Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Here Are Some Pictures I took (Share your pics here if you want) MET

KNGwithOUTaCrwN

• 1 month later...

Nope. They sure don't. I like that first one,(hope you have that gun collection ready to go ;) ),and the first pic of the building. I've taken a few portrait shots,and the ones I felt turned out best were the ones where the subject wasn't "posing." Building is pretty cool I think.

Nope. They sure don't. I like that first one,(hope you have that gun collection ready to go ;) )

I have a 12 gauge Mossberg, and I can hit 9/10 clay pigeons with a modified choke. I like my chances.:D

and the first pic of the building...Building is pretty cool I think.

Yeah that building really caught my eye, I couldn't take my eyes off it the week I was up in Covington, and the weather couldn't have been better when I took the pics because that blue just highlights the blue tinted windows I love the way they go together and I especially like the lines it draws. It really looks different from every angle.

I've taken a few portrait shots,and the ones I felt turned out best were the ones where the subject wasn't "posing."

I agree, for those two shots she was about 20 feet away waiting to go up for her turn in a local pageant, she had no clue I was snapping away, I just hated that the stupid styrofoam cup was in the way.....:mad:

I have a 12 gauge Mossberg, and I can hit 9/10 clay pigeons with a modified choke. I like my chances.:D

Yeah that building really caught my eye, I couldn't take my eyes off it the week I was up in Covington, and the weather couldn't have been better when I took the pics because that blue just highlights the blue tinted windows I love the way they go together and I especially like the lines it draws. It really looks different from every angle.

I agree, for those two shots she was about 20 feet away waiting to go up for her turn in a local pageant, she had no clue I was snapping away, I just hated that the stupid styrofoam cup was in the way.....:mad:

"C'mere son. Let me show you this shotgun I've had around for awhile. Still use it every now and then too. Ahem." ;)

Those are some great shots of that building. And I know that one about something getting in the way. Right when you think you have the shot you want,something like that shows up. Still a great pic. Next one is awesome as well though.

Speaking of things getting in the way. I spot this spot while driving the Alpine Loop. Barely get my truck in to this wide spot on the road,(between to sharp and blind turns),take the camera and tripod out. Walk and hop my way around this stream that's just moving with late spring run off. Finally make my way to the spot that I just know is going to be the perfect shot. Rain just stopped,clouds are parting a little,the light is perfect for the shot,(I'm soaked from the knees down by now btw). Take a few shots and diggin' it. Get home,load it up and

IslandinAlpine.jpg

Love that sign. :mad:

Those are some great shots of that building. And I know that one about something getting in the way. Right when you think you have the shot you want,something like that shows up. Still a great pic. Next one is awesome as well though.

Thanks for the props, I'm really noticing the difference in my photography now that I got my new camera. I'm still working a super-zoom but its top of the line, I'm not ready to make the $$$ commitment for a digital SLR. Here's my Canon SX10is.

Love that sign. :mad:

I'm not always a fan of touching things up, but on occasion I've felt that there was something that was just really bugging me so I did a touch up, I've even gone as far to place a smiling face on a pic where one wasn't smiling same shot set up though.

I hope you don't mind, I did a little quick work on your photo. BTW, I love that shot the water looks perfect.

retouch.jpg

Non smile

1alley1.jpg

Smile but arm

1alley15.jpg

Combined, you can see a bit on the red balloon, but I seriously lucked out that she didn't move.

1alley2.jpg

:rubeyes: Whoa. Nicely done. Wouldn't have known if you hadn't told me.

Thanks. Yeah. That one was the one that got me thinking about doing just that. I really enjoy the challenge of trying to,(and succeeding at times),hiding things like that in pics. It's a bit of a purist/artist type thing for me,(I drew for many years before picking up the camera full time). Maybe I'll get in to the "What if that wasn't there" business as well. (Ponder).

I'm very familiar with the Canon XS10 and its "bigger brother" the XS1. I was ready to get one as a point and click back up at one point in time. Great little camera. I know o a photographer,(pro I believe), that took the smaller filters and taped them to the lens of the thing to get some shots. That's a great little camera (XS10).

:rubeyes: Whoa. Nicely done. Wouldn't have known if you hadn't told me.

Thanks, the girl and her family are members of my church and when I did the edit I specifically asked my wife what she though about me touching it like that. Her answer was simple, "Get over yourself and use the edit." I had to laugh not only because my wife is a straight shooter but because she couldn't tell and I was keeping faith with the intent of the edit, so the edit was on the big screen during announcements on Sunday.

Thanks. Yeah. That one was the one that got me thinking about doing just that. I really enjoy the challenge of trying to,(and succeeding at times),hiding things like that in pics. It's a bit of a purist/artist type thing for me,(I drew for many years before picking up the camera full time). Maybe I'll get in to the "What if that wasn't there" business as well. (Ponder).

Trust me I'm a purist as well, usually if I get a "flaw" in a photo I leave it or find a way to crop it out, its only when I know I can get rid of the flaw in a way that honors the pic and doesn't draw attention to itself that I go ahead. 95% of the time though I leave it alone and chalk it up to "the one that got away."

I'm very familiar with the Canon XS10 and its "bigger brother" the XS1. I was ready to get one as a point and click back up at one point in time. Great little camera. I know o a photographer,(pro I believe), that took the smaller filters and taped them to the lens of the thing to get some shots. That's a great little camera (XS10).

I love this camera, and I got it for graduation this last spring. Someone gave me a $200 point and shoot, and I asked them if I could upgrade it to the XS10 that I had my eye on. They had no problem at all with the upgrade and I have never been so happy with the performance of a camera. It makes quality photography attainable for an amateur for which I'm grateful. What's your weapon of choice?

Like I said,great little camera. I like the IS of the Canons. And don't let anyone tell you otherwise,the prints for those can be made to a pretty nice size.

My weapon of preferred choice would be....well...expensive. ;) I use a Canon Rebel XT. Got it a couple of years ago. Great little starter DSLR. I went big on the lenses though. After starting out with the kit lens,(very simple 18-55mm),and a very simple Sigma 70-300,I went to the Lseries for a 70-200mm IS and a nice,medium of the road EF-S 17-85mm IS. It's the lenses where the money is spent. I hope to be able to upgrade in the future,though I'll be cautious there,(I recommend that to anyone looking to go DSLR). The digital camera industry is a lot like the PC world in the 90's and earlier this decade. Soon as a new model comes out,it's antiquated. ;)

Oh. I use Iphoto,elements 6,and photomaix for the digital darkroom stuff. Between using all three with the same image,I've been able to rescue and improve on pics I took in the jpeg form.

Archived