Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins to workout USC's Mark Sanchez

RWJ

I'm a HUGE USC homer, so if I'm saying that mark will not be ready day 1 to play, it should mean something. ;)

Sanchez's arm strength isn't as great as people who didn't watch him at USC think it is. To me, he is going to be the perfect, warm weather, WCO QB. Would that be a fit for the games he'd play at Philly and NY? I'm not sure.

Funny thing is based on your history of evaluating USC guys, Dirty will turn out to be an all pro as a rookie. ;)

I cant see us, with all the aging positions we have, and the lack of depth we have, being able to justify having a 4year vet, 1 year vet, and rookie as our 3 qb's.... If it happens we will become the Detroit of QB's... But with QB's it's such a crap shoot as to where they get drafted... If they make it out of the top 10, it's a very good chance they could slip down to the playoff teams where they're just drafting the BPA's... Like what happened with Aaron Rodgers a few years ago...

I still think there's much more to this than just due dilligence. I'm not sure we're definitely planning to draft Sanchez, but this whole Cutler ordeal has me believing we're strongly looking into the QB position.

Cutler is Plan A. For sure.

Plan B very well may be Sanchez/Stafford (with Rotoworld reporting that the Lions are looking at Sanchez with the first pick of the draft).

Plan C seems to be Campbell/Brennan.

If that's what they're doing, I don't necessarily agree with it. I'm also not an insider so I have no way of knowing for sure. Just my humble hunch.

Plan B very well may be Sanchez/Stafford (with Rotoworld reporting that the Lions are looking at Sanchez with the first pick of the draft).

Not relevant to your point but...KFFL reports today that Detroit is negotiating with Jason Smith

It's just due diligence. Vinny will likely screw the pick up, but not with a QB.

That's the one good thing about having such an inept FO. No one really knows what they'll do. Most teams make moves that make sense for them. Vinny is liable to draft Blake Griffin.

No truer words have ever been spoken. I dont even want to pay attention to who we MIGHT draft, because I will just be dumbfounded and pissed at who we DID draft in the end. :doh:

I think Sanchez will be a good QB if he falls to a stable organization. If we didn't have Campbell, I would love to grab him at 13. But we do have Campbell, and we need to see it through with him.

But if we did draft Sanchez, maybe my girlfriend would actually be interested in watching the games.

If Cutler stays, I wonder what would happen if Denver drafts Sanchez... :evilg: Even if available I say they go LB.

I say Sanchez drops lower to the mid first round. The Jets might be interested in trading up for him though. We might still be able to land one of those tackles at 17.

Seattle brought more pressure than the other teams we faced. Kerney man handled Heyer more than anyone else had in those four games.

Jason responds terribly to pressure, but so did Collins.

Yea Collins blew the game at the end, but he also threw 2 TDs to put us back in it. Jason hardly throws 2 TDs at his best.
I'm not really sure why I wrote all that. The haters will continue hating on some random player(Portis, Campbell) and the real problem will continued to be ignored(Hopefully not by the front office:D).
Find me one person who doesn't think we need younger talent on the line and an answer at RT. Find me one person who hasn't begged for this for years.

The only reason we're working him out is, in case Sanchez is there at #13 and we still own that pick, to convince the Jets, Bears, Bucs and Lions that we have some sort of interest in Sanchez, because behind us are the Saints, Texans and Chargers, all unlikely to take a QB. And given all the speculation and rumours about being interested in Cutler and not completely satisfied in Campbell, they might just believe it. This would give us great leverage to rip some additional picks out of one of these teams and not trade down too far.

That said, wouldnt it be great for a change if our front office is exploiting all that Cutler talk to make an even better case that we are looking for a QB?

Archived