Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Do you recycle?

#98QBKiller

What are is your favorite NASCAR Sprint Cup Track?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. What are is your favorite NASCAR Sprint Cup Track?

• Atlanta Motor Speedway
    • Bristol Motor Speedway
    • Lowe's Motor Speedway
    • Chicagoland Speedway
    • Darlington Raceway
    • Daytona Int'l Speedway
    • Dover Int'l Speedway
    • Fontana
    • Homestead-Miami Speedway
    • Indianapolis Motor Speedway
    • Kansas Speedway
    • Las Vegas Motor Speedway
    • Martinsville Speedway
    • Michigan Int'l Speedway
    • New Hampshire Motor Speedway
    • Phoenix Int'l Raceway
    • Pocono Raceway
    • Richmond Int'l Raceway
    • Infineon Raceway
    • Talladega Superspeedway
    • Texas Motor Speedway
    • Watkins Glen International
    • Other just because
    • What is this thing called NASCAR?
    • Who cares SC?? You fail

I used to, but my house is small and the bin takes up a lot of room. I tried keeping it on the back deck, but raccoons would throw the cans all over the place. It eventually got to be more of a pain in the ass then anything so I stopped.

~Bang

I recycle. Honestly though, if Mondizzle wasn't around, I'd throw everything in the trash.

"We" recycle the usual glass, plastic and aluminum as well as paper and cardboard. We also recycle plastic lids (that would normally be thrown away) by taking them to Aveda. It takes a little extra effort since the closest Aveda to us is 20 minutes away, but it makes me feel better about the Garbage Patch. If anyone's interested in the program:

http://aveda.aveda.com/aboutaveda/caps.asp

I got my neighbor to start doing it and she's having all her students at school do it, so I can collect them all and make one big deposit each month.

...and I use those swirly light bulbs :D:silly:

Last year, our grocery store had a buy-one-get-one-free sale on these, so we switched out all of our lightbulbs and only one has burned out so far! This pleases me :D

Yes and no. Sometimes I feel like it doesn't matter at all.

I will give my cans to a store clerk down the road from me that turns them in for cash.

I will recycle boxes and stuff most of the time, sometimes, I just want to get the trash out of the house and don't really care if it gets recycled or not.

Last year, our grocery store had a buy-one-get-one-free sale on these, so we switched out all of our lightbulbs and only one has burned out so far! This pleases me :D

I though those things were supposed to last for 10 years or something...

My buddy has them and saves on his electric. I don't have my lights on often enough for it to make a huge impact.

Yes. And I want to punch my roommate every time I go to throw something in the trash and I see a plastic bottle in there. The recycle bin if ****ing RIGHT BESIDE THE TRASH CAN. It also annoys me that she buys all the plastic bottles in the first place, but at this point I have to pick my battles.

Yes. And I want to punch my roommate every time I go to throw something in the trash and I see a plastic bottle in there. The recycle bin if ****ing RIGHT BESIDE THE TRASH CAN. It also annoys me that she buys all the plastic bottles in the first place, but at this point I have to pick my battles.

Should she buy glass bottles ? Or cans ?

Should she buy glass bottles ? Or cans ?

She buys bottled water when we have filtered water. She bought a reuseable water bottle like a month ago and has yet to use it. And she buys several 6 pack bottles of soda every week. I gotta imagine the 2 liter bottles are MUCH less wasteful. Or she could just stop drinking so much freaking soda! :doh:

She buys bottled water when we have filtered water. She bought a reuseable water bottle like a month ago and has yet to use it. And she buys several 6 pack bottles of soda every week. I gotta imagine the 2 liter bottles are MUCH less wasteful. Or she could just stop drinking so much freaking soda! :doh:

Recycle your roommate.

My city set up a recycling program about 20 years ago and its grown since then. Now we are to have 2 blue boxes, one for paper the other for plastics and metals, and now we have a green container for biodegradable wastes like food scraps and yard waste.

They are now introducing a one container limit on garbage, so you can only have 1 garbage can per household out per week. Being single this is not a problem since i rarely fill up a kitchen sized garbage bag a week, and that usually includes my food waste as well, the green bins get pretty nasty with rotting food and the disposable liners they sell for them are too much IMO (box for 20 for $12) and they barely work, tearing apart with even the slightest amount of weight in them.

I though those things were supposed to last for 10 years or something...

My buddy has them and saves on his electric. I don't have my lights on often enough for it to make a huge impact.

I've got a few around the house on the lights I use the most and I noticed a drop in the power bill initially. I've had them for almost a year now and haven't had one burn out. I'm pretty sure it said on the box that they're good for 8 years? Not 100 percent sure about that though.

On a personal level I don't. My wife sorts the plastics at home otherwise I'd just throw stuff away.

My wife makes us recycle cans, however, it's a complete waste of time. After six months of saving and taking two full bags of crushed cans we got $30 bucks. 6 months for $30 bucks. complete waste of time.

I do because the state pretty much forces us. Every single container gets 5 cents added in the checkout for a "deposit." So if you throw anything away, you're losing money. Buy a few 12 packs and some 2-liters, and you're forking over a few bucks to the state.

The dirtiest trick is the scanning system. They require grocery stores to operate redemption machines with one for glass, one for plastic, and one for aluminum. For one thing, you MUST keep the cans or bottles whole and intact, label and all. The reason is that the machine scans each UPC to verify it is a "New York" can, not scammers pulling a Seinfeld type scheme from out of state. So you have to keep aluminum cans and 2-liters without crushing them. That's quite a chore in the space-challenged places in New York. Then when you decide to haul a trunk full of uncrushed containers to the store, the damn machine is full, or at best, you have to stand in a stinky little side room feeding your whole cans in one at a time, chillin with the homeless population.

On a personal level I don't. My wife sorts the plastics at home otherwise I'd just throw stuff away.

My wife makes us recycle cans, however, it's a complete waste of time. After six months of saving and taking two full bags of crushed cans we got $30 bucks. 6 months for $30 bucks. complete waste of time.

Dude, you really should check out that movie Wall-E. Might help you realize what harm you're doing to our planet and by extension our society.

So it's a complete waste of time unless you make money off it?

Archived