Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You might be a Yankee if...

TC4

You think barbecue is a verb meaning "to cook outside." ...barbecue is amazingly delicious

You think Heinz Ketchup is SPICY! ...ha!

You don't have any problems pronouncing "Worcestershire sauce"

correctly. ...Worshesshesshire sauce?

For breakfast, you would prefer potatoes au gratin to grits. ...mmm grits.

You don't know what a moon pie is. ...LOVE moon pies!

You've never had grain alcohol. ...had plenty. lol

You've never, ever, eaten Okra. ...another food I love.

You eat fried chicken with a knife and fork. ...who does that??? lol

You've never seen a live chicken, and the only cows you've seen are on road trips. ...lol

You have no idea what a polecat is. ...always in the damn road!

Whenever someone tells an off-color joke about farm animals, it goes over your head. ...lol.gif

You don't see anything wrong with putting a sweater on a poodle. ...:doh:

You don't have bangs. ...:silly:

You would rather vacation at Martha's Vineyard than Six Flags. ...Titan FTW!

More than two generations of your family have been kicked out of the same prep school in Connecticut. ...connect to what?

You would rather have your son become a lawyer than grow up to get his own TV fishing show. ...I guess that's the first one that makes me like a Yankee... :(

Instead of referring to two or more people as "y'all," you call them "you guys," even if both of them are women. ...y'all is the #1 word in my dictionary. :D

You don't think Howard Stern has an accent. ...:rotflmao:

You have never planned your summer vacation around a gun-and-knife show. ...damnit! another one! :(

You think more money should go to important scientific research at your university than to pay the salary of the head football coach. ...errrrr I plead the 5th.

You don't have at least one can of WD*40 somewhere around the house. ...a must have.

The last time you smiled was when you prevented someone from getting on an on-ramp on the highway. ...I'm not one of those people, but there are plenty here.

You don't have any hats in your closet that advertise feed stores. ...nope I don't! :(

The farthest south you've ever been is the perfume counter at Neiman Marcus. ...aren't Yankees afraid of the Mason Dixon line? :silly:

You call binoculars opera glasses. ...are you serious??? :rotflmao:

You can't spit out the car window without pulling over to the side of the road and stopping. ...lol

You would never wear pink or an appliqued sweatshirt. ...I probably wouldn't either...:(

You don't know what appliqued is. ...lol

Most of your formative high school sexual experiences took place within the context of a football game. ...:yikes:

You don't know anyone with two first names (i.e.Joe Bob, Billy Bob, Bubba Kay Bob, Bob Bob) ...my character name in my 6th grade play was Billy Bob Bob...

You don't have doilies, and you certainly don't know how to make one. ...don't know how to make em, but we got em!

You've never been to a craft show. ...one a year, unfortunately.

You get freaked out when people on the subway talk to you. ...too normal.

You can't do your laundry without quarters. ...lol.gif

None of your fur coats are homemade. ...don't own a fur coat.

You've never had an RC cola. ...I have, but I wish I hadn't.

The sound of Fran Drescher's voice doesn't bother you. ...AHHHHHHHH kill me.

You've watched the movie Deliverance and you're afraid to go on a camping trip. Ever. ...never seen it, but I think I will now. Camping rules.

You can name at least four hockey teams. ...hey I can name em all! I love hockey.

You wonder why people in restaurants don't talk as loud as you do. ...:doh:

You are familiar with all the rules to Lacrosse. ...played Lacrosse in high school. Does that make me a Yankee? :(

You prefer a bagel over a donut. ...ruh roh, another one. I like donuts, but I like bagels more. :(

You don't know what a Piggly-Wiggly is. ...but how do you get your food?! ;)

You think NASCAR stands for the North American Society for . . .

(something) ...ugh, nascar.

Your idea of a perfect meal is "Lahbsta and Clam Chawdah". ...good food, but I pronounce it correctly.

You use the horn in your car more than once or twice a year. ...my car has a horn?

Everything you know about the Civil War you learned watching TV. ...the South won... ;)

You don't "reckon". ...I reckon I do.

