Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fanhouse: Redskins Reportedly Trying to Land Jay Cutler from Denver Wednesday Night

mdboost

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/04/01/redskins-reportedly-trying-to-land-jay-cutler-from-denver-wednes/#cont

The Jay Cutler saga is becoming increasingly painful to deal with, simply because it's even managing to overtake the NFL draft in terms of overexposed coverage.

But Redskins Insider is reporting that we might not have to wait long for a conclusion. That's because the Redskins are reportedly trying to make a deal happen for Cutler tonight.

One source said the Redskins are trying to complete the deal as quickly as possible although at least two other teams, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and New York Jets, are also reportedly interested in acquiring Cutler.

[...]The source said Redskins owner Daniel M. Snyder has been pushing for the trade in an attempt to finally solve the team's decades-long pursuit of a franchise quarterback.

Again, this ties back directly with what I wrote earlier -- it doesn't matter if giving up a first rounder and Jason Campbell is technically too much for Cutler and if it will damage the Redskins in the short term ... if Dan Snyder is convinced that Cutler can be Brett Favre, but for Washington, he is going to pay whatever he needs to pay in order to pry the quarterback from the very loose grip of the Broncos.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/04/01/redskins-reportedly-trying-to-land-jay-cutler-from-denver-wednes/#cont

The Jay Cutler saga is becoming increasingly painful to deal with, simply because it's even managing to overtake the NFL draft in terms of overexposed coverage.

But Redskins Insider is reporting that we might not have to wait long for a conclusion. That's because the Redskins are reportedly trying to make a deal happen for Cutler tonight.

One source said the Redskins are trying to complete the deal as quickly as possible although at least two other teams, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and New York Jets, are also reportedly interested in acquiring Cutler.

[...]The source said Redskins owner Daniel M. Snyder has been pushing for the trade in an attempt to finally solve the team's decades-long pursuit of a franchise quarterback.

Again, this ties back directly with what I wrote earlier -- it doesn't matter if giving up a first rounder and Jason Campbell is technically too much for Cutler and if it will damage the Redskins in the short term ... if Dan Snyder is convinced that Cutler can be Brett Favre, but for Washington, he is going to pay whatever he needs to pay in order to pry the quarterback from the very loose grip of the Broncos.

I hope I wake up to the news that Cutler's been traded to the Bucs or Jets, but it's totally conceivable that he could be a Skin by this time tomorrow.

I'm just waiting for this deal to get done so I can see what we give up.. All of us know this deal is gonna happen. Just depends on who we trade away. I would trade Campbell and our 13th pick for Jay Cutler and a 2nd. Knowing Dan and Vinny they will throw in an extra 2nd rounder from next year.

Archived