Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Todd mcshay latest Mock

That Redskins Fan

If Ayers is the choice I think fans need to set expectation accordingly. Seems to be a Philip Daniels type. So in other words don't expect a lot of sacks and be happy if he is a solid, contributing, starting caliber, run stuffer.

With the 13th overall pick in the draft??? Plenty of 2nd and 3rd rd DEs for that.

ummm, didnt anybody see how many t.f.l. he had in that video, the guy is blowin' by linemen, i want a tackle as much as anyone on here, but Ayers next to 92 would be pretty nasty. still, pick a tackle any tackle, and then get a center, then a guard. just get f'in linemen, not a freckin dirty sanchez.

Campbell is what I'm talking about. THeir original pick was Carlos Rogers then they traded back into the first round. They did not trade up to a higher spot with their first pick. And Cooley was a third rounder not a first rounder.

We picked Jason because of Gibbs, not Snyder. Gibbs is the one that was in love with Jason's character and demeanor.

Orakpo is purely a pass rushing speed guy, hes not even considered the best 3-4 olb prospect because he is not very fluid. Ayers actually looks very well rounded, good burst and very deceptive with his moves. Also very stout against the run and a good tackler. He is what you call a complete DE.. maybe not as flashy as orakpo but definately less situational.

I also have heard numerous times that orakpo has had knee problems and that scares the hell out of me.

We picked Jason because of Gibbs, not Snyder. Gibbs is the one that was in love with Jason's character and demeanor.

again, I am talking abou strategy to get him. not, NOT any personnel opinions. We have never taken our one single first round draft pick and traded up despite what people say about Snyder's "style"

again, I am talking abou strategy to get him. not, NOT any personnel opinions. We have never taken our one single first round draft pick and traded up despite what people say about Snyder's "style"

I know what you mean. Despite all the things you constantly hear regarding rumors of Snyder shakin things up, there is very little evidence to support their claims.

I know what you mean. Despite all the things you constantly hear regarding rumors of Snyder shakin things up, there is very little evidence to support their claims.

I think some of our attempted trades is Snyder just wanting to keep the Skins in the news and the fans talking, personally.

I've been warming up to Ayers (though not at #13) ... and I can't see how we would pass on a OT like Oher if he is still on the board.

Unfortunately we HAVE to fill the most important needs due to our lack of draft picks, which I believe is OT. We NEED a top OL prospect to develop and not another UDFA project.

DE is NOT as big of a need ... and Ayers has not done anything to warrant expecting immediate NFL production. It's not as safe a pick. Oher may not even necessarily have to start right away with Jansen and Heyer competing at RT. But we will need more depth in case Samuels suffers injuries. We have depth at DE (albeit that's not saying a whole lot right now) ... but we can get by at DE for one more year, we CANNOT wait another year on an OL'man ... we seem to be fairly set at G and we could use a possible Center to compete with Rabach.

If any of the top 4 OL'man are there at #13, and we have no option to trade back ... I will crap myself if we don't take an OL'man.

I wish I knew more about Ayers. But from highlights I've seen and other discussions about him I won't be too upset if we drafted him.

But I'm torn between a DE and RT. I don't know which is a bigger need since we do have some depth at DE with Daniels & Wynn (maybe Wilson from the SLB postion) even Alexander. Jansen and Heyer on OT side. I guess it should come down to who can come in and make the quicker impact.

FYI....Mayock has a pretty good track record in evaluating players and with his mock drafts and he's high on Ayers. He says in three years, he expects Ayers to be the best Defensive player out of this years draft. Pretty strong statement.

I like Ayers i think he's a good player and could be the sleeper DE in the draft. That said i don't want him. Only because after Devon Thomas i don't want us to waste our 1st pick on a 1 season wonder that we didn't even work out simply because he is BPA at need position according to "experts". Now if the Redskins actually worked this guy out and graded him appropriately then maybe. But to take a guy that had marginal #'s for one year and take the word of "experts" is basically drafting on assumptions. BAD IDEA!

Some of you guys are pretty down on Ayers, but literally ALL of the experts are predicting him as a really good NFL player. We can't get SO caught up in college sacks that we overlook someone's talent.

