Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anybody ever done the "Master Cleanse?"

Diggs

Wouldn't it be cheaper just to buy a bunch of generic OTC diuretics to "cleanse oneself?"

They do essentially exactly what this "Master Cleanse" does.

I mean, there is no way a human body can contain that much impacted feces where a human is losing 20-30-40 lbs. from this thing. It's water weight that is lost here as that is what a diuretic does.

I guess I'd liken this to a wrestler or fighter cutting weight. Probably not the healthiest thing, but if you are not doing it 24/7 365 days a year, you probably won't suffer irreparable damage...although I still maintain that my fiance and all those other high level wrestlers and fighters are going to die of systemic organ failure by the time they're 40 if they keep cutting ridiculous amounts of weight like they're continually doing :doh:

Her fingernails became brittle after 3 days?

/skeptical.

You must understand PB, us girls are more fragile than all you wrestler boys who are used to cutting weight... ;)

I don't know how you guys do it. I just stand on the sideline eating my Subway sandwich telling my fiance he's going to get sick cutting double digit pounds in just a few days for a tournament....and it never fails.

Wouldn't it be cheaper just to buy a bunch of generic OTC diuretics to "cleanse oneself?"

They do essentially exactly what this "Master Cleanse" does.

I mean, there is no way a human body can contain that much impacted feces where a human is losing 20-30-40 lbs. from this thing. It's water weight that is lost here as that is what a diuretic does.

I guess I'd liken this to a wrestler or fighter cutting weight. Probably not the healthiest thing, but if you are not doing it 24/7 365 days a year, you probably won't suffer irreparable damage...although I still maintain that my fiance and all those other high level wrestlers and fighters are going to die of systemic organ failure by the time they're 40 if they keep cutting ridiculous amounts of weight like they're continually doing :doh:

what is cheaper then lemon juice, cayenne pepper, grade b maple syrup and water?

seriously, thats all it is. you can get all of that from henry's for less then 20 bucks.

and that snopes thing that phoward posted was OBVIOUSLY fake. i dont think that i am even losing weight honestly. it is a spiritual and mental thing for me and I feel better afterwards.

You must understand PB, us girls are more fragile than all you wrestler boys who are used to cutting weight... ;)

I don't know how you guys do it. I just stand on the sideline eating my Subway sandwich telling my fiance he's going to get sick cutting double digit pounds in just a few days for a tournament....and it never fails.

That might be it. :)

Not eating for 7 days doesnt seem all that bad to me since ive done something similar many times before, except not quite as long and without water........and burning thousands of calories at practice wearing a trashbag and sweatshirt.

Either way, this doesnt sound all that torturous to me. Doesnt sound FUN, but I doubt i'd have a huge problem with it.

what is cheaper then lemon juice, cayenne pepper, grade b maple syrup and water?

seriously, thats all it is. you can get all of that from henry's for less then 20 bucks.

and that snopes thing that phoward posted was OBVIOUSLY fake. i dont think that i am even losing weight honestly. it is a spiritual and mental thing for me and I feel better afterwards.

I wasn't even really referring to the snopes thing...moreso my background knowledge. When Beyonce and all those stars claim they've lost feces weight from this thing, upwards of 20lbs., they are quite literally full of ****. They've lost water weight if they've lost anything. When people try to tell me it's a legitimate weight loss tool or toxin flush or any else of that hogwash, I just shake my head in disbelief.

As far as fasting and using this type of diet, if it is a spiritual/mental thing, I can definitely understand that...fasting is something that has been used for ages. So, may it have mental curative effects, sure. To each his own in that regard. :)

I wasn't even really referring to the snopes thing...moreso my background knowledge. When Beyonce and all those stars claim they've lost feces weight from this thing, upwards of 20lbs., they are quite literally full of ****. They've lost water weight if they've lost anything. When people try to tell me it's a legitimate weight loss tool or toxin flush or any else of that hogwash, I just shake my head in disbelief.

As far as fasting and using this type of diet, if it is a spiritual/mental thing, I can definitely understand that...fasting is something that has been used for ages. So, may it have mental curative effects, sure. To each his own in that regard. :)

youve seen me, you should know i dont believe im dropping 20-30 pounds with this. and they are full of **** for sure if they believe that. 20 pounds of anything in your belly would be impossible to carry around.

And I know that any weight loss is water weight and will come right back. But I believe it does help to clean out toxins like alcohol or fast food that I may have been neglecting myself with. But no more then just eating healthy.

Not eating for 7 days doesnt seem all that bad to me since ive done something similar many times before, except not quite as long and without water........and burning thousands of calories at practice wearing a trashbag and sweatshirt.

