Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Phillip Daniels Video Comeback Training

Soup

Keeping in good shape, eating well, etcetera, are probable reasons why his recovery has been so good. We don't know how he really is, though, until we see how well he can cut when going after a runner or a QB.

Definitely, he was saying in an interview last week that he's back to doing cutting drills and stuff and I'm sure he's doing everything he can in rehab so I'm sure his knee is getting all of the physical conditioning it needs to get stronger.

When doing squats correctly, which he does, they put very little stress on your knees. Not saying his knees aren't healthy, because I'm sure they are.

I understand that, but coming off of major knee surgery and being able to squat so much weight is a good sign regardless. Because no matter how proper you perform the motion, you can't squat that much weight on a bum knee.

Definitely, he was saying in an interview last week that he's back to doing cutting drills and stuff and I'm sure he's doing everything he can in rehab so I'm sure his knee is getting all of the physical conditioning it needs to get stronger.

I understand that, but coming off of major knee surgery and being able to squat so much weight is a good sign regardless. Because no matter how proper you perform the motion, you can't squat that much weight on a bum knee.

I blew my knee out years ago (ACL). You are right, if its not 100 percent, there is no eff'ing way you squat this much.

Bring him to camp. If he makes it, he makes it. No harm, no foul.

i agree with this. if he can still play, then i would be tremendously happy, both for him personally and to have him back on the squad and in the locker room.

if he doesnt make it, its not like its a public relations nightmare or anything. the guy had a serious injury, was brought back and given a chance to play.

i do think that the Redskins owe him a shot at coming to camp. from there, let his play decide whether or not he is on the team again.

I blew my knee out years ago (ACL). You are right, if its not 100 percent, there is no eff'ing way you squat this much.

I hate the thought of a blown out knee, it makes me cringe like no other. A couple of years ago at the gym a guy was squatting and blew out his knee right in front of me. Almost made me pass out. I can handle the sight of blood all day but bones and joint injuries and stuff like that are hard to watch.

I hate the thought of a blown out knee, it makes me cringe like no other. A couple of years ago at the gym a guy was squatting and blew out his knee right in front of me. Almost made me pass out. I can handle the sight of blood all day but bones and joint injuries and stuff like that are hard to watch.

I agree! My friend dislocated his patella and knee cap, and his actually knee cap was all the way up on his quad! This happened while we were playing basketball and I saw that, and got light headed!! Gross!

I agree. But I say we sign him for the Vet minimum as he has always been stout against the run. And bring in our rookie DE on 3rd down plays.

I wouldn't count on Daniels to be a starter in any type of capacity. The chances of him making it through 4 games without getting injured are very slim.

I agree! My friend dislocated his patella and knee cap, and his actually knee cap was all the way up on his quad! This happened while we were playing basketball and I saw that, and got light headed!! Gross!

:yikes: That made me light headed just reading about it!

Damn! Squatting 505 lbs means your knee is probably in pretty good shape.

Yes and No

It does test the knee in some regard, but most knee injurys seem to come from cutting or lateral motion. Squatting really doesn't test this type of motion.

I know Daniels is in good shape and the fact that Blanche loves him as a player, but he is old for a DT/DE and doesn't play the way he did a few years ago. We need to cut ties with him, IMO. We need to look at the draft for an upgrade as there are not any decent DE's available.

Given your dream draft, Daniels WILL be re-signed. May be cut before the season but he would be re-signed.

I agree. But I say we sign him for the Vet minimum as he has always been stout against the run. And bring in our rookie DE on 3rd down plays.

Or bring in Chris Wilson on 3rd downs. Thats a solid move because it keeps both guys fresh.

Damn dude, he made 505 look easy as hell.

Can't wait to see him back in action with us, hopefully.

He will be tough to move off the line of scrimmage when they run at him.

THATS WHAT WE NEED AT DEFENSIVE END ON FIRST DOWN.

Archived