Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alright fellow online Madden players. It's time we have a heart to heart discussion.

Sweet Sassy Molassy

I know some of you play Madden online, and while I hope none of you are like some of the online players I've encountered, I think its time we have this discussion.

There will come a time in your life where you'll be playing a ranked game, and you'll be getting your ass handed to you and pretty sure you're going to lose. But please, whatever you do, take the ass-kicking like a man. Don't go b-move style and quit, especially if you're playing a ranked game. I hate quitters in ranked games, totally ruins the competitive spirit of playing ranked, go unranked if you think that's going to happen or don't play at all.

I played a game the other day where this dude and I went back and forth, it was a great game. I had taken a 24 - 21 lead with about a minute left in the game. He was trying to move the ball down field and I got a pick to ice the game with 20 seconds left. He requests a friendly quit, I declined it. WTF? I mean it's different if you have to leave and there are 3 qtrs left and you can't finish the game, then by all means Friendly Quit is fair. But with 20 seconds, when all I'm going to do is kneel the ball and run out the clock, Friendly Quit is not appropriate. Anyway, after I decline it, I ran my next play to get a first and nullify any TOs he had left and with 12 seconds left he goes and quits. I just finished the game against the comp and left him with the loss anyway.

Just now I played a guy (Packers - Skins), I get the ball first, moved it downfield and in typical Redskins fashion, end up kicking a FG to go up 3 - 0. He then gets the ball and is trying to move the ball. He's got some good movement going. He tries to run a crossing pattern, which I sniffed out with Landry. He tries to throw the ball to Jennings who I had manually covered with Landry. I user pick the dude, which I was all excited about. And he quits. WTF? C'mon people are you that weak that so early in the game you quit when things don't go your way?

Seriously, those of you who play online to me a favor, don't play ranked if you can't take a loss. Don't get me wrong, I've had to quit games before, but if I'm playing and I think I may quit for whatever reason, I try to do the right thing and play an unranked game.

i hate people that JUST run the hurry up...if you're one of those people F you

I don't know. The Hurry Up offense is part of the game. I use it from time-to-time when I need a change of pace during the game. I don't do it all the time. But I like to mix my style of play up in order to keep my opponent on their toes. The hurry up does that.

It's not like the person is doing something cheap like lining up their DE outside of the tackle to trick the AI, or things like that.

I don't know. The Hurry Up offense is part of the game. I use it from time-to-time when I need a change of pace during the game. I don't do it all the time. But I like to mix my style of play up in order to keep my opponent on their toes. The hurry up does that.

It's not like the person is doing something cheap like lining up their DE outside of the tackle to trick the AI, or things like that.

yeah i dunno i just had a bad experience with marion barber evading 2-3 defenders in the backfield all game for some reason...i dunno its not really my thing...its easy to stop but against some backs like AP/MBIII it gets kinda cheesy

I love when I'll be losing in the final minute, but I'll drive down the field to kick the game winning field goal, and when my opponent sees it going through, they'll quit. It's where the connection is lost, so I don't get anything. It really pisses me off, and it's happened so many times, I quit playing online.

i hate people that JUST run the hurry up...if you're one of those people F you

Heck...OU did that all regular season lol

I wish I had Madden on console , all I have is my dominance over the computer on PC on All-Pro :( One weird thing , I was playing Inauguration Day against Chicago in the NFC Championship game , and Chicago throws a 70 yard hail mary with 8 seconds left to win the NFC. :silly:

I think my online record is like 4-17. I've taken many beatings like a man. I don't own Madden anymore (or I lost it) but I'd love to get online and play again.

The sweet isn't as sweet if you don't taste the sour first. Those 4 victories were like the ****ing Super Bowl to me.

I've won two straight online , until then I had a losing streak. One of those losses I decided to let the other guy win lol

I think my online record is like 4-17. I've taken many beatings like a man. I don't own Madden anymore (or I lost it) but I'd love to get online and play again.

The sweet isn't as sweet if you don't taste the sour first. Those 4 victories were like the ****ing Super Bowl to me.

Archived