Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rone-ry, I'm Mr. Rone-ry. I have nobody for my own...

STaylor4ever

Ok bud at 16 i'm a junior. I played varsity ball as a sophmore and started at MLB as a junior. So ur JV joke is umm...Dumb. I didn't call all ideas ignorant jus the ridiculous ones that r saying fix something that isn't a problem wen we obviously have huge needs that have 2 b addressed. And Leinart hasn't became nething in the NFL but at least he was an elite college QB. Booty was a bum in college. So comparing Leinart to Booty is like Elway and Kyle Orton

Just give up bud. That is my only advice to you, and I'm not trying to put you down or anything. That would be the best course of action for you in terms of not continuing the trainwreck that this thread has become.

Ok bud at 16 i'm a junior. I played varsity ball as a sophmore and started at MLB as a junior. So ur JV joke is umm...Dumb. I didn't call all ideas ignorant jus the ridiculous ones that r saying fix something that isn't a problem wen we obviously have huge needs that have 2 b addressed. And Leinart hasn't became nething in the NFL but at least he was an elite college QB. Booty was a bum in college. So comparing Leinart to Booty is like Elway and Kyle Orton

How the hell is comparing Leinart to Booty like comparing Elway to Orton? Let's break it down folks!

Leinart = Benched for the veteran K.Warner

Booty = 1 year pro who didn't play?

Elway = HOF/ Superbowl winner / one of the GREATS

Orton = Bears QB who is inconsistant

so...actually what you meant to say is this.

Comparing Leinart to Booty is like comparing David Carr to Colt Brennan.

Unless you meant that college careers, then I really don't care.

Cassell is nothing special, product of a system. Same as Tom Brady. And dont say I dont know what I'm talking about, I live in the heart of Patriot Country.

You don't know what you're talking about.

I've lived in Boston, Tewksbury, Littleton, MA. I visit up there 8 times a year to visit my father and he's nothing short of a huge Pats fan, along with my family. I'm a huge NFL study dude, along with many people around here and I can tell you that I know what I'm talking about.

Tom Brady is NOT a product of a system. Tom Brady's 1st SUPERBOWL win was a product of a system if you can even call it that. Defense/Special teams at the time won the championship.

Tom Brady has then turned into a mature, playcalling, hall of fame, 3 time superbowl winning quarterback. That's not a system quarterback no matter how you roll the dice. Tom Brady IS the system. They don't need Josh McDaniels, Tom brady made the calls, from a selection of plays he recieves. Arguably, he is the leagues BEST quarterback.

Matt Cassel is very comparable to Tom brady. He is a Patriots QB and played college football. That's it.

Although Cassel put up impressive stats and led his team to a 11-5 season, but they have a ton of talent on that team, especially on offense. They never had that talent (except for some guys on the o-line) since Tom Brady controlled the QB spot. Look who Cassel was throwing to. Cassel is the example of a system, along with an example of a player benefiting from talent around him. Whether he works out in the NFL with another team lies within the future.

For you to say "Cassell is nothing special, product of a system. Same as Tom Brady. And dont say I dont know what I'm talking about, I live in the heart of Patriot Country"

Sounds like what you're saying is "the media and people like to throw around the phrase (system player) and since I live in the new england area and what I consider the (heart of patriot country) I can throw around and use this phrase with importance because I live here. So yea, he's a system QB because he has a great coach...oh and a great coordinator! oh and great players!"

Nope.

You don't know what you're talking about.

I've lived in Boston, Tewksbury, Littleton, MA. I visit up there 8 times a year to visit my father and he's nothing short of a huge Pats fan, along with my family. I'm a huge NFL study dude, along with many people around here and I can tell you that I know what I'm talking about.

Tom Brady is NOT a product of a system. Tom Brady's 1st SUPERBOWL win was a product of a system if you can even call it that. Defense/Special teams at the time won the championship.

Tom Brady has then turned into a mature, playcalling, hall of fame, 3 time superbowl winning quarterback. That's not a system quarterback no matter how you roll the dice. Tom Brady IS the system. They don't need Josh McDaniels, Tom brady made the calls, from a selection of plays he recieves. Arguably, he is the leagues BEST quarterback.

