Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

redskins have over 10.9 million in cap after cutting taylor,what to do?

chow184

First off I am thinking with Vinny, since we are in need of a linebacker, who is available and who has the biggest name left out there? I can actually see Vinny going and signing Ray Lewis, now you may well laugh, however he was rumored to want to sign with Dallas, and they basically screwed him and went with Brooking. Ray wants out of Baltimore, now who is known for OVERPAYING for PAST THEIR PRIME PLAYERS??? A small hint, Bruce Smith, Deion Sanders, Jason Taylor.......

So don't be surprised if there is a press conference naming Ray Lewis as our newest addition......

Not going to happen. Why would you have too aging Middle Linebackers on your team, by which neither one is willing (or even fit) to move to the outside

I think that Crowell now makes a ton of sense... Ray Willis looks like he could be good if he is on the cheap. Honestly I think we sign Hunter Smith since every time Vinny says we wont do something we in fact do that.....Also Orakpo looks like he could be our draft pick which I would not mind one bit...

Honestly drafting a DE is our best option now...Especially bc teams will focus on Haynesworth this should make the transition to DE easier for a rookie now...

Unfortunately, there's not that many good DEs available in the draft that are good for the #13 spot. I'd love Orakpo, but a lot of mocks place him at #5. I doubt he slips to #13.

Another one is Tyson Jackson, who isn't much of a pass-rushing threat. Yeah, he has size. But at best he's a Daniels clone, which IMO isn't worth taking with the #13 pick.

A late riser is Robert Ayers out of Tennessee. He has good size at 6'3" 272 lbs, and was MVP of the Senior Bowl. But he was rated a 2nd rounder at the end of the college season.

Everette Brown's a guy who's a better fit for a 3-4 scheme at OLB. He's only 256 lbs.

There doesn't seem to be that many good guys to take at #13 at the DE spot. I feel we'll go with OT or OLB there.

Addressing the issue with FA seems to yield not that great fits either. Evans might be the best solution now, but he's not long-term. The guy turns 30 at the start of the season.

With regards to other moves, I hope we can get Angelo Crowell since he should be familiar working with Fletcher and was under Jerry Gray at Buffalo. Willis has started less than Heyer, so I don't expect as much as some.

I think we should just sit on the money for now. Just because it's there, doesn't mean we have to spend it. If a great deal comes along, okay. If not, wait until the draft, sign the picks and wait for the next wave of cuts to fill gaps. We are still building. That doesn't mean we have to every guy in every spot and make a run at the Super Bowl.

Sounds nice, but not very reasonable. I don't think we have the right type of Front Office for a worst-to-first turnaround. I just hope for a 9-7 record at least. An improvement over last year.

Could lock up Carlos Rogers for the next 4 years. Starting corners are apparently worth 50 million dollars so getting him a bunch of money up front NOW and giving him a raise this year would save a bunch later on plus keep him off the free agent market next year.

Probably much cheaper also, than franchising him next season. Lock him up NOW.

I love the idea.......and in 2010 who will be our QB? If we need to resign Jason after a great season or need to sign a other high salary QB, we have a HUGE salary cap problem....I don't see how we can life whitout a cap free season.

I dont think anyone in their right mind would say Campbell is a better quarterback than Cutler. Even at Auburn, with Cadillac and Brown, Campbell was the type of quarterback that could manage the game. Here, he is barely that. He is an average quarterback that doesn't make many mistakes, but rarely makes big plays. Cutler makes huge plays and making some mistakes comes with the territory. Imagine the depth of our line if we drafted Andre Smith, and the offense with Cutler at the helm...it is instantly twice as good. Our #4 ranked defense should remain around there with Haynesworth opening things up for Carter and whomever our other end may be. If we can trade this years 3rd and an early pick in next years draft (even our 1st rounder) for Cutler, we should do it. A young pro bowl quarterback that will grow even more under Zorn. It would let us save the money we would pay next years 1st rounder to re-sign Carlos Rogers, and we would still have our 2nd-7th rounders (Hopefully our 1st rounder would be after pick 25, but even if it isn't it is well worth it). It is time to stop hovering near mediocrity and take that bold next step. Bring Jay Cutler to Washington.

I think we should just sit on the money for now. Just because it's there, doesn't mean we have to spend it. If a great deal comes along, okay. If not, wait until the draft, sign the picks and wait for the next wave of cuts to fill gaps. We are still building. That doesn't mean we have to every guy in every spot and make a run at the Super Bowl.

Sounds nice, but not very reasonable. I don't think we have the right type of Front Office for a worst-to-first turnaround. I just hope for a 9-7 record at least. An improvement over last year.

We weren't 4-12! we were 8-8 we lost games at the end of the season because of our lines. Which so far are alot younger and better already this year. 9-7 is only one game better that last year. If we can win 2 more games than last year then we will make the playoffs.

As much as the possibility of landing someone is very appealing we have been burned many times in the past for spending like crazy..like it was said earlier..if a GREAT deal comes along then we shouldn't pass it up..if not then get Orakpo @ 13 or draft cuz from Ol Miss

I dont think anyone in their right mind would say Campbell is a better quarterback than Cutler. Even at Auburn, with Cadillac and Brown, Campbell was the type of quarterback that could manage the game. Here, he is barely that. He is an average quarterback that doesn't make many mistakes, but rarely makes big plays. Cutler makes huge plays and making some mistakes comes with the territory. Imagine the depth of our line if we drafted Andre Smith, and the offense with Cutler at the helm...it is instantly twice as good. Our #4 ranked defense should remain around there with Haynesworth opening things up for Carter and whomever our other end may be. If we can trade this years 3rd and an early pick in next years draft (even our 1st rounder) for Cutler, we should do it. A young pro bowl quarterback that will grow even more under Zorn. It would let us save the money we would pay next years 1st rounder to re-sign Carlos Rogers, and we would still have our 2nd-7th rounders (Hopefully our 1st rounder would be after pick 25, but even if it isn't it is well worth it). It is time to stop hovering near mediocrity and take that bold next step. Bring Jay Cutler to Washington.

I like it and the O line will look A LOT better with Jason out of there.

We weren't 4-12! we were 8-8 we lost games at the end of the season because of our lines. Which so far are alot younger and better already this year. 9-7 is only one game better that last year. If we can win 2 more games than last year then we will make the playoffs.

Entering the offseason, and even up to this point, we still need several pieces. Unlike the Giants or Patriots, consistantly good teams who rarely over-pay and always get the right players, we rushed into another big-name signing. And, as the ritual has become, we ended up cutting a mistake from a year before to make room for new mistakes.

Why not take the novel approach? BUILD a team. Let chemistry form from our own players. If Snyder would have started that way 3 years ago, maybe WE would be the legitimate contenders now...

Archived