Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Beating myself up day.. updated

Burgold

believe me. I patted those presents down thoroughly. My mind just wasn't processing the tape rolls right beside me. Sad day, but funny later on and a decent description of what MS can do to one's senses. Of course most people will have an incident like I had and be justified in righting it off a fluky stupidity. For me it's just a symptom that happens a little more often...like most minor MS annoyances.

The minor one jsut lives with and laughs at. That's what life is for, to give us some interesting stories if only in our own heads.

That sucks Bro. I lost mine about a month ago. I went with my buddy to a club and then to Waffle House for late night breakfast.

I was sure it had to be one of those two places.

Fortunately my buddy is one of the bartenders at the club. I called him up and he checked. Someone had turned it in and nothing at all was missing or used. I kept hoping it would turn up and checked my cards everyday...nothing was being used so I was sure it was found, or I had put it somewhere that I normally don't, so I didn't cancel anything.

Talk about a sigh of relief.

Good luck.

Well, apparently the wallet was found by a clerk and he put in the mail to me yesterday. So, all will have a somewhat happy ending. I don't know exactly what state it's in, but getting it back makes me happier even if it turns out a few things are missing.

Now, I feel better that I was an idiot even though the story won't fully resolve for a few days.

No kidding Burgy, you start the threads, I one up u in a post. lol. j/k I'm sorry you lost your wallet. I did that 2 christmas's ago and wanted to shoot myself having to cancel all the credit cards, etc. It's a pain in the ass, I really hope you find yours. :)

My ring, it's gone. I left it by the sink in a bathroom in a hotel in west Hollywood. I'd washed my hands and taken off the ring like I always do when I was my hands. Normally, I put it right back on afterward, but I was rushed and everything was confusing and I just ran the hell out of there, whitout my ring. Realized it at the end of the night, looked, talked to security, no one had turned it in. I'm not surprised, I'm sure it was pawned off to someone to get a nice little supply of drugs down there. Anyway, I'm just really, really, really pissed at myself for being carless. I am always losing rings, watches, sunglasses, hats, anything, but this is the one thing that really, really hurts me. I don't deserve for Matt to be so nice to me, so even the fact that he is makes me feel worse...STOOOOPID KATIE

The best way to find something down a drain is to get underneath and take off that bendy pipe thing. I forget what it's called. Anyway, it's hard to see anything even with a flashlight and if you take the pipe out you can be sure one way or another.

If you live anywhere near there, checking the pawn shops might be a good idea. Pretty likely they would still have it.

that's called the trap.

Bumping this since Katie hasn't posted since.

I agree with the above. Go back to that room with a wrench and some plumber's goop. If it fell in the drain, it's in the trap. It's worth a shot.

If that doesn't work, talk to the manager, get the name of whoever cleaned the room. Find out where they live. Go to the neighborhood pawn shop.

That's worth a shot too.

I have two kids.. and 1000.00 worth of glasses over the last 4 years.

they need to put a remote beeper on those damn things.

Same here. Two kids. One day we empty thier pockets and we find my wifes diamond Tag watch, a wedding band, and one diamond earring. The kids were 4 and 3, so needless to say they have short memories.

We ended up finding the the diamond solitaire ring, but still never found the other diamond earring.

Ooooh. Shiney objects....cool.

Lesson learned.

Well, apparently the wallet was found by a clerk and he put in the mail to me yesterday. So, all will have a somewhat happy ending. I don't know exactly what state it's in, but getting it back makes me happier even if it turns out a few things are missing.

Now, I feel better that I was an idiot even though the story won't fully resolve for a few days.

I've lost my wallet twice and was returned to me by people that have found it with nothing missing

people don't always suck

Hey MTH - Thanks for bumping the thread with your advice, I do appreciate it. :D

The hotel we were having dinner at in Hollywood has been really nice and have called me 3 days since to update be. The looked through their lost and found, no go. Waited a day, looked through it again, still nothing. And then I asked them to check the sink even though I didn't think that it had been knock down the sink. They actually called in a plumber and took the sink thingy apart for me which I appreciated so much; they didn't have to go through all that for me. As I suspected, they didn't find anything so what I figure is that I took it off while washing my hands, started yapping with my girlfriends, and forgot in as we left. Probably got swiped and pawned or sold. I''m unable to hit up the pawn shops at this point so that sucks.

The main thing though is that Matt was never mad at me, he never gets mad at me for some reason. Mistakes happe, one of the reasons we ae both against getting really expensive rigns for either of us....we're morons when it come to losing this. Anyway, it'll get workedk out before the wedding, mayby pick up some over her in east europe, that might be fun.

Burgold, I am glad to here your story turned out for the better. Ive had many kind strangers send back stuff that belongs to me with no problem. There truly are a lot of kind, good people in this world, so I'm glad one of them took over your case :D

Well, I received the wallet in the mail. It was basically intact in terms of cards and such, but someone helped themselves to all my cash. I'm neither surprised nor angry.

My Guess - you left it at a Redskin team function. Danny found it. End of story.

Archived