Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anybody ever done the "Master Cleanse?"

Diggs

Eat a lot of fiber. You can get certain products like fiber bars at the grocery store. When making spaghetti, use the wheat noodles. Switch to wheat bread instead of white. Don't eat cereals like Captain Crunch. Eat cereals high in fiber, like Fiber One and Kashi brands. Trust me, if you do, you will blow up your bathroom.

If you don't know, it's where you stop eating all solid foods for 7-10 days, and only consume a "lemonade drink" which consists of water, fresh organic lemon juice, organic grade b maple syrup, and cayenne pepper. You also take a daily herbal laxative and perhaps a salt water bath/flush as well. Obviously, there is more to it (i.e., how to prepare, how to come off, etc.) but that is the gist of the cleanse. The idea of the detox is to shut down your digestive system and allow your body to flush out all toxins, poisons, and other garbage that has been blocked up by all the unhealthy eating, drinking, and other addictions you may have had.

Here's a radical idea ... have a more balanced diet of healthy foods with less ****, so such extreme measures aren't worth considering. :)

When did he say he doesnt already do that? :whoknows:

He commented about "toxins, poisons and other garbage" in his system. Unless you have an awful diet, your body will take care of itself without the need to consume Drano for humans.

Good idea is a far cry from might kill you.

I read a little more and saw that it provides liquid nutrients. Not a way to live you whole life but not bad for you for a week.

The point of that comment was that starvation, which is what this is, at it's worst can lead to death, and that necklasses don't.

YOu know what, **** it. I don't care. Starve yourselves, not my body.

I'll just leave you with the wikipedia page of the guy that invented the Master Cleanse.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Burroughs

Enjoy.

He commented about "toxins, poisons and other garbage" in his system. Unless you have an awful diet, your body will take care of itself without the need to consume Drano for humans.

Lemony water = drano for humans? :whoknows: Let me get my pH testing kit and get back to you on that one. :)

Men's Health answers

You can put down that wheatgrass shot, Randy. Detox diets require you to complete a 3- to 21-day fast during which you consume only juice, water, and other fluids. By doing this, proponents of the diet claim, you cleanse your GI tract of chemicals and toxins, such as sugar, nicotine, and alcohol, that are stored in the intestines and colon. That theory is false.

"There is no scientifically proven reason to put yourself on a detox diet," says Christine M. Palumbo, R.D., an adjunct faculty member at Benedictine University in Naperville, Illinois, as these so-called toxins do not accumulate in our GI tracts. "Mother Nature provides her own detoxification methods, and they work very well." Good old-fashioned fiber rids your body of whatever waste you do accumulate, without any of the vitamin deficiency that can accompany a detox diet.

By all means, stay away from one-shot detoxes, like herbal laxatives and colonics. "Both can be downright dan-gerous," says Palumbo. "Colonics can lead to an infection or perforation of the bowel, while herbal laxatives can cause severe dehydration or a dependency on them for normal bowel functioning." We sincerely hope you don't need any more deterrence than that.

http://www.menshealth.com/cda/advicedetail.do?site=MensHealth&channel=guy.wisdom&expertId=1c74f5b65fa53010VgnVCM100000cfe793cd____&conitem=7907f8a4e6184010VgnVCM200000cee793cd____&cm_mmc=DailyDoseNL-_-2009_03_12-_-MainBlk-_-3

The point of that comment was that starvation, which is what this is, at it's worst can lead to death, and that necklasses don't.

YOu know what, **** it. I don't care. Starve yourselves, not my body.

I'll just leave you with the wikipedia page of the guy that invented the Master Cleanse.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Burroughs

Enjoy.

**** it indeed. Not that big a deal. Of course no one was talking about actually starving so it's a mute point anyway.

I didn't intend to make this a back and forth, and I wouldn't take the stuff myself (because I don't believe it does anything) but still, if the placebo effect is helping someone, it doesn't cost a bunch of money and it's not bad for you then wtf?

The guy seems like a typical snake oil salesman though I've seen worse. I was hearing on the radio this morning that they're considering making the FDA two seperate agencies one for drugs and one to spend more time on food safety with an emphasis on "supplements". This is long overdue and should clear out a lot of the completely worthless quackery out there.

Anyway, truce. :cheers:

Don't forget the cayenne pepper and daily herbal laxative and salt water bath/flush as well.

How could i forget that? :laugh:

So basically, this thread asks a question: Anyone ever done the Master Cleanse.

One person has (BigMike) and he says it works, and he does it on a regular basis.

Everyone else hasnt done it.

How could i forget that? :laugh:

So basically, this thread asks a question: Anyone ever done the Master Cleanse.

One person has (BigMike) and he says it works, and he does it on a regular basis.

Everyone else hasnt done it.

My Girlfriend did it. By day three she couldn't take it anymore. She had debilitating cramps, a pounding headache that wouldn't go away and her fingernails became brittle and started cracking. She stopped starving herself, ate some food and felt better. She'll never do it again.

My Girlfriend did it. By day three she couldn't take it anymore. She had debilitating cramps, a pounding headache that wouldn't go away and her fingernails became brittle and started cracking. She stopped starving herself, ate some food and felt better. She'll never do it again.

Her fingernails became brittle after 3 days?

/skeptical.

Archived