When it comes down to it, at DE, Ayers is what we need more than Orakpo. Orakpo is smaller and not as versatile as Ayers. We can't play Orakpo on the left side, that would be out of position for him. Orakpo had GREAT college production, but that doesn't always translate to the NFL, especially if he really has some knee issues.

Ayers can stuff the run, but he also has MORE pass rushing moves than Orakpo, he just didn't have the time to fully put his skills on display yet.

I'm not saying Orakpo isn't good, I'm just saying that Ayers is actually a better pick for us (if the experts are right, which I'm assuming they all know more than us, since you guys are just looking at their sack totals and basing everything on that one college statistic)

I'd rather have Oher if he's there.

Then you should like Don Banks' latest Mock:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/don_banks/04/17/mock2/index.html

13 redskins_45.gif OT Michael Oher Ole Miss Sr. 6-4 309 The Redskins will feel fortunate if Oher lasts this long, given their need at right offensive tackle. If he's gone, that could push one of the two defensive ends who went right before -- Ayers and Jackson -- into their laps. Either way they should get a major need addressed.

I think the Draft just got VERY interesting.

why you ask:

Buffalo picks:

11: 1,250

21: 800

or

28: 660

11 + 21 = 2050 => around pick 3 (KC) or 4 (seattle)

11 + 28 = 1910 => around pick 4 (Seattle) or 5 (browns)

their 2nd Rounder (10) 480 can get them easily to #3 in either scenario if they add in Edwards, they could draft Stafford. Go figure.

What players are likely gone at pick 1 and 2? Jason Smith, and or Matt Stafford/Aaron Curry/Eugene Monroe............

assuming of course they trade up.

I wouldnt mind taking ayers at all but probably not at 13... there will be alot of names to slip into the second round and even if he isnt one of them, another guy will be. I'd rather trade back and pick up a later first and a second

Ayers can stuff the run, but he also has MORE pass rushing moves than Orakpo, he just didn't have the time to fully put his skills on display yet.

the man played 4 years, how much more time does he need to produce?

i understand that numbers can't be the end all be all, but it concerns me that player as highly regarded as he seems to be, could not produce much on the collegiate level

I am for picking a OT, DE, or LB. I am not in favor of picking QB, WR, or RB. Wasting first round picks is what has kept us down the last few years. I know that Snyder is never really happy with developing his own players. In case he forgot, Landry, Taylor, and Cooley were all draft picks that Gibbs picked up and developed and look how important they are to the team. I don't think that Snyder is going to listen to conventional wisdom. He is so hell bent on proving his detractor wrong about building a Super Bowl winner that he is going to do it at the expense of team and it could be really bad. Eventually people are going to get fed up and stop going to games because of the prices, if things don't turn around.

I know that i have seen more than a fair share of threads dedicated to selling tickets because they can't afford them any more or people who have turned in their tickets in favor of watching them on TV because they are fed up. Snyderrato should listen to draft experts and not his lacky. If he wants to build a team that is a contender, you can do it through free agency, but not exclusively. You have to take care of your draft picks.

Player evaluations are complete and draft boards are set around the NFL as we enter the homestretch before the NFL draft, but the chatter is building surrounding possible trades, mostly concerning where QB Mark Sanchez will land. Things can change on a moment's notice at this point in the process, and only hours after my original projection appeared I was told by reliable sources that Seattle will pull the trigger on Sanchez at No. 4 overall. That will send ripples all the way down to the New York Jets at No. 17.

if the skins wan to get sanchez.. the price just got steeper it is now number three to get sanchez

If we traded up to #3 and took Sanchez instead of Curry...that would just be insane.

But I still contend everyone is misreading our interest in Sanchez. No basis or source whatsoever, but my gut instinct is we're scouting him. He could very possibly be the starter for the Rams, Bucs, Broncos or Lions (now appearing less likely, with the news of who they're negotiating with). There will be very little tape on him, especially if he ends up in St. Louis. So this is our best opportunity to scout and evaluate him in case we face him this season.

Archived