Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The DOW will go up over a 100 points today....

MrMarcus1914

Please choose 1 from each category (4 votes total)  

371 members have voted

1. 1. Please choose 1 from each category (4 votes total)

• U-29 Sara Jean Underwood
    • U-20 Elisha Cuthbert
    • 30+ Gwyneth Paltrow
    • 30+ Claudia Molina
    • Athlete - Gretchen Bleiler
    • Athlete - Laisa Andrioli
    • Classic - Lili St. Cyr
    • Classic - Betty Grable

I think there will be little movement in either direction. People want to wait and see, it being Friday and all. Let them mull over the events over the weekend. At the same time, I all can see the market taking a big hit. I do believe that it won't be up by much, if at all.

I eagerly await tomorrow's prediction

I have tomorrow. Tomorrow the market will be closed, and I'll even go to the next day, it'll be closed again.

**OP*** Just so I know who do you work for. I want to make sure you aren't managing any of money.

They should call you the "Weatherman" as a nickname in the wall street pit.

You're not being fair to weathermen. :)

Another problem is that the evidence on the accuracy of such forecasts is best summed up by the findings of William Sherden, author of The Fortune Sellers. Sherden studied the performance of seven forecasting professions: investment experts, meteorology, technology assessment, demography, futurology, organizational planning, and economics. He concluded that while none of the experts were very expert, the folks we most often make jokes about—weathermen—actually had the best predictive powers.

Sherden also provided these insights: He said that the First Law of Economics was that for every economist, there is an equal and opposite economist—for every bullish economist, there is a bearish one. His Second Law of Economics was that they are both likely to be wrong. Sherden’s research found that there are no economic forecasters who consistently lead the pack in forecasting accuracy.(3)

Yeah, and I played right into for you, which makes the original comment better. This is how it is done:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=281896

I don't know, I kind of prefer not clarifying the Dow being closed. That seems cooler to me.

Like if you had piled on by going "I'm guessing it's going up at least 500 points" I wouldn't have said anything. Oh well, just opinion.

Just 3 weeks ago ES posters said I was crazy when I said the Dow was on a collision course with 5k-6k and that I'd profit the entire journey down. Hmmm.

I think the feeling was that you were crazy for the way that you came to your conclusion. Not the conclusion itself. Big difference, and they were right.

But you won't be the only woefully mis-informed amateur in the Dow's history to get ****y and subsequently lose your ass. Which is just a matter of time of course. You won't be the last either. :)

I love your football stuff and humor. Financial predictions? Not so much :)

I don't know, I kind of prefer not clarifying the Dow being closed. That seems cooler to me.

Like if you had piled on by going "I'm guessing it's going up at least 500 points" I wouldn't have said anything. Oh well, just opinion.

You're probably right, actually. I should have come over the top instead of playing it straight.

Archived