Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When is being a hardcore fan too hardcore?

SkinsKin26

Since we're Redskins fans, it's obvious we can never be too hardcore. Let's pretend we are actually human beings though with feelings, when in your life have you or do you see yourself thinking, did I just take things too far?

We all have those moments where we damage furniture, walls, relationships, but what was your thought process during and afterwards?

I thought of this idea earlier at work because I remember how I basically make my work schedule revolve around game time.

Another incident was when I was watching the game with a non-Skins fan friend. I have a designated game chair only I can sit in. We were watching the Dallas game and ordered food. Everything seemed solid as we were leading, and during commercials, I go down to pay for the food. When I come back up, my friend's in the chair, and I immediately lost it. After that, we imploded and lost the game, and I lost a lot of household objects.

My favorite moment was when I was watching the Skins-Vikings game in '07, when we were fighting for our playoff hopes. I was with a girl then, and of course, she didn't understand my passion. However, she tried to watch the game with me, and after the first quarter, she wanted to leave, but I told her wait for halftime. We continued fighting for half of the second quarter, and it got to the point where she walked out and walked home. I don't live in the best of neighborhoods, haha, but I didn't feel remorse due to the circumstances. I'm not with her anymore for the record. :)

*I did a search for keywords, and nothing came up related to this, so hopefully I avoid the dreaded banhammer.*

Other than the fact I have 9,000+ posts in this stupid place, people would say I'm a pretty 'sane fan.

But I do need to watch game by myself. My family really pisses me off with there smart*** kneejerk statements while the game is on. I've slapped my mother across the face before.

What's the definition of "hardcore?"

Other than the fact I have 9,000+ votes in this stupid place, people would say I'm a pretty 'sane fan.

But I do need to watch game by myself. My family really pisses me off with there smart*** kneejerk statements while the game is on. I've slapped my mother across the face before.

Posts=Votes?

I agree though I can't watch with a non-diehard Skins fan...everyone else just pisses me off.

But at the same time, I'd never hit my mom...shame on you.

Posts=Votes?

I agree though I can't watch with a non-diehard Skins fan...everyone else just pisses me off.

But at the same time, I'd never hit my mom...shame on you.

Yea votes=posts.

Hey, she shouldn't have gotten in my face.

The 05 playoff game versus Seattle i slapped a wall in my house with the flat of my hand, and it caved in, wife didnt like that too much but i fixed it and it looks good as new :) Other than that i dont really get too pissed anymore, its not worth it, i know we will fail so why get all worked up about it anymore heh

A lot has to do with what stage you are in life.

When younger, like the OP, the whole week revolves around Sunday. Even more so if your fortune enough to attend games in person. The game takes priority over other aspects of your life it probably really shouldn't, in reality, be that money spent going on games at the expense of things it probably should be spent on; relationships suffering et all. But that's the lot of being a fan of a sports team. There's very little sense to it to the lay man.

As you get older, and you get different responsibilities, and things change in your life, that lessen's.

I mean the passion's still there, but you get a whole new perspective that comes with age and experience. The way a defeat would ruin my whole week is certainly not the same. I'll be pissed on a Sunday, and then it's "meh", and you move on with everything else you have going on. People grow, people change. That's just life.

Football no longer becomes the be all and end all.

Hail.

I'm not too bad, I scream a lot, curse, sometimes throw some **** on the ground, cheer hard. I don't drink too much while watching the game though, so I don't get out of control. I'm pretty much just like my family when it comes to sports. My mom sometimes leaves the room she is watching the game in because she can't take the suspense and if we are over she asks for us to tell her only if the redskins win, lol.

Other than the fact I have 9,000+ posts in this stupid place, people would say I'm a pretty 'sane fan.

You hit your mother?

Don't joke about that.

I take myself being a "hardcore" fan a little too far sometimes.

I don't plan vacations, weekend trips or any other activity until the schedule comes out. Everything, and I do mean everything is planned around the football season, including my wedding.

When I was younger, I have done some things that I am now ashamed about like punching holes in the walls when the Redskins lost, got into a fight with a neighbor (who was a Eagles fan) over a game (Philly lost but he would not pay up the bet we had), stealing a Cowboys flag from a house and burned it on there front lawn and yelling so loud at the TV that my wife won't watch the games with me at home anymore (even to this day).

Now that I am older I have mellowed out a bit and don't get that bent out of shape if the Redskins lose.

This has nothing to do with being a fan. that's just a rick

Opening day of 1999.

I was living on the west coast at the time watching in my apartment.

Skins/Boys was the Fox game of the day.

A blown 4th qtr lead and Rocket Ismail.

I threw a half full can of beer at the wall with all of my might.

That was the last time I was truly violent over the Skins.

1988. I was 11 years old. We were defending SB champs favored over Cleveland. We blew the game late and I broke my prescription glasses in half.

Archived