Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Big 4 OL Will Not Be Gone Before We Pick

Chiefinonhaze

THIS THREAD IS REDICULOUS!

The Big Four? There are ONLY 4 offensive linemen in the draft?

If you want a learning experience, go back and watch some film on the Skins last season. There are HUGE problems with center and right guard, so I believe a guard or center will be available somewhere in the draft. Running the football and pass protection begins UP THE MIDDLE because its the shortest distance to the QB or the ball carrier.

THIS THREAD IS REDICULOUS!

The Big Four? There are ONLY 4 offensive linemen in the draft?

If you want a learning experience, go back and watch some film on the Skins last season. There are HUGE problems with center and right guard, so I believe a guard or center will be available somewhere in the draft. Running the football and pass protection begins UP THE MIDDLE because its the shortest distance to the QB or the ball carrier.

This I agree with. I don't think our OT situation is as bad as we're making it seem, that said, I'd love for one of the big 4 OT's to come in and start at RT and get a solid G in the third round to start in the middle.

I'd venture to say he's a little overrated. He's a little too slow to guard speed ends, and we've got lots in the NFC East. He's projecting over to RT at the pro level, where they say he'll be pretty successful.

Do we want to spend #13 on a RT?

I disagree. He is extremely athletic and definitely has the athleticism to play LT. What he needs to work on is footwork, which is completely doable under Buges. I think context also hurts him. He played on a bad Arizona State line so people think he is subpar, but he still did not have a penalty most of the year and rarely gave up a sack.

I would still like to stress the fact that we need to trade down no matter who is available at 13. We need to at least recover a 2nd round pick.

Oher looks to me like he could be a potential bust. He doesn't play up to his potential. He has intelligence and character concerns. I think he will fall like a rock come draft day. He will be a first round pick but i think he will fall into the 20's.

Lets say we trade down to 20 or so and still able to grab Oher. Then with our 2nd round pick we can take a guard, defensive linemen, or linebacker.

Archived