Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chinese Develop Special "Kill Weapon" to Destroy U.S. Aircraft Carriers

Chump Bailey

Are You Upset  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Are You Upset

• Was Circumcised; Fine With It
    • Was Circumcised; Not Fine With It (Wish I Wasn't)
    • Not Circumcised; Fine With It
    • Not Circumcised; Not Fine With It (Wish I Was)
    • Other/Don't Care

Is anyone actually surprised that the Chinese would be developing military strategies for fighting us? Why is anyone offended by that?

We certainly have been developing military strategies for fighting THEM for decades. Do you think they should be offended?

:whoknows:

Which is designed for shooting down cruise missiles (subsonic) and fighters (low supersonic).

So it's certainly not guaranteed to be effective against a Mach 10 inbound.

(Besides, I always thought R2-D2 was cooler.) :)

Eh true. Though we could always take out their satellites. We created that technology during the 60s. Or we could just adjust the orbit of a satellite to crash into theirs.

Well, we have 24 aircraft carriers. The UK has 4, France has 2, and no one else has more than one (and all of them suck compared to ours).

China has none, by the way.

and your point to me is....?

He said NOBODY else has aircraft carriers.

I laughed and said it was silly.

Did you mean to quote Larry and just hit reply to me instead?

and China has ONE.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_aircraft_carrier_Varyag

I'll never forget seeing the live-fire exercise with the R2D2. That thing is just nasty.

Later, I got to take a look at the ammo. I have no idea what caliber it was but it looked like a miniature tank shell :yikes:

At the time (mid 1980s) I was told the ammo cost $30/round. So you figure a short burst from that thing costs thousands of dollars. I'm sure the ammo is probably twice as much nowadays

Ive seen sea whizz or "R2D2's completely miss and miss so many times that the drone helicopters would run out of fuel and fall in to the water...used to make a lump in my throat.

doublestroke..as soon as I saw you laughing I had to join in. Nobody can hang with our Navy but Ive seen other carriers personally..

and China has ONE.

It's not silly. Larry's point was valid. Nobody else but the USA has the ability to project power anywhere in the world using carrier groups. Nobody else is going to be able to say "boo" if China decides it wants to reclaim Taiwan.

Of course the missile is for dealing with American ships.

It's not silly. Larry's point was valid. Nobody else but the USA has the ability to project power anywhere in the world using carrier groups. Nobody else is going to be able to say "boo" if China decides it wants to reclaim Taiwan.

Of course the missile is for dealing with American ships.

you got all of that out of "nobody else has carriers"?

man, you must make a ton of money reading minds...

Ive seen sea whizz or "R2D2's completely miss and miss so many times that the drone helicopters would run out of fuel and fall in to the water...used to make a lump in my throat.

IIRC it was even part of Clancy's Red Storm Rising... the R2D2 getting confused with multiple targets and missing

and China has ONE.

Wow. You're right.

I considered saying "Nobody else has carriers that anybody's scared of." But that didn't sound as lighthearted.

I think its safe to say that outside of special forces nobody even comes close to us military wise period.

And even then, special forces from around the world are notoriously over-rated. Especially the Israelis.

Read Vengeance a while back... who trains Israeli agents and special forces? You guessed it, Americans. :doh: Oh, and without our aid and military hardware they're little more than a third world army.

However, British SAS- they're probably the only force in the world that rivals Navy SEALS

you got all of that out of "nobody else has carriers"?

man, you must make a ton of money reading minds...

I thought it was kind of obvious, actually. :whoknows:

The guy Larry was responding to seemed surprised that the Chinese weren't planning to deal with the Spanish Armada as well as the US Navy.

Wow. You're right.

I considered saying "Nobody else has carriers that anybody's scared of." But that didn't sound as lighthearted.

aahh...the ol backtrack "thats not what I meant".

its cool man, im not going to drive it home. i laughed and thats what was important. :cheers:

Archived