Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rone-ry, I'm Mr. Rone-ry. I have nobody for my own...

STaylor4ever

Rather than insult you, I'm going to come at you with some facts.

DT is a need. You're correct. But to say DE isn't and then list those guys is a bit short sighted.

Jason Taylor - Undersized for our scheme. We are a run stuffinf team first, pass rushing team second. That's just the way the scheme is at the moment. It may be tweaked, but even so, he's only getting older and he still won't be able to play the run very well. On a rotation with Carter, he'd be okay. Playing opposite him, not so much.

Andre Carter - Good, quality starter. Does a good job against the run and with someone on the opposite end of the line to collapse the pocket from the outside in, he's a very capable pass rusher. Our only real starter at DE.

Demetric Evans - Solid backup, good spot starter, not a full time starter. He wants more money to start and he's 30 years old. He's not worth the investment given the returns we've gotten from him. If he was willing to stay for cheap, I'd be all about keeping him. But he wants to get paid. He very well may be on his way out.

Rob Jackson - Looking great in preseason against other rookies/backups isn't much to toot your horn about. I hope this guy pans out. But he didn't see the field in the regular season. That sets off alarms to me, especially with a suspect group of DEs.

Chris Wilson - Good pass rusher. Not so great DE.

Alex Buzbee - Practice squad player for years. Hopefully he becomes a solid contributor for us, but he hasn't proven a thing yet.

We have six DEs at the moment. One of which is a legit starter. Two are solid back ups. Two are completely unproven. One is a pass rusher more in the mold of an OLB than a DE. That screams 'set' to you?

Discussing the drafting of a DE isn't at all out of the question here. When Phillip Daniels was healthy in 2007, he was able to collapse the pocket and as a result Andre Carter recorded ten sacks. We don't have that type of player on our roster at the moment.

DT is a need, however, I don't see many DT prospects that I'm impressed with, honestly. Raji and Jerry both make me nervous. No real reason as to why. I just don't have a good feeling about them.

If we trade down, Raji won't be there anyways. And we should be trading down and looking at other options a bit later in the first round. Tyson Jackson, a DE from LSU, can play DE and DT. He's 6-5 295 and runs a 4.9 40. He's also a big, powerful human being. He's almost perfect for our needs at the moment.

We also need OL, you're also correct there.

I don't agree with alot of the stuff that's posted here. Specifically in regards to drafting a QB (or WR) with the #13 pick. However, instead of insulting people for their opinion, why not try to actually debate it? Makes no sense to me whatsoever that you'd come on here acting like you know everything there is to know and then mindlessly insult people.

I'm not saying we don't need a DE at all i'm sayin we have much bigger needs. Right now we could put any DE in the league and we would not become any better on defense. We might not have pro-bowl ends but they get the job done. If we added a great DT our DEs would look a lot better and idk about any of the rookie DT but Haynesworth would b a great fit and instantly improve our D. He'd b a lot of money but i think he'd b worth it. and rob jackson got some time starting at DE in the preseason and played well against starting OT. Him not playing doesn't alarm me cuz we usually don't play rookies unless we have to like with Horton

Most of your argument holds water but when you say you have a bad feeling on the 2 best DT's in the draft because of a "feeling" but think T. Jackson is worthy of a 1st round pick even though he almost disappeared in what should have been his best year I kind of lost you.

You weren't supposed to just say "Oh yes, he doesn't have a good feeling, I completely understand now!". That's why I said I have no real reason. I really just don't have a good feeling on them. I guess you can say my feeling is based on watching them play a little bit, and how I just don't see the monster DT that so many people believe either one can be.

I don't see them as worth the #13 pick, and I don't see Jerry as being worthy of a pick once we trade down. The intangibles are there, I suppose. I just don't like what they bring to the table. If we're drafting a DT at #13, he better damn well be an absolute monster. Based on watching a few of his games, I don't think Raji is.

Meanwhile, after watching T. Jack, I think he fits what we need in a DE more than I think Raji fits what we need in a tackle. He didn't disappear, either. Not getting sacks doesn't mean the guy isn't doing his job. That's a major misconception around here that needs to be taken out back and shot a couple million times.

He may not have disappeared but for someone to not even improve their draft stock from their junior to senior year is a bit alarming and his motor has been questioned which isnt what you wanna hear for someone who is not gonna rack up alot of stats. On top of this if both Crabree and Heyward-Bey are both gone at 18 like I suspect they will be I think the Bears will probaly take Tyson. He's not worth 13 and I wouldnt take him over Jerry. Im not really sure why you dont think Raji fits what we need.

Ignorant? Really?

"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this [thread] is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Archived