Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When is being a hardcore fan too hardcore?

SkinsKin26

I used to get a lot more upset when I was younger. Watching the game where we blew the lead to Dallas in the 4th quarter in 1979 to lose 35-34 and get knocked out of the playoffs, or the opener against Dallas in 1983, coming off the Super Bowl win when we were up 23-3 at half but lost 31-30......those were pretty tough. Nowadays I don't get that upset anymore, although it can still be nerve-wracking for me to watch a big game in which the Skins are only ahead by a little late in the game. I have to mention that the chat feature on this site has really helped, as you can virtually share your feelings with fellow Skins fans while watching.

I think the last time I got seriously pissed was late in 2004. It was really a meaningless game, but when Vinny T threw that pass at the end to Crayton to beat us in Dallas, I spiked the remote on the ground and typed some expletive on this site.

You're lucky I'm not young and single ;)

i like it MTH! maybe next lifetime?? :o)

People deal with things differently and to a lot it is symbolism.

I have a little "21" next to my Redskins logo. Why? Because it symbolizes to me that people can change and busting your ass in whatever you do day to day can and will get you far in life.

exactly, i couldn't have worded it better. i love my redskin tattoo, as well as my tattoo for sean. it's motivation, and they are both perfect, and MISSU28 said.

as sean said, " you dont regret what you do in your life."

i will always be a serious fan, i have the blood in me from my grandfather. we have had season tickets in my family since griffith stadium. if the skins lost on sunday, i have heard many a story of no one speaking with him on monday...i am the same way....

Archived