Matt Cassel is very comparable to Tom brady. He is a Patriots QB and played college football. That's it.

Although Cassel put up impressive stats and led his team to a 11-5 season, but they have a ton of talent on that team, especially on offense. They never had that talent (except for some guys on the o-line) since Tom Brady controlled the QB spot. Look who Cassel was throwing to. Cassel is the example of a system, along with an example of a player benefiting from talent around him. Whether he works out in the NFL with another team lies within the future.

For you to say "Cassell is nothing special, product of a system. Same as Tom Brady. And dont say I dont know what I'm talking about, I live in the heart of Patriot Country"

Sounds like what you're saying is "the media and people like to throw around the phrase (system player) and since I live in the new england area and what I consider the (heart of patriot country) I can throw around and use this phrase with importance because I live here. So yea, he's a system QB because he has a great coach...oh and a great coordinator! oh and great players!"

Nope.

Okay, take the Lions, piece of dog crap of a team. Put Brady on it, nothing changes. Dog crap with perfume on it. Brady isn't as good as everyone says he is. Without a second thought, Peyton Manning or Romo sits to pee would be on the list above him for my team. If you put any other quarterback in Brady or Cassel's position they'd succeed. Hell, even you'd succeed if you were throwing to Moss and Welker and had that line blocking for you. Look at Cassel, never started a game in college, and brings the Patriots to an 11-5 season. Just goes to show that any bum can play quarterback for the Patriots and have success.

Which DE should we draft? Anouther stupid question. Does anyone remember the Ends we have? Carter, Taylor, Evans, Rob Jackson (who looked great in Pre-season as a rookie), Chris Wilson, and Alex Buzbee. Thats 6. What we need is a great DT. With a dominant DT we would have a much better defense. look at the top D's. Last year Titans-Haynesworth, Ravens-Ngata, Bears- Haris, etc.

So right now the needs are a OLB, a monster DT, and youth on our OL. Not QB or WR or DE

Rather than insult you, I'm going to come at you with some facts.

DT is a need. You're correct. But to say DE isn't and then list those guys is a bit short sighted.

Jason Taylor - Undersized for our scheme. We are a run stuffinf team first, pass rushing team second. That's just the way the scheme is at the moment. It may be tweaked, but even so, he's only getting older and he still won't be able to play the run very well. On a rotation with Carter, he'd be okay. Playing opposite him, not so much.

Andre Carter - Good, quality starter. Does a good job against the run and with someone on the opposite end of the line to collapse the pocket from the outside in, he's a very capable pass rusher. Our only real starter at DE.

Demetric Evans - Solid backup, good spot starter, not a full time starter. He wants more money to start and he's 30 years old. He's not worth the investment given the returns we've gotten from him. If he was willing to stay for cheap, I'd be all about keeping him. But he wants to get paid. He very well may be on his way out.

Rob Jackson - Looking great in preseason against other rookies/backups isn't much to toot your horn about. I hope this guy pans out. But he didn't see the field in the regular season. That sets off alarms to me, especially with a suspect group of DEs.

Chris Wilson - Good pass rusher. Not so great DE.

Alex Buzbee - Practice squad player for years. Hopefully he becomes a solid contributor for us, but he hasn't proven a thing yet.

We have six DEs at the moment. One of which is a legit starter. Two are solid back ups. Two are completely unproven. One is a pass rusher more in the mold of an OLB than a DE. That screams 'set' to you?

Discussing the drafting of a DE isn't at all out of the question here. When Phillip Daniels was healthy in 2007, he was able to collapse the pocket and as a result Andre Carter recorded ten sacks. We don't have that type of player on our roster at the moment.

DT is a need, however, I don't see many DT prospects that I'm impressed with, honestly. Raji and Jerry both make me nervous. No real reason as to why. I just don't have a good feeling about them.

If we trade down, Raji won't be there anyways. And we should be trading down and looking at other options a bit later in the first round. Tyson Jackson, a DE from LSU, can play DE and DT. He's 6-5 295 and runs a 4.9 40. He's also a big, powerful human being. He's almost perfect for our needs at the moment.

