Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New raiders saftey, remind you of someone? (video)

portis&taylor

I got you. lol

Haha.

Yea, I think you knew where I was getting at.

I'm not trying to bash the kid. He went 2nd round in the NFL draft, dude's go skill. But there was a comparison to LaRon, and I stated that LaRon played in the toughest conference in all of college football for all 4 years. Ohio, where this kid played, did not.

Didn't think it was that hard to understand.

I read this thread and was like...oh great, another ST thread.

I've gotta admit though, he really does remind me of the way ST tackled. I'm quite impressed. I think it was still a stretch taking him in the 2nd round, but 73rd ranked safety, I dunno about. Then again, he played in a weak conference.

k all you guys freaking cuz i started this thread should seriously GTFO check my posts this is the first thread i have started about someone reminding me of Sean and thats because this is the only kid that does. I swear some of you guys never get off the rag :mad:

It's aight man we got your back.:)

if he was anywhere close to taylor i dont think he would go to ohio university. he would atleast go to ohio state lol

The OP said remind you of ST, as in his playing style, not is he as good, or does he do it as well, or "was Sean Taylor cloned and sent to Ohio University and then drafted by the Raiders".

I for one see a definite resemblance, a sort of recklessness that should bring some of the gritty toughness back to the Raiders, if he can focus it like ST was learning to do here.

Let's take ST for what he was, guys. A great, young player for us that was just scratching the surface of his potential. He wasn't the best safety in the NFL, ever, etc. He was outstanding for us, and a fan favorite, but don't get mad if someone else's play is reminiscent of Taylor's.

i disagree with this. i honestly believe in 2007, the season he was murdered, he was the best FS in the league. he was leading in INTs at the time, everybody knew he was a fumble threat everytime he hit somebody, and since we had a legit SS in landry in the box, ST was truly showing he was incredible. he never got the chance to have a career like reed, but for that one year, he was the best. and we will never know if he could have maintained that status.

Neither did I

Maybe I misunderstood your meaning, but you said that if he was anywhere near as good as ST, he at least would have gone to a better football program. Which I took to be going against the OP's statement that he reminded him of ST. He never said he was as good, which is what you seemed to be mocking...its all good:)

k all you guys freaking cuz i started this thread should seriously GTFO check my posts this is the first thread i have started about someone reminding me of Sean and thats because this is the only kid that does. I swear some of you guys never get off the rag :mad:

Taken care of! Don't worry.

It's just something you have to deal with on this site. Don't let it affect your expression of your thoughts.

i disagree with this. i honestly believe in 2007, the season he was murdered, he was the best FS in the league. he was leading in INTs at the time, everybody knew he was a fumble threat everytime he hit somebody, and since we had a legit SS in landry in the box, ST was truly showing he was incredible. he never got the chance to have a career like reed, but for that one year, he was the best. and we will never know if he could have maintained that status.

Very nicely put and I couldn't agree more. It's this fact that makes his death even more tragic in my eyes. He was really starting to become a superstar, as much as I hate that word. He was showing signs of it all year. I think when he died he was still leading the league in INTs as well. Such a great talent cut down short.

Back on topic. This kid does play like ST, no doubt about it. It's like he's the personification of the hit-stick that Madden employs. It's awfully entertaining and I hope the kid does well. Who knows, maybe the Raiders were on to something?

Lighten up, it's just like every time some new guy is up and coming in the NBA they want to say he's the next Jordan.

"I bet if Sean watched this guy play, he'd see a lot of himself in him too, regardless of level of competition." - terpskin

^^ no doubt man.

people used to say the next Ronnie Lott, etc etc. it's a compliment, the dudes measureables are similar, plays in a similar fashion, I can see what he's talking about.

Of course in the end Sean Michael Taylor was one of a kind. MEAST!

As far as this Raider rook goes though, he should be fun to watch and an asset to the NFL.

I don't doubt there will be a player like Sean Taylor sometime. If there is, we'll be able to recognize them. They'll be big and unreasonably quick for their size. They'll hit like a monster and will play with heart. They'll be at the top of some teams draft boards, even if he's coming out young.

We'll know it when we see it. Then we'll be like, hey, get that guy.

I don't doubt there will be a player like Sean Taylor sometime. If there is, we'll be able to recognize them. They'll be big and unreasonably quick for their size. They'll hit like a monster and will play with heart. They'll be at the top of some teams draft boards, even if he's coming out young.

We'll know it when we see it. Then we'll be like, hey, get that guy.

I really hope we do eventually get someone else like that on our team. He was such a special talent it was amazing.

If I ever have kids I want them to watch a Redskin game with me, and have me point out a player to them that is making a huge impact on the game. Then I can tell them about how once upon a time the Redskins had someone else who was like that. He would seem to be everywhere on the field at once, and if given the chance he would punish an opponent for challenging him. And I will tell them how his life was so tragically taken away just as he was beginning to enter his prime, and I hope I can tell them well enough so that they can understand just what he meant to so many people in so many ways. Not only to us football fans, but to his family as well. Truly tragic.:(

Archived