Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ITExaminer: Apple to allow Verizon connections (IPhone Related)

Metskins

Finally! This might result in a bounce in the stock. We knew this day was coming, but at least now people are talking about it.

----

Apple is certain to allow Verizon to join its elite band of Iphone providers, bringing to an end the exclusive and somewhat stupid exclusivity deal in its biggest market.

Deep throats in Apple claim that Iphones for Verizon Wireless will be announced soon.

While the deal is so secret that Apple will not even hint that it is happening, the outfit had been trying to find EVDO and CDMA Engineers for months in their online Iphone job postings. While EVDO could cover a wide range of 3G skills, it is more likely that Apple is specifically after the Verizon Wireless standard.

http://www.itexaminer.com/apple-to-allow-verizon-connections.aspx

i'll believe it when i see it. i would love for that to happen since i have verizon, but i just don't see that happening...

Why do you not see it happening? It's GOING to happen, it's just a question of when. There is only a two year exclusivity agreement with AT&T. That should be in June of this year, I think.

The only way it won't happen is if AT&T forks over like a couple billion dollars AT LEAST to re-up the deal. Even then it would just delay the inevitable.

Why do you not see it happening? It's GOING to happen, it's just a question of when. There is only a two year exclusivity agreement with AT&T. That should be in June of this year, I think.

The only way it won't happen is if AT&T forks over like a couple billion dollars AT LEAST to re-up the deal. Even then it would just delay the inevitable.

i didn't know they only had a 2 year agreement with at&t, i thought it was longer. it would be awesome because i've wanted an iphone but didn't want to switch to at&t. i'm due for an upgrade in may so hopefully it'll be avaliable around then.

Verizon's 4G network launches in 2010. The 3G network puts AT&T to shame in most areas, but the new network will be LTE based as will AT&T when they launch theirs 2 years later. Meaning that the networks will technologically support the same devices unless the carriers specifically block devices. The network will be a 100 megabit network.

Time to dump Qualcomm stock if anyone has it because they are left out in the cold on this one.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10169417-1.html

Correction 11:56 a.m. PST: We messed up. The 9 to 5 Mac blog we cited below is in fact from September 2008, so it turns out this is an old rumor. Because it showed up in our RSS feed Saturday, we, like a number of other publications, took it as a recent post and went from there. Apologies for the confusion.

Archived