We also need OL, you're also correct there.

I don't agree with alot of the stuff that's posted here. Specifically in regards to drafting a QB (or WR) with the #13 pick. However, instead of insulting people for their opinion, why not try to actually debate it? Makes no sense to me whatsoever that you'd come on here acting like you know everything there is to know and then mindlessly insult people.

Ok. First off some of the things people on this board are saying is STUPID. Draft Mark Sanchez? What r they thinking? How can a good QB do well on this team right now let alone a rookie with BUST all over him. JC may not b the answer but he very well could b with a good line and the development of Thomas and Kelly

Which DE should we draft? Anouther stupid question. Does anyone remember the Ends we have? Carter, Taylor, Evans, Rob Jackson (who looked great in Pre-season as a rookie), Chris Wilson, and Alex Buzbee. Thats 6. What we need is a great DT. With a dominant DT we would have a much better defense. look at the top D's. Last year Titans-Haynesworth, Ravens-Ngata, Bears- Haris, etc.

So right now the needs are a OLB, a monster DT, and youth on our OL. Not QB or WR or DE

I agree with pretty much everything you have said but by addressing the topic like this is only gonna hurt our cause. DT and OL is our biggest need. Period. SLB also but one mediocre lb is not gonna make or break you. DE is gonna be a big need here soon but I would like to give these young guys another year to make their case for the future and I think we are fine with JT, AC, Daniels and Evans in a rotation. I just dont see DE being worth our 1st pick. With a dominant DT I think our scheme can be adjusted to fit our surrounding talent. But if you dont have that cog in the middle there is no adjusting.

DT is a need, however, I don't see many DT prospects that I'm impressed with, honestly. Raji and Jerry both make me nervous. No real reason as to why. I just don't have a good feeling about them.

If we trade down, Raji won't be there anyways. And we should be trading down and looking at other options a bit later in the first round. Tyson Jackson, a DE from LSU, can play DE and DT. He's 6-5 295 and runs a 4.9 40. He's also a big, powerful human being. He's almost perfect for our needs at the moment.

We also need OL, you're also correct there.

I don't agree with alot of the stuff that's posted here. Specifically in regards to drafting a QB (or WR) with the #13 pick. However, instead of insulting people for their opinion, why not try to actually debate it? Makes no sense to me whatsoever that you'd come on here acting like you know everything there is to know and then mindlessly insult people.

Most of your argument holds water but when you say you have a bad feeling on the 2 best DT's in the draft because of a "feeling" but think T. Jackson is worthy of a 1st round pick even though he almost disappeared in what should have been his best year I kind of lost you.

Okay, take the Lions, piece of dog crap of a team. Put Brady on it, nothing changes. Dog crap with perfume on it. Brady isn't as good as everyone says he is. Without a second thought, Peyton Manning or Romo sits to pee would be on the list above him for my team. If you put any other quarterback in Brady or Cassel's position they'd succeed. Hell, even you'd succeed if you were throwing to Moss and Welker and had that line blocking for you. Look at Cassel, never started a game in college, and brings the Patriots to an 11-5 season. Just goes to show that any bum can play quarterback for the Patriots and have success.

Did you really just throw the Lions into the equation? If you put Brady on the Lions, they would be a MUCH improved team. They honestly DON'T have a quarterback. I really hate to be talking about this here, but I'll entertain you.

If you think for one moment that Brady is comparable to Cassel and that they're "bums" and that "bums" can play the QB position in New England, then I would seriously have to wonder before reading anymore of your posts.

Cassel is a product of the draft, a player who could move along the offense in their system with some help from good talent and great coaching. Brady is kind of different. Brady was scouted well, and they took a try on him in the draft. He was a skinny, nothing special QB, but he had brains. Brady picks his plays, rolls the offense, and what some like to call "move the chains". Cassel, could very well be a ONE YEAR WONDER, whereas Brady, is the star for life in this league. He is HOF bound whether you like it or not, and for you to describe him as a bum is just plain ignorance.

I understand you live in the Boston area and all, but that doesn't give you a special voice in this case as pointed out before. Brady is legit. Cassel is a question mark.

Archived