Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Big 4 OL Will Not Be Gone Before We Pick

Chiefinonhaze

This is something I can almost guarantee. A lot of people on here feel that they will be gone before we pick, but I don't see it likely. By the time the Draft rolls around, there will be plenty of workout warriors that slide into the top 15.

I actually checked the last 5 or 6 drafts to see if there ever was 4 OL picked in the top 13. The most OL drafted by the 13th pick was 2, and I think in 2002 or 2003 there were 3. But many of them had only 1 OL selected in the top 13, so this leads me to believe one of them should be there if not more when we pick.

This is something I can almost guarantee. A lot of people on here feel that they will be gone before we pick, but I don't see it likely. By the time the Draft rolls around, there will be plenty of workout warriors that slide into the top 15.

I actually checked the last 5 or 6 drafts to see if there ever was 4 OL picked in the top 13. The most OL drafted by the 13th pick was 2, and I think in 2002 or 2003 there were 3. But many of them had only 1 OL selected in the top 13, so this leads me to believe one of them should be there if not more when we pick.

Wow, an 'almost guarantee' on a message board, that's worth something! :cool:

It's not really a big 4 anyways... Oher has a ton of questions that would preclude us taking him at #13. We just better pray that Orapko is still there at 13!

Is there still a "big four"? Or is it the "big three", with Oher next in line? If we don't address o-line in FA, I would have to go with Oher, who might still be there.

Scout.com linked on Foxsports.com now has Oher going #2. Not that this really means anything...shows the range of mock drafts

I don't think there is that much between the 4 OTs, and if Oher fell to 13 I would be dancing around like a 7th grader at a disco! We would be very unlucky if one of the following didn't happen

1) a top 4 OT is available

2) a Beasty DT/DE is available

3) Teams want to trade with us as a player maybe Sanchez has slid down the board

So I'm fairly happy with how we're set (apart from wanting more draft picks). But i really don't understand the draft linebacker in first round talk, HB Blades has done well when he's stepped in, and the postion is not as crucial a need as D/O line

You can't guarantee anything about the draft right now. It's still early and the combine has not even started. The wild card is Al Davis and the Oakland selection. If they do not select an Olineman, there's a very good chance Oher or one of the Smiths will fall to our spot. However, if Oakland DOES selects one of the Olineman, you are absolutely right and they will be all gone before our pick.

I think this is a great topic and I think it is going to be right on the cusp, if we get a top tier guy at 13...

But every year, a team reaches and if we get one team to reach, I think we get a solid pick...the things we are missing are stud RB's and QB's who generally take up a few spots in the top ten...also CB's however I did hear that Jenkins kid is going to be great though...

Man I love the draft though!

i see one of them going #2 to STL, possibly another going #6 to Cinci, and maybe the final one going #8 to JAX. Theres always the possibility that Davis gets some brains and gets one for the raiders at 7, but i think Michael Oher will be available at 13 for us, the others should probably be gone.

Like all other sports, the NFL tries to mimic success when some team finds it. The "worst to somewhere a lot closer to first" exhibited by Miami has a lot of people thinking about last year's selection of OT Jake Long. Don't be surprised if Detroit doesn't use both of their picks on OL, especially after going with the BPA WR 5 times.

I haven't seen a mock draft yet that gets more than 5 of the 32 first round picks right.

I feel like Oher is likely to be the biggest bust among the offensive tackles and I'm really against taking him as opposed to the other tackles, Orakpo, Raji, or trading down if he's the only one left. I'm definitely in the Jason Smith wagon at this point...

Last year 7 teams drafted OT in the first round. Houston even traded up in the late first to draft Duane Brown, who had a 3rd round grade by some scouts.

Miami improved a lot, same with Denver, Atlanta, and Carolina. Chicago is still very high on their OT, Chris Williams.

Detroit, St. Louis, Seattle, Cinci, Oakland, Jacksonville, Packers, and 49ers could all draft an OT.

Detroit, St. Louis, Cinci, Oakland, and Jacksonville are the most likely to draft an OT.

Seattle, Packers, 49ers would draft one if the players they're targeting are picked before them. Yes, I know the Packers OT's are still good, but they're getting older, free agency is coming up, they don't want to break the bank on old Tackles. Tauscher, the RT, is already 32, just tore his ACL. Chad Clifton, the LT, is a free agent next year and is also old.

Guys it is ok. Eben Britton is really really good and he is underrated because he is a junior and he doesn't have too much experience at LT. I personally feel that he will have an awesome combine and jump into the top 20.

I'd venture to say he's a little overrated. He's a little too slow to guard speed ends, and we've got lots in the NFC East. He's projecting over to RT at the pro level, where they say he'll be pretty successful.

Do we want to spend #13 on a RT?

Archived