Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We need to somehow be in the top 5 draft selection for next year........

VsR785

Somebody is VERY focused on Sean Taylor.

Just because that guy is a safety and his name has a "Taylor" in it, doesn't mean he can replace your hero. Scrapping the season just to satisfy your fantasy is an immature train of thought. You are a perfect candidate to become a stalker.

GROW UP! Get a life.

Who peed in your cereal? :doh:

No where in his first post did the OP suggest that Taylor Mays was the next Sean Taylor. He, like many others I've seen on this forum, are really enamored with Taylor Mays for his combination of size and speed at the safety spot. There's no need to attack him in this manner.

You can put 10 Taylor Mays back there ..but if you don't have good D-line and a pass rush they will get picked apart. A gud D-line can mask an average secondary but a good secondary can't mask a bad D-line.

What? Then what do you call last year? If what you say is true, then apparently our Dline played pretty well last year? We are set for the secondary for along time.

Also had a chance at the Senior Bowl to get a sneak preview of the likely #1 pick in the 2030 draft, hot DL prospect:

DSC07545.JPG

I'm not sure we'll be able to get him though, gotta figure odds are pretty good The Danny will have sold the team well before then. :(

Who peed in your cereal? :doh:

No where in his first post did the OP suggest that Taylor Mays was the next Sean Taylor. He, like many others I've seen on this forum, are really enamored with Taylor Mays for his combination of size and speed at the safety spot. There's no need to attack him in this manner.

why else would someone want the Skins to finish near last place? The writing is on the wall. Read it.

why else would someone want the Skins to finish near last place? The writing is on the wall. Read it.

He said nothing about Sean Taylor.

For someone with as many posts as you have in such a short timespan, I'd expect you to understand that we don't just bring him up for no reason on here and we don't attack other members, just their arguments.

You did neither with what you were justly called out on for saying.

There are plenty who would want the Skins to finish in last place so they have a top 5-10 pick to get a really good player that they really like. The OP's not the first, so there's no need for you to lash out at him the way you did, especially for something he probably didn't even mean to insinuate.

Over the last 10 years we have turned in a top-10 defensive performance yards-wise 7 times and 4 top-10 in points surrendered. The bad defenses were fixed in years time without picks that high. We have only fielded a top-10 offense once and that was at the very beginning of the time period in question and fielded only 3 offenses that were above average. A season bad enough to get us a top-5 pick would mean that QB need to be fixed, much more work needs to go into finding some WR, the o-line needs to be fixed and/or we totally failed to fix any holes this year. Add this to the fact that CP will be another year older, Moss will be older and both DT and MK will have pretty much proven they are busts. At a minimum, we still would have major holes and safety would not likely be among the top priorities.

Rowe from Fla St will be best safety next year. But he will be a later pick cause I dont know if he'll play while studying at some ivy league school w/ his Rhodes scholarship.
Horton Kool-aid anyone??? A decent, better then expected rookie year and you think we're set.
There is nobody named "Rowe" from FSU (it's Rolle), and Myron wouldn't be the best safety anyway, I don't even think he'd be a 1st round pick actually. Meanwhile, Horton played pretty well, 7th round pick or not, for a rookie who was dealing with some injury issues half the season. Realistically, he should be a very solid safety for the NFL level by his 3rd season. By that time, Landry could possibly be playing at an All-Pro level given his talent level and if we can get Haynesworth and even more pass rush up front on the d-line. That's more than good enough for the safety position.

Berry is the real deal, end of story. Mays isn't close to his level. He's just a hard hitting workout warrior who free lances and can easily give up a big play trying to go for kill shots while not playing smart.

Another year could definitely help him improve on his mental side of the game, but we'll see.

Either way, we'd be really, really dumb to take a safety in the top 5 if that's where we end up picking. We need some young, elite offensive help now, and we'll need it even more so likely next year if we don't address it this draft.

So its worth having a horrible season to get one safety, despite the fact that safety isn't a position where we need help?

Fail.

We could trade our first this year for the browns 2nd this year and first next year (add maybe a 3rd or 4th this year).

Not that I am saying Mays is a need, but losing isn't the only way to get a top 5 pick.

We need to somehow be in the top 5 draft selection for 2022:

For WOODRIDGE CHARGERS' DANNY DROPHAMMER, takes 3 Cowboys to bring him down here, please please thanks.

The end.

I am intrigued...Danny Drophammer is certainly a good name for a football player.

Wait, what was this thread about again?

Archived