Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How many TD's for cooley 2009?

skinswin=happy

Ok so I brought up the idea of trading cooley while he is at maximum value and didnt get many good responses. I feel that if we traded cooley we would be able to fill a glaring need at OLB or OT with a premier starter at this poiint. I also feel we wouldnt be losing that much because I feel davis could have a 45 rec and 6 tds if he was a starter especially since he is much more athletic to go up for balls in the endzone.

So my question is with cooley only having 1 td after being targeted 111 times and having 83 receptions how many TDs do you feel cooley will have this year? And also how many do u feel he needs to have to justify not making this trade? And please dont rationalize by saying its campbells fault any great player that gets thrown to 111 times should have more than one TD even if his little sister is throwing the ball.

How many TD's for CC in '09?

I dunno' man, hard to answer. I need more info. When's Brennan starting? :silly:

One thing's for sure, Zorn better start incorporating him in the red zone this season or this could be a whole lot longer ass year than it looks already offensively.

Another of the many mystery's of the Z-Man's tenure.

Why get away from what work's in the red zone and around the goal line, the tried and trusted Cooley and Big Mike options, and insist your scheme is the way to go even though it results in more or less zero production?

Hail.

Cooley could have 0 TD - but as he is top 3 on the team with receptions and consistently moves the chains for us I wouldn't want to trade him. Even if he's not the redzone target I'm okay with that. If he keeps doing what he's doing the TD #'s will come back up.

It really depends on who the qb will be.If it's still JC I'd say 6oo-8oo yards and 5 TD'S or less. Honestly and truly I believe Colt and Cooley would do DAMAMGE.I'm thinking Chris Cooley from 2oo5 numbers(Santana too). The main reason I say that is COlt reads defenses faster and WILL make them pay for blitzing.He also can hit his receivers in stride and would trust them to make the catch instead of holding onto it or waiting for them to get open.

Call me stupid, but I think they should put Orakpo out there at TE in some red zone packages. I read an article how he used to beg coaches at Texas to put him in there because he says he has great hands...and the dude has a 39.5 inch vertical...worth a shot.

If nothing else, it'd scare the crap out of the other team as a decoy.

Sure it did. When your idea of trading one of our best players gets shot down in private, you need to make it public so that others can take part in this train wreck of an idea.

I don't think he will catch any, unless Colt is firing them into Davis's jock.

Archived