Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lakers NBA Champs/NBA Off-Season Thread

CrypticVillain

Ray Allen sure is clutch when he gets the pass with the movement offense. Magic mentioned last night that he can't create his own stuff but is amazing when he's coming off screens. He proved it tonight. Man, he just drained that last one (Boston may still be in trouble though).

They put together a convincing response in the second game and the frustration for Dallas could be seen all the way down its bench. Mavs owner Mark Cuban punched a water cooler as San Antonio pulled away in the fourth.

The Mavericks haven't won a playoff series since 2006. Winning the opener was a start, but they'll have to figure out another way to stop Parker in Game 3.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=290420024

Lol...what is it with Dallas teams and playoff choking :silly:

I see Chicago winning this series.

Powe is out, that's gonna hurt and Big Baby will not have these types of games on the road. It's gonna be all on Pierce's shoulders.

It's gonna be really tough. I love how Marbury is pretty much a scrub now! haha

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4086083

"Every time [Parker] drives the lane, we have to put him on his back," Dampier said, according to The Dallas Morning News. "The first foul has to tell him he's in for a long night."

"My first foul Thursday night is going to put him on his back," Dampier said. "I guarantee it."

This needed a press announcement?

:doh:

Do it and then hope you don't get caught. Don't announce you're going to do it to the press.

No one is going to challenge the Lakers and Cavs. Houston is the only team that can challenge the Lakers and by challenge I mean lose in 6 games. Barely pulling out victories and getting blown out in the losses.

On another note the Celtics look done. I loved the 8 1/2 points they got for both games though. I cleaned up on that one. And I think it goes to show last years lakers were in roughly the same position. Bynum being out with Kobe and Gasol having to do everything. Looks like Pierce isnt as good as he thinks he is.

Wow, look at the 1st team defense:

Guards: Chris Paul (Hornets), Dwyane Wade (Heat)

Forwards: Kevin Garnett (Celtics), LeBron James (Cavs)

Center: Dwight Howard (Magic)

With the possible change maybe replacing KG w/ Kobe and having LeBron at the 4, or replacing Wade at the 2 with Kobe, that's who I'd want to start period.

The Bulls and Celtics series and shaping up to be a great one. Both games have pretty much come down to the wire. Gordon was simply wet last night. I have seen him many times just go on this rediculous runs where he hits every three he throws up. I am definitely going to be watching this series til the end. Will be intresting when it goes back to Chicago. Curious to see how the Bulls feed off the crowd.

Non of the other games have really been as exciting to me. To many blow outs right now but going into games 2 and 3 it usually gets alot tighter as teams start to make adjustments.

Archived