You're not "fixin" to do anything. ...I'm fixin to finish this post.

well I am definitely NOT a Yankee!! :cool:

rural folk are often confused with Southern folk

makes sense because for so long the South was so rural... but in the past few decades the South has rapidly urbanized

rural Northern folk probably have more in common with rural Southern folk than urban Southern folk, but there are distinctly northern/southern characteristics and rural/urban characteristics

:2cents:

well I don't know everything, but I'm pretty sure upstate NY is really a big place that can be entirely captured in my 3 sentenced posts. But whatever you get my point, upstate NY is more rural. Now I don't know if it's like the South or not, but I'm gonna guess that it's not too much like the South. So.... yeah

lol btw the birthplace of the light bulb is in upstate NY..not exactly a rural setting. Yes there are places in NY that are rural...not southern style rural but that would have to do with climate. Your generalizations are a VERY small part of the state....

lol btw the birthplace of the light bulb is in upstate NY..not exactly a rural setting. Yes there are places in NY that are rural...not southern style rural but that would have to do with climate. Your generalizations are a VERY small part of the state....

well dang why don't you educate me

Go you!

that's ok no one likes Jersey kids... course now the popular excuse is "but...but.. I'm from Southern Jersey"

guidos, all of 'em

Not a bit of Guido in me, and proud to have been born and raised in northern new jersey.

South Jersey is Eagles country. I wouldn't stop there unless I had to take a piss or if I had money to burn in AC.

urban northern va and DC are pretty much just like any northern city, but with a southern charm of having more greenery, especially through major roads. It's a good mix for sure.

Also, the people, the southerners have pretty much been forced out. It's a transplant crowd mainly from northeastern areas, but you get people from everywhere. The people for the most part do not act southern on the whole. The diversity of the area pretty much prevents there ever being a "southern" majority.

Sure, it's geographically not the north, but diversity wise, as well as options and various city centers, it may as well be.

My drive from Jersey to Lake Ontario takes me through a MAJORITY of the state, and a majority of that majority is absolutely rural. And farm country is farm country, I know no difference between the farmlands I saw for the 8 hour drive and the ones I've seen in southern states.

There is this misconception that rednecks only exist in the south. I can tell you right now there are absolutely rednecks in New Jersey, as well as far stretches of farmlands. I've met more rednecks in the state of Maine than anywhere else.

Rednecks are everywhere and soon will be after your families!

And I always thought Thomas Edison did all his work in New Jersey? :whoknows:

that's like every other day in the winter! ;)

lol well you see us northerners are gearing up for the end times when the weather goes from one extreme to the other...see we'll be already used to it and will have an easier time to adapt. I mean where else can the morning be below freezing and the afternoon be above 85....(yes this did happen a couple years ago....)

ah yes you are correct...him and a competitor joined and opened their new corporation in Schenectady. sorry my mistake...thought he had already made the move up here by then.

My drive from Jersey to Lake Ontario takes me through a MAJORITY of the state, and a majority of that majority is absolutely rural. And farm country is farm country, I know no difference between the farmlands I saw for the 8 hour drive and the ones I've seen in southern states.

There is this misconception that rednecks only exist in the south. I can tell you right now there are absolutely rednecks in New Jersey, as well as far stretches of farmlands. I've met more rednecks in the state of Maine than anywhere else.

Rednecks are everywhere and soon will be after your families!

So anyplace that is rural and contains rednecks is the South? Also sounds like you need to drive through Mississippi, Louisiana, or Alabama.

lol well you see us northerners are gearing up for the end times when the weather goes from one extreme to the other...see we'll be already used to it and will have an easier time to adapt. I mean where else can the morning be below freezing and the afternoon be above 85....(yes this did happen a couple years ago....)

Sorry to burst you bubble but there is a little state West of the Mississippi called Colorado.

Sorry to burst you bubble but there is a little state West of the Mississippi called Colorado.

lol ok well Colorado is the exception ;) cept that only happens because of the mountains...but we also forgot about the deserts...but then again this was a North South thing you Westerners have more to worry about with Earthquakes and that Yellowstone thing. ;)

Errr.... I think you mean choke every year but 26 of them. ;)

Dude, c'mon. The Yanks have done next to nothing for most of this decade. And don't bring up division titles. If you're the Yanks, you don't play just to win division titles. Yanks, with that enormous payroll, have been a huge disappointment for several years running...

Archived