Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Deadliest Warrior

ACW

Agreed, stupid matchup.

A heavily armored knight who fights on a war-horse vs a pirate with firearms who fights in close quarters on a boat. They're comparing a halberd to a friggin grenade. The blunderbuss was awesome though, I love those things.

There's also no way in hell a cutlass is equal with a broad sword either. I didn't understand that test at all. Why was the pig coming at them so they could do a Babe Ruth power swing? If they were in a ship cabin, then yea a broadsword is pretty much useless. But a cutlass would do absolutely nothing against a knight in armor. A broadsword on the other hand is heavy and powerful enough to smash bones underneath.

How could they not do Pirate vs Ninja?

Agreed, stupid matchup.

A heavily armored knight who fights on a war-horse vs a pirate with firearms who fights in close quarters on a boat. They're comparing a halberd to a friggin grenade. The blunderbuss was awesome though, I love those things.

There's also no way in hell a cutlass is equal with a broad sword either. I didn't understand that test at all. Why was the pig coming at them so they could do a Babe Ruth power swing? If they were in a ship cabin, then yea a broadsword is pretty much useless. But a cutlass would do absolutely nothing against a knight in armor. A broadsword on the other hand is heavy and powerful enough to smash bones underneath.

How could they not do Pirate vs Ninja?

I think they were trying to simulate how a pirate would swing onto a ship or something, not totally sure.

Tonight could be a really lame episode. What are they going to do, concrete shoes vs. however Japanese mobsters dispose of people?

i agree. not really sure what different types of weapons they used. they just used different types of guns, but i don't know a gun that couldn't kill somebody

I fell asleep before the battle :doh:. From what I saw it wasn't bad though. I wonder what the matchups will be for the 2nd round. Isn't next week's episode the last of the 1st round? I would think the mafia or green berets would win since they have more technologically advanced weapons than anyone else.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived