EPISODE 23: George Washington over Napoleon Bonaparte usa.gif

EPISODE 24: Joan of Arc over William the Conqueror

EPISODE 25: US Army Rangers over North Korea SpecOps usa.gif

EPISODE 26: Genghis Khan over Hannibal

EPISODE 27: Saddam Hussein over Pol Pot

EPISODE 28: Teddy Roosevelt over Lawrence of Arabia

EPISODE 29: Hernan Cortes over Ivan the Terrible

EPISODE 30: Pancho Villa over Crazy Horse

Those gloves tripled Ice Man's impact on punches.

Think about that.

The speed of which ALREADY nearly 1.5 times that of an Olympian :yikes:

That scissor thing was badass too.

I found a new show I love :)

Odd matchup for the first show. The outcome would be determined by the fight environment more than anything else. Outdoors or in wide open spaces there is no question the guy with a bow and arrow + throwing weapons would have a fairly easy time. Indoors however depending on the size of the space, the armored contender with heavier weapons would have a clear advantage.

they put a SLING against a bow and arrow?

might as well put a spitball against an AR-15!!!

no way the tommahawk is more powerful then that scissor weapon. that thing cut that slab in HALF!!

really cool show though...but the Apaches were way too over the top and trying to be tuff.

they put a SLING against a bow and arrow?

might as well put a spitball against an AR-15!!!

no way the tommahawk is more powerful then that scissor weapon. that thing cut that slab in HALF!!

really cool show though...but the Apaches were way too over the top and trying to be tuff.

yeah those apache guys they on the show were getting on my nerves. i loved the look on the one guys face when he was using the war club on the gladiator helmet and the club broke, he looked pissed haha. it wasn't a bad first show, i thought the gladiator should've won though

yeah those apache guys they on the show were getting on my nerves. i loved the look on the one guys face when he was using the war club on the gladiator helmet and the club broke, he looked pissed haha. it wasn't a bad first show, i thought the gladiator should've won though

"the helmet broke your weapon" hahahaha...he was pissed.

the bow and arrow won but he got like 15 shots with it and there was only one sling shot and it was a kill...

"the helmet broke your weapon" hahahaha...he was pissed.

the bow and arrow won but he got like 15 shots with it and there was only one sling shot and it was a kill...

yeah the bow and arrow part was kinda lame. of course you could kill someone if they just sat there and let you shoot 15 arrows into their chest lol. the shot with the sling was crazy. it went all the way into the skull and broke the jaw! i was impressed!

yeah the bow and arrow part was kinda lame. of course you could kill someone if they just sat there and let you shoot 15 arrows into their chest lol. the shot with the sling was crazy. it went all the way into the skull and broke the jaw! i was impressed!

It's important to note that the sling "kill shot" was launched by an air gun at a 90 degree angle to the target. The odds of landing a shot like that on a moving target isn't very good. An inch left or right and the power of the hit is greatly diminished when instead of ripping into the target, it bounces off.

A skilled longbow is deadly accurate, even on moving targets, and one hit to the head or torso is pretty much a show stopper. Never mind the fact that an arrow to the leg renders reduces your speed making the next arrow easier to place. The reason they launched so many arrows on the show was to show how many projectiles they can launch down range in a short amount of time (much like they did with the throwing knives). At long range they can pepper a target. At medium range they can hurl axes. At medium to close range they can hurl knives. All with great accuracy.

The fight wouldn't have been close outdoors.

It was a bad match up. It's like a rifle versus a shotgun... at 200 yards.

the fight outdoors might not have been close but why was it on the plains? gladiators never walked the earth looking for fights..they fought in an arena.

thats like putting chuck liddell on a battlefield in Iraq and wondering why his fists couldnt stop an AK-47.

and the sling may have been inaccurate but I would swear those arrows were arching when he shot them. plus they were 26MPH slower AND he got 2 kill shots out of 12.

no way the tommahawk is better then the scissor. no way in hell.

no way the tommahawk is better then the scissor. no way in hell.

At 15 yards it is. Not to mention the fact that no one would be setting any track and field records trying to run with that thing on their arm.

Outdoor a modile opponent that can attack at distance is going to make quick work of a slow lumbering adversary with no way of closing the gap. Had the Galdiator worn some body armor he'd have a chance but with so many exposed areas... pin cushion.

At 15 yards it is. Not to mention the fact that no one would be setting any track and field records trying to run with that thing on their arm.

Outdoor a modile opponent that can attack at distance is going to make quick work of a slow lumbering adversary with no way of closing the gap. Had the Galdiator worn some body armor he'd have a chance but with so many exposed areas... pin cushion.

I knew the Gladiator was going to lose as soon as I saw him come out with nothing covering his chest and stomach. If you put that Apache in a coliseum he wouldn't have stood a chance. That fight was all about where it took place.

I knew the Gladiator was going to lose as soon as I saw him come out with nothing covering his chest and stomach. If you put that Apache in a coliseum he wouldn't have stood a chance. That fight was all about where it took place.

exactly. they made it all about catering to the apache and crippling the gladiator.

why would you put a sling against something like a bow and arrow?

why would you let them use a weapon they can thro against a scissor?

and why is the fight outdoors and not in an enclosed area?

I loved how the Apache dudes were all talking **** like they were bad ass. "Apaches will never stop, we are warrirors". Really dude? Seems like you lost to me and no tommahawk saved you from going to a rez.

exactly. they made it all about catering to the apache and crippling the gladiator.

why would you put a sling against something like a bow and arrow?

why would you let them use a weapon they can thro against a scissor?

and why is the fight outdoors and not in an enclosed area?

I loved how the Apache dudes were all talking **** like they were bad ass. "Apaches will never stop, we are warrirors". Really dude? Seems like you lost to me and no tommahawk saved you from going to a rez.

I wanna know why the Gladiator didn't use his shield more? There is nothing the Apache could've used that would've gotten through or past the big shield he was carrying. I don't think a few arrows, a tomahawk, or anything else would've gotten by the shield. The Apache was using some little piece of crap shield that is no bigger than my mouse pad lol. The Gladiator should've won.

Those Apache guys were driving me insane. They better not be on there again!

Remember, the live action fight is only a "synopsis" of what the computer program does.

I am pretty sure the computer program puts them together in battle hundreds of times and whoever wins the most is declared the winner.

Because in the "live action" fight the Gladiator won easily, he just never went in for the killshot because he was acting ****y.

However I am pretty sure the computer program tests them in a bunch of different scenarios and declares one the overall victor.

edit: The Apaches were badass! Kind of corny, but the Gladiator dudes were pretty ****y too. I think the show would be better if the participants werent talking ****, its not like they actually ever fight.

At the same time, seeing the apache dude with those knives was crazy.

What did you guys think of last night's battle? It seems like they favor quickness and smarts over brute strength so far. I was for sure the Viking was going to win, but it didn't even look like he got a hit it on the Samurai. I want the Spartan to win next week

Archived