Either way, this doesnt sound all that torturous to me. Doesnt sound FUN, but I doubt i'd have a huge problem with it.

All you wrestlers have that same mindset, it's very fascinating to me, seriously. I will never understand the willingness to put on plastics and run/workout/jump around in a sauna for hours at a time on a continual basis. Some of the crap I've seen these guys do is completely beyond my sense of, well, "sanity" would probably be the best word to use.

youve seen me, you should know i dont believe im dropping 20-30 pounds with this. and they are full of **** for sure if they believe that. 20 pounds of anything in your belly would be impossible to carry around.

Lol, no worries, I never pictured you as one who would be doing this type of cleanse for the "weight loss" properties. In this thread and other threads you've talked about fasting and stuff for lent or other religious situations..which I know lots of people approach in lots of different ways. Which is no biggie to me, to each his own with that :):cheers:

All you wrestlers have that same mindset, it's very fascinating to me, seriously. I will never understand the willingness to put on plastics and run/workout/jump around in a sauna for hours at a time on a continual basis. Some of the crap I've seen these guys do is completely beyond my sense of, well, "sanity" would probably be the best word to use.

Lets be serious for a second. Have i EVER struck you as the smartest guy around? :no:

quick check in--

it's 3:10 on day 1, haven't died yet, finger nails haven't fallen off, and i haven't lost 20 lbs of feces yet. but my mouth is on fire from the cayenne and i did have to make a few 40 yard dashes to the bathroom already.

fyi - i'm gonna post a complete update (http://dpkennedy.tumblr.com) at the end of the day. preview: i was in a 4 hour meeting today and they kept passing around donuts and then sandwiches. i'd be lying if i didn't want to tear into everything like the g/d cookie monster!

cheers

I'm convinced I shorted myself a couple inches in height. Starving, working out very hard and the plastic sweats. Right at the time of my life where I was doing the most growing. Probably should be criminal but I didn't give it a second thought at the time, even lied to mom about it.

Men's Health answers

You can put down that wheatgrass shot, Randy. Detox diets require you to complete a 3- to 21-day fast during which you consume only juice, water, and other fluids. By doing this, proponents of the diet claim, you cleanse your GI tract of chemicals and toxins, such as sugar, nicotine, and alcohol, that are stored in the intestines and colon. That theory is false.

"There is no scientifically proven reason to put yourself on a detox diet," says Christine M. Palumbo, R.D., an adjunct faculty member at Benedictine University in Naperville, Illinois, as these so-called toxins do not accumulate in our GI tracts. "Mother Nature provides her own detoxification methods, and they work very well." Good old-fashioned fiber rids your body of whatever waste you do accumulate, without any of the vitamin deficiency that can accompany a detox diet.

By all means, stay away from one-shot detoxes, like herbal laxatives and colonics. "Both can be downright dan-gerous," says Palumbo. "Colonics can lead to an infection or perforation of the bowel, while herbal laxatives can cause severe dehydration or a dependency on them for normal bowel functioning." We sincerely hope you don't need any more deterrence than that.

http://www.menshealth.com/cda/advicedetail.do?site=MensHealth&channel=guy.wisdom&expertId=1c74f5b65fa53010VgnVCM100000cfe793cd____&conitem=7907f8a4e6184010VgnVCM200000cee793cd____&cm_mmc=DailyDoseNL-_-2009_03_12-_-MainBlk-_-3

This should be quoted.

Just for Diggs, I think we should use this thread to post delicious pics of what we had for dinner.

:evilg:

:chair:

you aren't the only one doing that, trust me.

it isn't easy watching TV with the commercials and i love the travel channel and all the food shows. :mad:

This should be quoted.

the ironic thing is i got that same men's health e-mail (from their subscription).

meh, like i said i know it's not a long-term solution but i'm giving it a test drive. so far, i'm running a little low on gas but you should see the exhaust! :laugh:

:chair:

you aren't the only one doing that, trust me.

it isn't easy watching TV with the commercials and i love the travel channel and all the food shows. :mad:

LOL. I's just messing with you, but watching FN/TC must suck. I get hungry 15 min. after dinner just watching some of those shows.

So what exactly is in the Lemonade drink? Sounds like it would be really rough on the ol' Stomach after 7 days Lemonade.

each drink contains the following:

2 tbsp of fresh organic lemon juice

2 tbsp of grade b maple syrup

1/10 tsp cayenne pepper

fill with 8 oz of water

and yeah, i imagine it will be rough on the gut after a week.

Archived