Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lakers NBA Champs/NBA Off-Season Thread

CrypticVillain

Lakers and Cavs in the finals, there is no team in the East or West right now that can hang with either of those teams. I see the Lakers winning if they are firing on all cylinders but could easily see the Cavs winning. But for now I say the Lakers.

Yeah that is the consensus pick and it might happen. As of matter of fact if money was involved, I will put my mine on it. But if it is two teams that has the

Lakers and Cavs number it is the Blazers and Magic.

People have been sleeping on the Blazers all year, Alridge and Roy are monsters. Especially Roy, because when he is on he is one of the best scoring guards in the league. Plus on top of that, The Blazers beat the Lakers in Portland seven consecutive times. Now if they can get pass Houston, the second round match up versus the Lakers will be good.

And with the Magic, we all know that if they are hitting them threes NOBODY could beat them. The hard part is that they have to hit them.

i think thats the first time ive heard somebody say magic blazers finals since jordan haters had penny in the finals verses clyde drexlers blazers LOL

im excited for the playoffs though!

I think there's pretty much ZERO chance of a Blazers-Magic Final. Hell, I'd be shocked if either even made the conference finals.

Yeah that is the consensus pick and it might happen. As of matter of fact if money was involved, I will put my mine on it. But if it is two teams that has the

People have been sleeping on the Blazers all year, Alridge and Roy are monsters. Especially Roy, because when he is on he is one of the best scoring guards in the league. Plus on top of that, The Blazers beat the Lakers in Portland seven consecutive times. Now if they can get pass Houston, the second round match up versus the Lakers will be good.

And with the Magic, we all know that if they are hitting them threes NOBODY could beat them. The hard part is that they have to hit them.

Dude, the Blazers only own the Lakers in Portland. And only in the regular season. And that won't matter, come playoff time. Playoffs are a whole other animal. Lakers are clearly playoff-tested. Blazers don't have any. Lakers would beat Portland in no more than 5 games.

And the Magic may have beaten the Cavs up in the regular season. But, again, the playoffs are a different story. Now that Garnett is out, I don't see how the Cavs won't make it. And I think the Lakers are pretty much a lock out west.

I think there's pretty much ZERO chance of a Blazers-Magic Final. Hell, I'd be shocked if either even made the conference finals.

What? The Magic should get there. They will have to play the Celtics or Heat/Hawks. Now If the Blazers don't go I wouldn't be shocked because they would have to play the Lakers. But as I stated on my last post, stop sleeping on the Blazers.

And I think the Lakers are pretty much a lock out west.

If they get pass the Blazers, maybe.

My brother is a Lakers fan and he is definitely worried about the Blazers. Roy is a beast. We shall see, I am gonna check out this Bulls Celtics game right now. I feel so bad for KG you can just see by looking at him on the bench how bad he wants to be out there. I am happy he got his ring last year since he is hurt this year.

What? The Magic should get there. They will have to play the Celtics or Heat/Hawks. Now If the Blazers don't go I wouldn't be shocked because they would have to play the Lakers. But as I stated on my last post, stop sleeping on the Blazers.

If they get pass the Blazers, maybe.

Ok, maybe not "shocked" if the Magic got there. But I still see the Cavs getting there. Or I think Boston could still do it. I'm just not buying the Magic hype.

As far as the Blazers. I've watched them all year long. Yeah, they're a solid club. But they're too "young". That's the part you're not understanding. Most, if not all, of their key guys have no playoff experience. There's no way in hell they're getting past a healthy Laker club. That's just not happening. Their only chance would be if someone upsets LA. And I don't see that.

Don't really see any upsets...none of the first round series in the West is an upset to me(except Lakers-Jazz)because the teams finished so close in the regular season. I'd love to see something like Magic-Blazers in the Finals but unfortunately it's going to be Cavs-Lakers...

Ok, maybe not "shocked" if the Magic got there. But I still see the Cavs getting there. Or I think Boston could still do it. I'm just not buying the Magic hype.

As far as the Blazers. I've watched them all year long. Yeah, they're a solid club. But they're too "young". That's the part you're not understanding. Most, if not all, of their key guys have no playoff experience. There's no way in hell they're getting past a healthy Laker club. That's just not happening. Their only chance would be if someone upsets LA. And I don't see that.

Cavs don't match up well with the Hawks. You can't start Delonte West at the 2 against Joe Johnson. Joe is about 6'8 240 with good post moves. Plus, Marvin Williams can defend Lebron pretty well. There's a lot of points to be had in transition for the Hawks with the Horford - Big Z matchup. Mo Williams doesn't penetrate well enough to take full advantage of Bibby's defense, he's more of a shooter.

Archived