Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

redskins have over 10.9 million in cap after cutting taylor,what to do?

chow184

Vince Young made the pro bowl, too..... What's HE done?

He's done nothing but lost love for the game. Your comparing apples to oranges dude....that is no comparison. Jay Cutler would **** all over JC in a QB competition. Stop being homers, Jay Cutler would run circles around JC all day, everyday.

Jay Cutler has made the pro bowl.........what has Campbell done? wait.......i'll give you a hint......:pooh:

Because the pro bowl means soooooo much. Cutler getting in over Rivers was a JOKE. Rivers won the division AND had the best stats of any qb in football but Cutler and Favre went in the AFC over him. Bravo pro bowl.

Because the pro bowl means soooooo much. Cutler getting in over Rivers was a JOKE. Rivers won the division AND had the best stats of any qb in football but Cutler and Favre went in the AFC over him. Bravo pro bowl.

Exactly. Going 8-8 in the AFC's worst division.

You are right. Cutler shouldn't have gotten in over Rivers.

But I'd still take him over Jason.

I hope we spend the money getting a defensive end who can put pressure on the quarterback. Now we have AH, that doesn't mean we can go cheap and get another bum for an end. O-Lines are going to have to double AH, and that's going to open up lanes for others to get to the quarter back. Now is the perfect time for the rest of our D Line to step up and shine, force some turnovers and turn some games around for us.

I hope that DE comes in the form of a draft pick because he'll be younger and more eager to perform. P.S., your sig is hillarious!!!

Taylor, even without an inside, pocket-collapsing presence, turned it on at the end of last year when he FINALLY started to get healthy for the first time all year. He had 2.5 sacks in the last three games and was arguably the MVP of the Eagles game that was won by our defense. This move just doesn't seem to make much sense to me.

This is what has me baffled and pissed off about the front office. Just when we think they are starting to get it, they don't. Now we have ANOTHER hole to fill. :doh:

Sign Crowell for OLB

Sign Willis for RT and let him have an open competition with Heyer for our RT

Sign Olshansky to play DT and cut Griffin

Draft a DE at #13 (Orakpo) or trade back and take Jackson or English at DE

we can't cut griffin....he just redid his deal....

If it were up to me, I would look at the following:

Re-signing Evans.

Signing Crowell.

Sign K Jay Feeley and G/C Matt Lehr for low dollars.

More creatively/aggressively I would see if we can get a 2nd for Carlos Rogers and sign Jabari Greer. He seems to have slipped thru the cracks a little and might come for a relatively low price. But again, depends on his price as well as Rogers' trade market.

i dont think there is a chance in hell that this is what we will do with it, but if i signed on tomorrow morning and we had used some of this money to extend Carlos i would not be at all dissapointed.

thats a lot of money in the secondary, but preserving the goodwill with a guy who has pro bowl talent is never a bad thing. he could see some serious $$$ if he hits the open market (i believe next year).

Agreed, at least about Canty, I wasn't sold on Smith. It doesn't make too much sense to me. According to the OP's numbers, we had about 3.5 to 4 million in cap space before we cut Taylor. Once Canty signed, I don't see why we cut Taylor. The workout clause thing was clearly just a ploy by the FO, it's obvious now they wanted to cut him. It just doesn't make sense to me. You finally get a guy like Haynesworth that can push the pocket so the QB can't step up so Taylor and Carter can wreak havoc all day and then you make a seemingly unnecessary cut? We had enough money to sign our picks and it doesn't seem like we're going to spend much more money so why cut him now? I don't know, I just don't like it.

Taylor, even without an inside, pocket-collapsing presence, turned it on at the end of last year when he FINALLY started to get healthy for the first time all year. He had 2.5 sacks in the last three games and was arguably the MVP of the Eagles game that was won by our defense. This move just doesn't seem to make much sense to me. If I had to make a choice, I would have rather seen us cut Griffin...and earlier in the offseason. We're back down to one proven pass-rusher on our team outside of Haynesworth - and that's assuming he continues to play as motivated as Golston. Well at least maybe this means we may see some more of Rob Jackson - he seemed like a pretty good late round pick last year in the preseason with some decent potential. Hopeful he's developed and proves to be better than a typical overachieving late rounder. :logo:

I agree with the possible front office ploy. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

I would like to see a QB FA brought in... Jeff Garcia could run the west coast offense and has done well... Why not him compete with Colt...

Trade JC to get another draft pick. In the draft pick up OLB with #13 selection, DE and Oline is all that is needed.

I would like to see a QB FA brought in... Jeff Garcia could run the west coast offense and has done well... Why not him compete with Colt...

Trade JC to get another draft pick. In the draft pick up OLB with #13 selection, DE and Oline is all that is needed.

I personally don't want an old weak arm Jeff Garcia.

Agreed, at least about Canty, I wasn't sold on Smith. It doesn't make too much sense to me. According to the OP's numbers, we had about 3.5 to 4 million in cap space before we cut Taylor. Once Canty signed, I don't see why we cut Taylor. The workout clause thing was clearly just a ploy by the FO, it's obvious now they wanted to cut him. It just doesn't make sense to me. You finally get a guy like Haynesworth that can push the pocket so the QB can't step up so Taylor and Carter can wreak havoc all day and then you make a seemingly unnecessary cut?

Perhaps the FO doesn't believe that Taylor is capable of consistently wreaking havoc at this stage in his career?

i dont think there is a chance in hell that this is what we will do with it, but if i signed on tomorrow morning and we had used some of this money to extend Carlos i would not be at all dissapointed.

thats a lot of money in the secondary, but preserving the goodwill with a guy who has pro bowl talent is never a bad thing. he could see some serious $$$ if he hits the open market (i believe next year).

This could be telling as to if the Skins believe next year is going to be uncapped. If they truly feel it is, there is no rush to resign Carlos. Even with his deal expiring, he will still be a restricted free agent at worst. If they don't make a move to use some of this extra cash on him, I think it indicates they are preparing to have both he and Campbell as restricted players next year.

Zombie says... anyone but Campbell and his poor decision making skills and pitiful footwork/release. the boy simply cant read a defense "up here" as coach Joe would say. If the price for Cutler isnt crippling go get him and stick this clown on the pine where he belongs. He has had his shot.

Archived