Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We need to somehow be in the top 5 draft selection for next year........

VsR785

Top 5%??? Based on what?

We have one young potentially star S...Laron Landry....he had shown some vulnerabilities but he is young and could become a very good player...

Then we have Horton, who I think was sharing time at S towards the end of the season with Moore...he isnt as good as fans here think he is....

So the orginal poster suggested we DO have 2 good safeties and I would disagree...:silly:

i admittedly just threw the number out there, but again - a potential star (your words) with a rookie who racked up starts and made many plays on the ball and tackles behind the line of scrimmage?

how are we possibly not set at S? not saying we dont need depth, and im not saying Chris HOrton is an all pro. but we are not going to have All Pros at every position. and a "potential star" with a solid young player is not half bad at the S position...

FOR USC's TAYLOR MAYS please please thanks.

the end.

Somebody is VERY focused on Sean Taylor.

Just because that guy is a safety and his name has a "Taylor" in it, doesn't mean he can replace your hero. Scrapping the season just to satisfy your fantasy is an immature train of thought. You are a perfect candidate to become a stalker.

GROW UP! Get a life.

Horton wasn't our full time starter until week 4, and he was injured in the middle of the season, which nagged him for a little while.

He ended up with 14 games and 10 starts.

Even with the missing games, he ended up 3rd among all rookies in tackles, and 1st among rookie DB's.

We are fine at safety.

Again we have 2 young and upcoming S, who one could be a star and the other should be very serviceable but to say we have 2 good S, is misleading...

i admittedly just threw the number out there, but again - a potential star (your words) with a rookie who racked up starts and made many plays on the ball and tackles behind the line of scrimmage?

how are we possibly not set at S? not saying we dont need depth, and im not saying Chris HOrton is an all pro. but we are not going to have All Pros at every position. and a "potential star" with a solid young player is not half bad at the S position...

I agree with your above statement 100%...I think it was a lazy post on my end...:)

Landry, for the millionth time, did a great/fantastic job last year. He's playing the Cover One. He's not supposed to give up big plays, and he was exceptional at that.

Horton shared time with the trainers because he injured his shoulder and had a very, very good year.

I don't know what group of safeties that you were looking at, and remember that Moore was doing a good job, too, but it wasn't the Washington Redskins.

Close Thread, and Blatche and the other coaches seemed to be higher on Moore in pre-season than Horton. I think Moore is an excellent special teamer and could be a good safety as well. I am excited to see Horton and Moore with a full nfl offseason under there belts.

Besides all of the above, have I mentioned that we have TWO excellent safeties? Plus, our backups are above average with Doughty and Moore. In fact, I think Moore is going to be a star in this league if he gets a fulltime shot at strong safety.

That guys loves to hitand he tackles. Watch him on special teams.

Why are we suddenly talking about safeties before the draft. Is this a Dan Snyder thread? Haven't we drafted enough safeties in the last few years without taking away our focus on the lack of a pass rush and our injured and old offensive line. Lets ignore this thread from here on out so it can die the death it deserves.

Then we have Horton...he isnt as good as fans here think he is....

thanks for the heads up, I figured it was just my eyes playing tricks on me last year when I thought Horton sealed a few wins for us with late game INT's.

Must have been someone Carlos making those plays. :silly:

Taylor Mays is just aight. He's definitely not top 5 material. I do like Eric Berry, though. That kid looks like he could be a good one.

We don't need to draft anymore first round Safetys. I think we're good. I would go for the trenches and possibly a QB depending on how things shake out this year.

Mays is soft, I've seen him get trucked a lot and he rarely if ever makes a big hit. He hasn't at all been a game changer.....Go watch ST at UM to see how a big time safety prospect plays in college.

Not to mention, as has been said, we have one great young safety and one pretty damn good one starting at the other slot.

I just want Campbell to succeed, I'm sick of playing musical QB

YES, YES YES! Now dats what um talkin bout.

Can't everybody get on board and stop wishing that Jason will fail so they can say "I TOLD YOU SO...LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME, I WAS THE FIRST TO SAY HE WAS NO GOOD....."

Thanks for a sensible post and bringing out the real problem which is the more failure we have at the position the more we will play musical QB.

We should all be rooting for not only Jason but for Colt Brennan as well.

YES, YES YES! Now dats what um talkin bout.

Can't everybody get on board and stop wishing that Jason will fail so they can say "I TOLD YOU SO...LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME, I WAS THE FIRST TO SAY HE WAS NO GOOD....."

Thanks for a sensible post and bringing out the real problem which is the more failure we have at the position the more we will play musical QB.

We should all be rooting for not only Jason but for Colt Brennan as well.

Clearly haven't read any threads from the regular seasons, have you? People on this board would rather any given player/coach fail so that they can be "right" than actually cheer for the team.

For the record: I'm right there with you.

Taylor Mays will not be a top 10 prospect by next year. Well, I say that, but the USC hype machine will probably have him going first overall. Only at USC can a college player have a mediocre career and be considered a top 15 pick. At any rate, Eric Berry is better and SHOULD be rated higher than Mays. Safety isn't something we should be too concerned about but I wouldn't complain about taking Berry so Laron can move to his more natural SS position, assuming we pick that high. I'm more excited about the DE, LB and DT prospects next year. Positions we actually need!

Not that I would ever wish to be selecting in the top 5 of next year's draft like the creator of this thread, but if we did, it certainly wouldn't be Taylor Mays. If anyone watched all the games last season they would know that our secondary isn't even close to being one of our teams top needs. Depending on this year's draft, were gonna draft a MLB to replace London Fletcher who will be 36 by the time next season starts, a QB to replace JC because its no secret that Snyder is dying to get a different guy, or a lineman on either the O or D depending on what we select this year. Taylor Mays however is totally absurd and outta the question.

With JC at QB again, that should be doable.

Mr. Fat..or is is Mr. Stupid? Or do you prefer being called Mr. Loser? Well anyway...I was just reviewing some of your posts in the past and YES WE GET IT! You are a Jason Campbell hater. Yes we get it.

You hate Jason, and you have predicted how bad of a season? Oh thats right you haven't said yet, so let's go. Tell us the numbers you predict for Jason Campbell this year because I for one would like to have it on the table what a REAL LIVE JASON HATER believes a failure of a season looks like.

So I will wait for your prediction and answer on this thread.

Mr. Fat..or is is Mr. Stupid? Or do you prefer being called Mr. Loser? Well anyway...I was just reviewing some of your posts in the past and YES WE GET IT! You are a Jason Campbell hater. Yes we get it.

You hate Jason, and you have predicted how bad of a season? Oh thats right you haven't said yet, so let's go. Tell us the numbers you predict for Jason Campbell this year because I for one would like to have it on the table what a REAL LIVE JASON HATER believes a failure of a season looks like.

So I will wait for your prediction and answer on this thread.

Campbell will be benched by game 6.

Then we will start to roll.

Archived