Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Capitals - Playoff Hockey - Next Season Guys! Congrats!

Springfield

];6413479']Really? I was working that game' date=' so thanks for correcting me.

Well that settles it. Good thing we didn't discuss this fact in detail.

While it clearly is fruitless, I'll take a hot-cold player who can score, makes hits, and doesn't cry the entire game. And by score, I mean not stand in front of the goalie and wait for a rebound, or one of my better team mates to pass me the puck.[/quote']

Dude, you sound like you just started watching hockey this year..

Ovechkin complains to the refs also. All captains/alternates talk to the officials, it's what they are supposed to do. Crosby came into the league as a little punk with a bad rep but he has been the driving force behind the Pens,not Malkin. Regardless of whether or not you hate his attitude, he is the best player on that team. Who'd rather take a choke artist over a clutch performer? You don't fault people for playing hockey like you're supposed to by setting up shop in front and waiting for the puck to get there. That's how you win in the playoffs. He's played a great series. You may hate him, I know I do, but he's a great player and has outstanding vision and play-making ability; and the idea that he can't score is as dumb as saying OV can't pass.

Dude, you sound like you just started watching hockey this year..

Ovechkin complains to the refs also. All captains/alternates talk to the officials, it's what they are supposed to do. Crosby came into the league as a little punk with a bad rep but he has been the driving force behind the Pens,not Malkin. Regardless of whether or not you hate his attitude, he is the best player on that team. Who'd rather take a choke artist over a clutch performer? You don't fault people for playing hockey like you're supposed to by setting up shop in front and waiting for the puck to get there. That's how you win in the playoffs. He's played a great series. You may hate him, I know I do, but he's a great player and has outstanding vision and play-making ability; and the idea that he can't score is as dumb as saying OV can't pass.

Call Captains are supposed to urge the refs to reconsider, obviously.

But only one of them was voted, amonst his peers, as THE whiniest player in the NHL.

Crosby takes it to a whole new level. If people can claim that Ovechkin's eccentric celebrations are unethical, than what can you say about a player who complains so much to the refs that he's known around the league as the biggest crybaby in the league.

And I'm assuming you missed parts of my post, because than you'd know that I specified what kind of scoring Crosby doesn't do. He rarely scores goals that require him to do the work, and generally scores when someone on his team has taken a shot, or made a pass to him as he sneaks in.

];6413554']Call Captains are supposed to urge the refs to reconsider' date=' obviously.

But only one of them was voted, amonst his peers, as THE whiniest player in the NHL.

Crosby takes it to a whole new level. If people can claim that Ovechkin's eccentric celebrations are unethical, than what can you say about a player who complains so much to the refs that he's known around the league as the biggest crybaby in the league.

And I'm assuming you missed parts of my post, because than you'd know that I specified what kind of scoring Crosby doesn't do. He rarely scores goals that require him to do the work, and generally scores when someone on his team has taken a shot, or made a pass to him as he sneaks in.[/quote']

:doh::doh:

The hardest play in the NHL is right in front of the net scrummaging for loose pucks. Did you see the first goal of the series, he ripped a nasty wrister past Varly. He can score like everyone else in the NHL. I am not wasting more time defending a player I cannot stand but you don't know what you're talking about. A goal is a goal. If OV's goals were like that you'd say he was doing a great job in front of the net. Nothing wrong with collecting rebounds that's how you win in the playoffs. If we could do it, we'd have this series over by now.

For those of you in the DC area, I was winding down my day after that tense game by lying on my bed watching NBC 4 and they showed a preview of a one on one interview with Alex Ovechkin. Czarniak will be doing that interview, and they were playing Wii Sports. Should see it.

Just saw an awesome shirt on Craigslist -

red shirt with a shadow form of a goalie in net with lettering above the pic that reads :

"From Russian With Glove"

That saying's been used for every Russian goalie that comes into the league. That's why I prefer the more original Czarlamov.

Is there a "fate" involved here? Why should the Caps have won this game. Is there something from the hockey gods that has given a game seven to the caps? Outplayed big time... refs on their side...

What happened?

The Caps looked like they were going down from the first face off. Something from above has intervened.

:doh::doh:

The hardest play in the NHL is right in front of the net scrummaging for loose pucks. Did you see the first goal of the series, he ripped a nasty wrister past Varly. He can score like everyone else in the NHL. I am not wasting more time defending a player I cannot stand but you don't know what you're talking about. A goal is a goal. If OV's goals were like that you'd say he was doing a great job in front of the net. Nothing wrong with collecting rebounds that's how you win in the playoffs. If we could do it, we'd have this series over by now.

Crosby is a fantastic player. No doubt, but he just can't resist the urge to cash in on his celebrity. He could be truly great if he'd just STFU and play the game. Malkin does this perfectly. Malkin is a player I'd give any other Caps player including Varlamov to get. How they got him in Penn, I just can't belive.

Pittsburgh is the better team, but the Caps have spirit. They are getting ****e from Green and Semin who have disappeared in this series. If the Caps win it is Devine intervention. Ovechkin will have to play the game of his career to win this.

Pittsburgh is the better team, but the Caps have spirit. They are getting ****e from Green and Semin who have disappeared in this series. If the Caps win it is Devine intervention. Ovechkin will have to play the game of his career to win this.

I don't agree Pittsburgh is a better team, they have played better in this series. We have played horrible.

I call a Caps win in game 7.

Varly played his best game tonight.

I think Green comes through in the final.

Archived