize the teams that Ohio plays doesn't mean he can't say LSU, playing in the toughest conference in college football, plays better competition than Ohio does.

I live in Maryland and follow Towson U. Could you name all the teams that they play off the top of your head? Not many can. Doesn't make them a "joke". Crusher is actually one of the more respected posters on here.

Yeah I watched this video after they drafted him and mel kiper trashed the kid kinda reminds of when mel said Nnamdi Asomugha or what ever his name is would never make it in the nfl kiper is an idiot this kid is a monster and as far as him not playing tough competition go back and watch the ohio vs ohio st game he owned them

Archived