Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFLN: Shefter says Campbell needs to "Grow up" in order for us to win.

Rocky52Mc

Queue "Well Colt can do it because he's the second coming of Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Sammy Baugh and Jesus Christ"

And how do you know he isn't? Any player has the capabilities of being great. but still there are some who are given a chance to show what they have but still manage to somewhat disappoint the fans.

JC "grew up" this year alright - not by much though.

Because his name isn't Colt Brennan. And when Colt Brennan sucks up the joint, everyone will be pining for his backup, and then his backup and then his backup. Welcome to Washington.

Vinny himself said with Hall and Haynesworth signed, we're now only going to be looking at the OL. Granted, we still need an LB and I'm hoping we bring Angelo Crowell in on the cheap.

And when JC stinks up the joint after adding Dockery and the like would you be he first one calling for his backup then?

It is make or break for Campbell, I admit that I think if the Line is upgraded (hopefully through adding Oher and Shipley I think he will have more time to throw, plus the running game will be huge, if we can find our own Sproles then we have that compliment to Portis. A lot hinges on Campbell a lot hinges on Thomas, Kelly and Davis improving and maturing

And when JC stinks up the joint after adding Dockery and the like would you be he first one calling for his backup then?

If he's throwing accurate passes and his WR's aren't catching ****, no I wont.

If the new OL isn't an upgrade over the old one, no I wont.

But if the OL is working and the WR's are catching passes near them, then still no I wont.

There's a reason Zorn is the coach of this team and not you and I. He knows a little more about the game then both of us and has the authority - not the decision making skills mind you, but the ethos - to determine when to make a switch.

If he's throwing accurate passes and his WR's aren't catching ****, no I wont.

If the new OL isn't an upgrade over the old one, no I wont.

But if the OL is working and the WR's are catching passes near them, then still no I wont.

There's a reason Zorn is the coach of this team and not you and I. He knows a little more about the game then both of us and has the authority - not the decision making skills mind you, but the ethos - to determine when to make a switch.

First you say if he is throwing accurate passes and then later you say if WR are catching the balls near them sounds like he is not throwing accurately then.

But you will still stand behind JC until the coach makes the decision for you so you can root for say Colt instead.

Got it.

By the way I am glad I don't need to have a coach to tell me who to root for. ;)

:saber:

Yeah let him have the same system for longer than 8 months and then we'll see him grow up.. This is the year.. We need to see marked improvement from him, if he's given an oline and good protection, then he has no more excuses. I hope he succeeds.

So what happens if the O-line isn't substantially improved and he, the QB, needs to improvise and make plays? You know, the way many other "really good" quarterbacks do?

I guess the excuses just keep on coming then, won't they?

I agree, better protection would be awesome, but you can't deny the fact that many other QB's have done more with less. Even that excuse won't fly for me next year. It's put up, or shut up.

but that would be an absolute failure. sure lefty could be a good QB, but NOT in a west coast. people questioned if JC could succeed with his slow windup and delivery. maybe he will. maybe he wont. but lefty is even slower than JC. maybe if we ran some other offensive scheme, but if we are running the WCO, lefty would be a horrible pickup.

Totally agree. Leftwich in this offense is like :

SquarePeginaRoundHole.jpg

Because his name isn't Colt Brennan.

You couldn't be more wrong about that completely generalized statement.

What you (and most) JC advocates don't seem to get is that it has NOTHING to do with Colt Brennan and everything to do with Jason Campbell. If we had another young, potentially promising QB on the roster you could literally insert his name in place of Colt's, and the sentiment would be the same. Your hatred for Colt is only an extension of your love for Jason.

If you're going to bash any of us (and there are plenty) who feel JC isn't the answer, citing that we have some form of blind loyalty and love for Colt Brennan, at least try to understand why folks are dying to see the kid get a chance. None of "us" have proclaimed Colt to be anything. None of "us" know if he'll be any good, though I personally believe he'll fare well. What "we" do know, is that he isn't Jason Campbell, and that's good enough for me.

That said........I love me some Skins and for that reason I hope JC kicks some major butt this year. Confused? It's not really that hard to understand.

What you (and most) JC advocates don't seem to get is that it has NOTHING to do with Colt Brennan and everything to do with Jason Campbell. If we had another young, potentially promising QB on the roster you could literally insert his name in place of Colt's, and the sentiment would be the same. Your hatred for Colt is only an extension of your love for Jason.

If you're going to bash any of us (and there are plenty) who feel JC isn't the answer, citing that we have some form of blind loyalty and love for Colt Brennan, at least try to understand why folks are dying to see the kid get a chance. None of "us" have proclaimed Colt to be anything. None of "us" know if he'll be any good, though I personally believe he'll fare well. What "we" do know, is that he isn't Jason Campbell, and that's good enough for me.

corrupt3d stance is pretty simple. Root for the QB that is the starter and not someone who is sitting on the bench. We should support our starting QB no matter what. When JC gets replaced he will root for even a QB named Colt.

