Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Help me get rid of spyware

OrangeSkin

Mine is fixed now, thanks to that. Just had to download the newest version.

Don't click on anything about spyware 2009! That's a bad bug.

That is a popup that I got with some regularity. I have to wonder who is actually dumb enough to click that. Old people?

For those who can't run malwarebytes, if you have it installed, go to program files and change its name from an .exe to a .bat. Malwarebytes then was able to run. I had a bugger that prevented any anti-spyware from executing.

Doesn't have to be .bat really, just change the name to anything. Mwbytes2.exe or something works. Orange, PM me if you're still having issues.

reformat that son *****...its the only way to be sure

+1

and you would speed up the system quite a bit. would probably be faster then the day you got it.

if you do this just make sure you can find the drivers for your lan, graphics and sound.

The EXACT virus is on my computer right now... I'm running trendmicro's housecall right now...

if that doesn't work, do the malwarebytes, i couldn't be more impressed with how quickly it worked, and it's been 3 days since, and nothing. I was to the point where i finally had a chance to build my own system, cause i never thought i would get rid of this thing.

if that doesn't work, do the malwarebytes, i couldn't be more impressed with how quickly it worked, and it's been 3 days since, and nothing. I was to the point where i finally had a chance to build my own system, cause i never thought i would get rid of this thing.

Yea, Malwarebytes is easily the best free spyware program available. Combine that with CCleaner for removing extra crap from your computer and you're golden.

Yea, Malwarebytes is easily the best free spyware program available. Combine that with CCleaner for removing extra crap from your computer and you're golden.

AVG Antivirus/spyware is better.

But of pay/free, I think Webroot Spy Sweeper takes first place (despite the fact that it's a resource hog).

is an effed up way to live. Let me hear you sayin that when you've got a dissertation defense but you left your display converter at home. :doh: :cry: :doh:

Leaving equipment or connectors at home does not make it an inferior OS.

• 1 month later...

Archived