Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HQ Brian Orakpo 2008 Highlight Reel

CRobi21

Here's a little something I stumbled upon searching for some of Rak's stats.

Awesome, awesome quality here in this vid. And it doesn't just show him getting his sacks and stuff, it shows his QB pressures, hurries, and knock downs.

BOY, he puts CONSTANT pressure on some of these QBs. This could be fun to watch.

Taken from:

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/orakpo_brian00.html

HIGHLIGHT VID:

mms://a1981.v55340e.c55340.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1981/55340/v0001/cstvcbs.download.akamai.com/8108/open/tex/08-09/video/m-footbl/09sep/08_Orakpo_bio_111408.wmv

Man, he looks like the robot dude from Fox NFL Sunday jumping up and down in the left corner between plays. Holy guacamole! He looks like he could be the best we've ever had in DC.

He looks like a completely clean player who just jumps up after every single play. He doesn't take cheap shots or get stupid penalties. (This is a highlight reel though.)

I think this guy is going to the pro-bowl.

One thing that bothers me from these videos is that when they actually show him beating the tackles, he's only using one move. I don't see him doing anything but beating these guys with speed to the outside. No spin moves or even a bull rush. He's not going to be able to rely on only that in the NFL.

I do like his patience on running plays. He also read a few reverses perfectly and stayed put in his position.

One thing that bothers me from these videos is that when they actually show him beating the tackles, he's only using one move. I don't see him doing anything but beating these guys with speed to the outside. No spin moves or even a bull rush. He's not going to be able to rely on only that in the NFL.

I do like his patience on running plays. He also read a few reverses perfectly and stayed put in his position.

I dont think he will ever have a spin move (Dwight Freeny style). But I do think he will develop a bull rush....hes strong as an ox, and is only going to get stronger.

Nice find!

For some reason it won't play the '07 and '06 highlights.

Also, I noticed in his bio that he has missed a couple of games the last two years with a knee injury. Was this a serious or degenerative injury? Hope he doesn't have glass knees like Mr. Kelly!

Nice find!

For some reason it won't play the '07 and '06 highlights.

Also, I noticed in his bio that he has missed a couple of games the last two years with a knee injury. Was this a serious or degenerative injury? Hope he doesn't have glass knees like Mr. Kelly!

Yea. I was hoping to see how little he was those years compared to this past year.

But yea, those vids don't work.

I just exploded.....How many Sacks would orakpo have in college if those QBs did manage to get rid of the ball, I mean he's a slip second away for those QBs throwing the ball.

Everytime I think of Orakpo, I don't think of him, I think about Haynesworth and Orakpo just destroying half the oline on another team.

He is sooo quick off the snap, its amazing.

Holy guacamole, this guy could really, really be something else.

Just wondering, what would it take for someone to be considered the best Redskin defensive end ever?

If he's even in that conversation with Mann and Manley I will be ecstatic.

I like the tackling form he shows in that video. With his strength and that wrap up technique he should be just find stopping the run in the NFL.

If he's even in that conversation with Mann and Manley I will be ecstatic.

I like the tackling form he shows in that video. With his strength and that wrap up technique he should be just find stopping the run in the NFL.

Indeed.

I was probably most amazed when he tackled DeMarco Murray, RB from Oklahoma, 1 on 1, in the open field.

That is no easy task.

The thing about Orakpo is in college he played against so many spread offenses - Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Mizzou, etc who spread it out and get rid of the ball quickly. So he never really had much time to get to the quarterback. I am salivating at the thought of this guy having the time to get to a QB who makes a 5-step drop...

I disagree about the 'one move' comment. Any outside rusher will rely on the outside move a lot, but he also shows a good inside power move, as evidenced against Loadholt. The thing that separates him from many in my mind, is that you don't see him getting a lot of clean-up, or coverage sacks, he frequently beats his man and pressures or sacks the QB.

I also really like the power evidenced in his play. As he gets the corner, he uses a strong leg drive to continue into the backfield. I think this is a big difference between him and pure speed rushers like Aaron Maybin, Jarvis Moss, any FSU DE. Huge mistake picking Maybin, a 225lb DE, over Orakpo. As Rak learns to use his hands better, I he has a very high ceiling. Unlike many, it looks like, barring injury, his floor is also pretty high.

I disagree about the 'one move' comment. Any outside rusher will rely on the outside move a lot, but he also shows a good inside power move, as evidenced against Loadholt. The thing that separates him from many in my mind, is that you don't see him getting a lot of clean-up, or coverage sacks, he frequently beats his man and pressures or sacks the QB.

I also really like the power evidenced in his play. As he gets the corner, he uses a strong leg drive to continue into the backfield. I think this is a big difference between him and pure speed rushers like Aaron Maybin, Jarvis Moss, any FSU DE. Huge mistake picking Maybin, a 225lb DE, over Orakpo. As Rak learns to use his hands better, I he has a very high ceiling. Unlike many, it looks like, barring injury, his floor is also pretty high.

I'm with you all the way.

You also see him use an outside rush with a fake to the inside then back to the outside rush that results in a sack/pressure.

He still has moves to learn I'm sure, but he's not a one-trick pony. And if he can learn how to use his hands from Griff and Daniels, he'll be a force.

I'm with you all the way.

You also see him use an outside rush with a fake to the inside then back to the outside rush that results in a sack/pressure.

He still has moves to learn I'm sure, but he's not a one-trick pony. And if he can learn how to use his hands from Griff and Daniels, he'll be a force.

That's exactly what I was looking for too. He actually has a great inside move on one of the Bradford sacks where he completely takes Loadholt outside, then once Loadholt bites, he moves back inside surprisingly quick, and gets the sack. Very impressive.

That was my biggest worry about him, after watching someone like Everette Brown who has a ton of moves, Orakpo does have a few moves, it just so happens the one that's most successful is the one everyone notices, but if he's already developed a little off balance move, there's potential for a lot more. He's capable of a lot more.

The other things I noticed were the run stopping plays. Everyone has brought up his weakness against the run, well he looked pretty good while double teamed (though this is a highlight video), and he was faked out by Oklahoma's play-action for all of half a second. Those were really really nice to see.

I'm extremely excited.

Archived