Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Raji to visit Redskins

RWJ

Hopefully he does more marijuana so he drops to us. He and Fat Albert would be straight up nonsense in a good way. Just like how in 07 we had bigger needs but took Landry to pair him with ST(RIP) to create the ultimate duo. Raji and Albert would be like the Williams guys in Minny but better.

I don't see him being Fred Smooted though if it happened and he falls to us you have to take him.

The DT combo of Raji and Phat Albert would be sick. Heck you could move Albert to DE and have Montgomery at a DT spot.

Oh well enough fantasizing about a no way in hades scenario.

that is something to consider.

How would Haynesworth feel about spending the majority of his time at an end position?

Has Golston actually signed his tender? Maybe they withdraw the offer if he hasn't by then.

I doubt he'll be available at #13, but if he is, I hope we don't pick him. Griffin, Haynesworth, Montgomery and Golston are enough.

They're enough. But if Vinny thinks that Raji can be really dominant, especially next to Haynesworth, we could go from a pedestrian interior DL crew in 08, to an elite one in one year.

If Raji can be a clone of Haynesworth, than I want him. That alone will turn Carter and Wilson into amazing Pass Rushers. What kind of QB can throw a pass when he has pressure in his face? None. Not even Brady.

We need an OL, not a DL.

You're right. We have no needs on DL at all. Its not like RDE could use an upgrade or anything.

If Raji is the BPA, I'd love to have him here. I'd personally take Oher over him, but if the big 4 are gone, and he's there, I'd take him instantly.

DT is not a need at all, but BPA never hurt anybody.

No way on Earth he falls to thirteen and we would be wasting our time and money if we moved up to get him.

You're absolutely right. Its not like anything has happened unexpectedly in the draft before. This year is so predictable we may as well begin negotiation with whoever is projected to go to our pick.

Wasting time to move up to get him? Money? Raji will likely be a very good player in the NFL. He's got the tools and production out of college. It simply matters where he'll go. Put him on a team with an awful DL, and he'll struggle and probably fail. But him on a team with a vet DT and solid DEs, and he could be something special. Bring him to Washington, and he'll thrive.

he wont make it past denver, there's just no way. unless they trade up to pick up a qb

Rookie head coach thats offense minded, if a WR is there he cant pass on, he'll take him for that spread, throw it around the yard scheme. Hes ****y and thinks he can OUTSCORE everyone.

Our needs at DE and LB are much more pressing than DT- we already have Haynesworth, Griffin, Montgomery, and Golston. Why waste our #13 on Raji when we can fill a more urgent need?

Waste? You act as though Griffin, Montgomery, and Golston are good. I think they all proved their value this offseason (assuming their seasonal play wasn't a good enough sign).

Waste? You act as though Griffin, Montgomery, and Golston are good. I think they all proved their value this offseason (assuming their seasonal play wasn't a good enough sign).

I'd rather have Haynesworth and platoon of the three musketeers at DT than H.B. Blades at OLB, or the same decrepit O-line that allowed 38 sacks last season.

I'd rather have Haynesworth and platoon of the three musketeers at DT than H.B. Blades at OLB, or the same decrepit O-line that allowed 38 sacks last season.

I'd rather make sure the 100 million dollar investment pans out. Not to mention Raji would be an insane value at 13. I'd be more than okay with Blades at OLB with Raji and Haynesworth up the middle. I also don't buy into the belief that the o-line was responsible for all that ailed the Skins. Not to mention Dockery was a nice addition upgrade. You can't say the line has been ignored.

restricted free agents are not widely sought after.

I'm kinda split here. Yes we need to upgrade the OL no question. But you draft football players. IMO you should draft the best available player not the need, because in many case you over value the need and pay more for a subpar player.

If, and I think it is highly unlikely that Raji will be there, but if he is and the 3 OTs sans AS are gone, take Raji. He won't be there, but if he is, take him.

I'd rather make sure the 100 million dollar investment pans out. Not to mention Raji would be an insane value at 13. I'd be more than okay with Blades at OLB with Raji and Haynesworth up the middle. I also don't buy into the belief that the o-line was responsible for all that ailed the Skins. Not to mention Dockery was a nice addition upgrade. You can't say the line has been ignored.

Well, there's probably no point in arguing because Raji will probably be off the board, but I think a potentially franchise-caliber tackle in Andre Smith (think Samuels nine years ago) or an LB would better address our current needs.

IMO you should draft the best available player not the need, because in many case you over value the need and pay more for a subpar player.

Our greatest need is OL, but Raji would nicely fill another need. He would not be replacing anybody expensive, he would likely play much better than anybody he replaced, and he would maximize opportunities with AH, our DEs and any blitzer. And he would capitalize on his own opportunities. IDT we have a guy who can do that now. I would probably trade down if all the top OL are gone, and Raji being available should produce some deals. But if we couldn't find value in a tradedown, I could live with this pick.

It shouldn't be about greatest need or best player available. It's about who can contribute the most, immediately and in the future. Now obviously, someone who can contribute now is more valuable than someone who can contribute next year due to simple valuation of Present Value being greater than Future Value.

Anyway, BJ Raji would be a great pick if he fell that far. He could possibly be pushing for starting time versus Cornelius Griffin who is getting old. Also keep in mind that Golston and Montgomery are playing on one-year contracts.

i highly doubt he'll still be available at 13, but he might be a nice choice if he is

Wellm, although the steroid rumors proved to be false, just the notion in the back of many GM's minds mind unconsciously make them pass him up. I doubt that happens. I'd rather have Orakpo anyway. Not that he'll be there.:mad:

Archived