Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Devin Thomas' blog

corrupt3d

It's funny...after the draft last year everyone was saying "you can't judge a WR til their 3rd season, thats usually how long it takes til they settle in"

I don't think Devin has been here that long yet

The 3 year thing is a sad myth bread by us Skins fans accepting mediocrity.

(ie: Desean Jackson)

Bottom line is Devin wasn't given a proper chance last year, with a QB who can't hit the wall of a castle.

Bottom line is Devin wasn't given a proper chance last year, with a QB who can't hit the wall of a castle.

If it's a myth,it's not one created by Redskins fans. It's a league wide one that's been around for quite some time.

Route running is the WR's responsibility. Offensive PI can't be attributed to the QB. All the draft experts knew he was raw.

To think that Thomas was NFL-ready like Jackson or Royal is lunacy.

Route running is the WR's responsibility. Offensive PI can't be attributed to the QB. All the draft experts knew he was raw.

To think that Thomas was NFL-ready like Jackson or Royal is lunacy.

Great point, and that is why ALL rookies should be given one year to adjust, and the ones that succeed their rookie years are given elite rookie status while the others are just going through standard progression.

This year he is poised to break out. This can be seen by his attitude and the ACTUAL WORK HE'S DOING WITH JC AT THIS MOMENT.

So one example washes out countless other WRs who haven't done well their first couple of years?

Myth broken I guess.

:doh:

i know right? bunch of hypocrites in here, why are they on this message board when they should be working?

Cause it's Saturday and most people have off....jk, I laughed when I read this :D :D

I like that some of our players have blogs, I feel like it makes 'em seem more like real people than just athletes and shows they do care about their fans. I really don't think they do it for attention, but I guess I could be wrong. :whoknows:

So one example washes out countless other WRs who haven't done well their first couple of years?

Myth broken I guess.

Keep living the mediocrity myth. You must be a JC fan too.

The point is, if Devin was given the opportunity in games with a decent QB his rookie season would have been much better.

Why is it that we Skins fans wallow in this "3 years out" mentality when teams like Atlanta and Miami are on the rise with really testing their rooks with a lot of reps during the regular season?

~Irish

Seriously I was going to say the same exact thing. Showtime? Get real bro.

Jesus guys. It's not like he JUST gave himself this nickname when he was a rookie. He's probably had it for a very long time.

Haters shall hate I suppose.

That QB completed over 62% of his passes.

Devin had no clue on some of his routes. Zorn mentioned throughout the year that Devin was running routes at the wrong depths. Devin wasn't looked at as a reliable receiver because who knows where he was going to run his routes at times.

I think he'll be much, much better this year.

That QB completed over 62% of his passes.

Devin had no clue on some of his routes. Zorn mentioned throughout the year that Devin was running routes at the wrong depths. Devin wasn't looked at as a reliable receiver because who knows where he was going to run his routes at times.

I think he'll be much, much better this year.

That is exactly correct. The offense moves as a unit, if the receivers are not doing exactly what they are supposed to do, JC's timing will be off. If the O-line doesn't do exactly what they are supposed to do, JC's timing will be off. Once everyone on the offense moves together, things click.

Yeah 62% of check-downs. Give me a break..... seriously.

Devin was not given a real opportunity last year, and his QB is just plain junk.

Your smack is weaksauce. See above. And I had no idea "completions" and "checkdowns" were the same thing. Devin had many plays and routes that he just didn't deliver on mainly because he was a rookie and raw. Look for him to come out fighting, and NOT because of the QB, it will be because of Devin Thomas himself.

Devin was not given a real opportunity last year, and his QB is just plain junk.

Ahh.

Nothing like arguing with someone who spits out bias opinions without facts to back them up.

Facts? 6-2 then 2-6. JC blows chunks. We need a new O-line and a new QB.

JC's performance on the field absolutely reeks. Even when given ample opportunity by the Line he cant hit his target with any accuracy or consistency.

TRADE! That is if we can sucker someone to take him.

1. 6-2/2-6 has MANY MANY times been faulted to the O-line wearing down as well as key injuries and teams figuring out Zorn. I am too lazy to go find those articles, but many many team officials and players have said that.

2. When given ample opportunity, he completes 62 percent of his passes. That is more than what you are asserting. If you want to argue accuracy, then don't ignore the 62 percent fact.

3. What after we trade him? Colt? If you want Colt then leave this thread and go to one of the many CB threads. I would rather keep JC even if he isn't elite like many want him to be.

6-2 = a great D and Clinton Portis

2-6 = Portis hurt / banged up and having to rely on Campbell to win games (which isnt going to happen)

I agree we need O-Line help, but we also need to retool the QB position or we will be 8-8 or 7-9 again.

When do the excuses for Campbell stop? Denver didn't even want him. The league laughs while we work in apologetics.

FI, I see your point and disagree that Campbell was the reason of our demise, I think with his supporting cast last season many quarterbacks would have faltered (outside of the elite couple). My point is that the problem was with the lack of depth at WR and O-line, and when Portis went down, no one besides Campbell stepped up, and even JC didn't step up like he should have. Now we might not see it again this year, but it IS a contract year. You can't also ignore how well he was playing when we were 6-2 with an offense that worked as a unit. He was efficient and comfortable.

Edit: sorry to the OP for the divergence, but coming back to DT, I think JC will be way better because of the effort both of these guys are putting into getting in sync.

Bull****

If it was Jason's fault.......why the hell did Thomas fail to beat out ARE who was garbage or for that matter beat out James Thrash?

Yes, James freaking Thrash was considered a better option than Thomas for most of the year.

Thomas' pathetic rookie season had nothing to do with Jason Campbell but rather with Thomas' own issues grasping the offense.

3,245 yards worth of check-downs? Wow. I really wonder how much football most JC detractors actually watch and comprehend. It's easy to be critical when you don't use specific facts or logic as the basis of your argument.

^^^

Talk about working in generalities. Wow. So, how about you addressing the "actual" premise DeCartes.

That's because it was merely a ploy to grab your attention.

Yeah, it is known that Royal texted Brandon Stokely in May, with him saying that he wanted to connect with Stokley right away so he could learn everything about the Denver offense.

It's also known that Jay Cutler called him the best route runner on the team.

He won the #2 role. No injury flukes forcing him to start. Considering that ARE is the receiver ahead of Thomas, Thomas not beating ARE is very telling.

Archived