Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Best Picture of the Best Pictures (2000 to 2008)

footballhenry

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Who else voted Slumdog?

We're in the minority.

It's not that I necessarily think it was better than all of the others. I simply enjoyed it more.

I'm STILL trying to figure out why.

Maybe I like a good, cheesy, happy ending every once in a while..

bc your gf is Indian and you're biased

I wouldnt say that per se MissU. Slumdog is a wonderful film and I can see why TJ thought it was the best of these films. I truly enjoyed the film, and even though I'm Indian I did not show it any Bias. Needless to say, I would rank it third behind The Departed and LOTR.

I enjoyed Slumdog....but I don't think I would watch it again. I wouldn't watch The Departed again, either. I've seen some movies that I thought were great, but I never want to watch again. Mostly because of the depressing aspects of them.

LOTR- I have seen many times. Love love love it. All of them. I don't think the ending was too slow, but I know I was like, "DAMNIT, FRODO! Throw the freakin' ring into the fire!!!!" Mad impatient.

Gladiator- I have seen a few times. I love it though. I never thought I would like it, bc it's not my type of movie. The music is great, Russell Crow is a fantastic actor, and just very well made.

The Departed- I watched it and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. I haven't seen it in like a year though, so I don't really remember it, but I do remember liking it.

Crash I didn't like. I hate movies that try and send a message.

I haven't seen the rest of them.

Honestly, for me it was Slumdog. Looking back at that list (and I've seen them all), none of them had as much emotional impact for me. Now, that could be because I'm Indian...;).

lol.

It's funny. My girlfriend is Indian but yet I still like the movie more than she does.

You know, if you ask me, I still think Bollywood makes a mockery of Indian culture. I wonder if she feels the same way about Slumdog?

That's the thing.

She was adopted when she was less than two years old. She has no idea who her real parents are. The only info she has is that she was born in the slums and quickly adopted.

She's only just now learning about Indian culture.

I saw pictures of her when she first came over here. They are sad and depressing.

Archived