Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Devin Thomas' blog

corrupt3d

That's because it's was merely a ploy to grab your attention.

Yeah, it is known that Royal texted Brandon Stokely, with him saying that he wanted to connect with Stokley right away so he could learn everything about the Denver offense.

It's also known that Jay Cutler called him the best route runner on the team.

He won the #2 role. No injury flukes forcing him to start. Considering that ARE is the receiver ahead of Thomas, Thomas not beating ARE is very telling.

I'll buy that argument. Well Done.

Oh snap! I want the signed Authentic jersey he's selling that seems to be cheaper than if you bought an authentic with his name and number from NFL.com.
those definitely are not authentics at that price. More likely a premier.

Judging from the jock tag, it looks like an authentic rather than a Premier. However, it could be a knock-off authentic, such as what is on Cooley's site.

Yeah 62% of check-downs. Give me a break..... seriously.

Devin was not given a real opportunity last year, and his QB is just plain junk.

You are absolutely right.... What a bum of a QB we must have had last year ... I mean it is not like someone like Cooley lead the NFC (2nd NFL) In receptions for all TE (Career high 83) or been 2nd in the NFC (4th NFL) for recieving yards (Career high 849 yards) ...

It is not like the pro bowl WR Santana Moss had his 2nd highest career receptions year last and 3rd best yardage total .

It is not like ARE had a career season for receptions...

Yep it is all the QB if he had anyother QB he would have 20,000 yards and 800 TDs this season ... just like evert other WR who played the game ,,,

\sarcasm

You are absolutely right.... What a bum of a QB we must have had last year ... I mean it is not like someone like Cooley lead the NFC (2nd NFL) In receptions for all TE (Career high 83) or been 2nd in the NFC (4th NFL) for recieving yards (Career high 849 yards) ...

It is not like the pro bowl WR Santana Moss had his 2nd highest career receptions year last and 3rd best yardage total .

It is not like ARE had a career season for receptions...

Yep it is all the QB if he had anyother QB he would have 20,000 yards and 800 TDs this season ... just like evert other WR who played the game ,,,

\sarcasm

WCO is all about receptions... yardage is not important nor is scoring TDs... it's all about the amount of receptions... even the 1-4 yard ones... coool...

How did this become another JC thread? Dear God. I can't wait for the season.

Fairly easy considering all it takes sometimes is one or two prime suspects to enter a thread. And it helps,(Iin this case), that some take the bait. That said,let's keep the discussion to young Mr. Thomas,his blog,ect. It's getting to the point that the J.C. discussions are beginning to overwhelm other threads,and this tends to keep the discussions about other things limited. A disruption if you will. Members could,(and possibly are),avoiding threads as a result. Does nothing for the discussions.

All that means is that for those of you who want to discuss Jason's ability or lack there of,go to one of those threads specifically doing so. This one is off limits now. That's a warning. Only 1 this time. Fighting Irish, that will be all about Jason in this thread.

WCO is all about receptions... yardage is not important nor is scoring TDs... it's all about the amount of receptions... even the 1-4 yard ones... coool...

ARE average 11.2 yards/reception, Cooley 10.2 yards/reception Moss 13.2 yards/reception ... I meen Campbell is throwing 6.4 yards per attempt interesting considering you and other think most of his passes are dump offs in the 1-4 yard range .

I am sorry to go off topic . I really think Thomas may really come on leaps and bounds this season he has all the tools and the realization of what he needs to do . I also think he showed some flashes last year . But to blame his production on the QB is ill informed or just pure hate .

Often Thomas was off on his mystery routes, and he and Kelly killed the momentum in a couple of because they were not sure if they should have been in on the play or not .

Expecting a 800-1000yd season from him is absurd, especially since he will most likely be the #3 again.

Here's to Devin's continued improvement, regardless or whatever insane expectations are put on him from this board. :beerglass

Expecting a 800-1000yd season from him is absurd, especially since he will most likely be the #3 again.

Here's to Devin's continued improvement, regardless or whatever insane expectations are put on him from this board. :beerglass

IDK

I think it's about time the team smartens up if he actually shows it. He got a lot of playing time last year and I believe if he convinces the coaches that he takes the #2 spot. ARE should stick to slot.

I saw a lot of energy in Devin's play last season, but he was still refining and focussing it. He's got great potential, and could turn into quite a find for the Skins. However, he's still working his way into the skill-sets needed for the top-flight NFL WRs.

Speed is one; he's fine in that area, and will get better at using it with a little more coaching. Size, he's great too. Hands? Hopefully with more playing time we'll see that too.

I think Devin is smart to be building rapport with Jason; he wants Jason looking his way on the field and feeling more confident to try to work the pass to Thomas during crunch tiime.

It's not all about Devin proving himself this year for me. Most receivers who amount to anything in the league take until year three to truly break out and that is with solid QB play. I'm a Campbell guy but to date, he has not proven to consistently be the dynamic playmaker that can exploit the skill set of a receiver like Thomas. 60+ catches, 700+ yds and 6TDs are my realistic goals for him this year. If he does better, great but I wouldn't label him a bust if he doesn't. Receiver just isn't an immediate impact position like say RB.

I think that Zorn did him a disservice as a rookie calling him out like he did. We now hate the guy because he was seen as not being in NFL condition like Zorn was when he came in the league. He did make a big play that was called back last season on a busted coverage, but he may start catching some balls this year. He has to be better than everyone except Moss right now.

He did make a big play that was called back last season on a busted coverage, but he may start catching some balls this year. He has to be better than everyone except Moss right now.

I'm just sad we didn't see any more of that as he got more plays - especially as they began to double up on Moss.

That deep ball got me kinda excited, I just wish it coulda been longer lasting.

I don't think its absurd to expect the best. I'm glad to hear that Devin wants to be a starter this year. That means doesn't want to just be the #3. If he can have a real good training camp, and possibly unseat ARE as the #2, then he may be in for a big season.

I don't know, he seems a bit ****y and arrogant to me, I read his blogs but then his BIO and he thinks of himself as a hero? I don't know but this smells like a new age Micheal Westbrook to me, someone that had talent but didn't have the dedication. We will see though, it seems to me that with his size and speed, he should be able to start over ARE and Thrash. He was called out by Zorn but is he going to play with a chip on his shoulder and perform, or is he just another cry baby player.....

I think Devin is smart to be building rapport with Jason; he wants Jason looking his way on the field and feeling more confident to try to work the pass to Thomas during crunch tiime.

I hope hes actually in the right place in crunch time. I want DT to break out for big plays man.

Archived