Man I can't wait to see corrupt3d rooting for Colt one day. :laugh:

You know, in case you all didn't notice. Jason Campbell made a lot of progress last year. His first year he stood around with a clipboard "learning" by watching. He was injured part of another season.

This last year he was actually coached by coach who was a QB in the NFL and a pretty good one.

Everyone chill out on Jason,

unless he goes 9/30, 2 INTs in the first game of the season,

then all you critics are right.

:)

corrupt3d stance is pretty simple. Root for the QB that is the starter and not someone who is sitting on the bench. We should support our starting QB no matter what. When JC gets replaced he will root for even a QB named Colt.

Man I can't wait to see corrupt3d rooting for Colt one day. :laugh:

Yeah, thank god that'll never happen.

And you couldn't be anymore blind to bitter sarcasm.

I believe he's ready.

I believe he is ready to ... ready to continue playing mediocre football. I swear if Coach Jim Zorn sticks with Jason Campbell this season and he is playing crap football ... I guess I won't do anything and I will still love the Washington Redskins ... maybe I will just cuss a lot.

HTTR

I still can't figure out if JC is so bad, why can't his detractors ever argue their point logically, with actual facts.... but instead use conjecture, and accuse those supporting JC of only being blind homers to try and discredit them :whoknows:

Man oh man do you have that shoe on the wrong foot!

On a lighter note, it's nice to see all that JC supporters drawing a line at 5 years, in that this is JC's make or break year.:wavetowel

I still can't figure out if JC is so bad, why can't his detractors ever argue their point logically, with actual facts.... but instead use conjecture, and accuse those supporting JC of only being blind homers to try and discredit them :whoknows:

:peaceout:I totally agree . I have never seen anyone come up ewith actual reasons why they don't see Campbell is the man other than they see it the sexy thing to do ... hell all the cool kids were doing it ....

I read a strange thread saying we should bring in Vick... a guy who never completed more than 60% of his passes in a WCO, or Leftwich who has a slower wind up than me... but point to thier failures and there are always reasons ...

The problem is unless the offense as a whole can be fixed no mater who lines up under center we a stuffed ...

If we go ORT at 13 in the draft then we have a chance of really upgrading the line ... I would like to see ORT Smith or Oher .. We still have Jansen\Heyer as spot starters/backups ...then in the third go for a OLB or C say if someone drops and then depth at OL and RB .

The only thing I would really want is a big run stopping LE that could meen we could have Taylor flicking between strong side line backer and three point DE in obvious passing downs (i.e take over Washingtons old role )

Where have you been? Detractors have listed volumes of stats pointing to low ypa, low ypc, failure to attempt downfield passes, decent final numbers that are heavily influenced by early season play, etc. Promoters then point to the nothingness argument of "not enough time in a system". Detractors then point to EVERY successful QB in the league today that immediately took to the system they play in. Promoters then point to lack of receivers, lack of line, lack of everything that cannot be measured, because the stats are too overwhelming.

Or why Colt's Cult thinks he was sooooo good in pre-season. Yeah, he ran around a few times and extended the play. But he only scored one TD in 4 games. What is so impressive about 1 TD??????

I don't compare the HOF game because Colt and JC both played well.

Bills -

Colt had the ball 3 possesions.

Drive 1. No first downs, Field Goal position was from a defensive TO

Drive 2. 1 first down.

Drive 3. No first downs.

That's a total of one first down. Whoop-de-doo!

Jets -

Colt had the ball 3 possesions.

Drive 1. No first downs.

Drive 2. No first downs.

Drive 3. 2 plays and then the TD. For me this was only time Colt did look impressive in pre-season.

That's a total of no first downs and 1 TD.

Carolina -

Colt had the ball 2 possesions.

Drive 1. He had 3 first downs but the drive stalled on an incomplete pass

at the Carolina 31.

Drive 2. One first down. Only made it to the Wash. 42

That's 4 first downs but only got in Carolina territory once and then didn't get to the redzone.

Jacksonville -

Colt had the ball 8 possessions.

Drive 1. This was a good drive from the Wash. 26 to the Jac. 28 and resulted in the field goal.

The other 6 drives either stalled right at mid-field or never got close to midfield.

One drive reached the Jac. 23 but a fourth down try failed.

Okay, Colt had one TD, one good drive that netted a field goal and one good drive that didn't get a first down close to the redzone. I'm still not the least bit impressed. If this is an example of the spark Colt will add to the team then I believe I'll pass.

Archived