Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFLN: Shefter says Campbell needs to "Grow up" in order for us to win.

Rocky52Mc

I have to say, being a big Campbell supporter, this is true. We can go out and pay big bucks, but we're gonna need the offense to come out and really support the defense. Because we know the defense is playing this year, just like every year.

This year barring injury will truly define Campbells career with the Redskins as well as in the NFL.

It's Campbell's contract year, and most of the pieces are set, with the addition of an O-linemen and a decent draft, this team is set for a serious run to make the playoffs this year. Campbell is more mature then he's ever been and I believe he's ready.

all speculation at this point. we have no depth so if one of these big dudes goes down, the defense can take a huge hit.

I agree that we could take a big hit, but its not about that. We have the team, and have ALWAYS had a good defense, Shefter's point was "We can spend 180 million, it doesn't matter, Campbell has to perform"

We have taken hits everywhere, Jason Taylor, Sean Taylor, Shawn Springs, Marcus Washington, A.Monty, Fletcher in a boot. We still we're a top D.

I have to say, being a big Campbell supporter, this is true. We can go out and pay big bucks, but we're gonna need the offense to come out and really support the defense. Because we know the defense is playing this year, just like every year.

This year barring injury will truly define Campbells career with the Redskins as well as in the NFL.

It's Campbell's contract year, and most of the pieces are set, with the addition of an O-linemen and a decent draft, this team is set for a serious run to make the playoffs this year. Campbell is more mature then he's ever been and I believe he's ready.

Yeah let him have the same system for longer than 8 months and then we'll see him grow up.. This is the year.. We need to see marked improvement from him, if he's given an oline and good protection, then he has no more excuses. I hope he succeeds.

Yeah let him have the same system for longer than 8 months and then we'll see him grow up.. This is the year.. We need to see marked improvement from him, if he's given an oline and good protection, then he has no more excuses. I hope he succeeds.

Agreed, Campbell should have a lot going for him heading into this system.

And more than one option at WR who can run a route and hold onto a catch.

If these three elements are even half-way in place and JC still under performs, I will personally pack his bags.

I'd like to see us bring in Leftwich as a backup.

I've been a huge JC fan, but this year really is make or break for him.

thats what they said after saying JC needs to grow up.

but that would be an absolute failure. sure lefty could be a good QB, but NOT in a west coast. people questioned if JC could succeed with his slow windup and delivery. maybe he will. maybe he wont. but lefty is even slower than JC. maybe if we ran some other offensive scheme, but if we are running the WCO, lefty would be a horrible pickup.

I've been a Campbell supporter, but I defintely agree that this is the season where we need to see some of our time and labor bear fruit. He's in his second season under Zorn, his second season in Zorn's system, and his 3rd full season as our starting QB.

A good majority of the pieces have been put into place, and with Hall re-signed and Haynesworth signed, we need our offense to match the production that our defense comes up with. But it's not just Campbell though. We need our offensive line to improve, and we need all of our receivers (including Moss and Randle El) to step up their games.

Yes he needs to have a big year this year in order to get resigned after this year. He should though. Now with Haynesworth we should get a lot more turnovers putting our O in great field position. Letting us score more points and win more games. This being his second year in the system i expect him to look a lot better. That being said all the pressure shouldn't be on him. Our line has to play better plain and simple. No QB can throw the ball from his back. Also Thomas or Kelly needs to step up big time cuz we need a number 2 WR ARE isn't good enough to be the number 2 WR he's a better slot. As it is right now teams can double cooley and moss and have 8 in the box and shut down our O, and thats what they do. If Thomas can come up big he will take a lot of pressure off everyone on O and we should score a lot more

Archived