Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"If Roethlisberger didn't get hurt, Redskins could be in SB XLIII "

SKINchiefer

Why do people stretch so much to find possible correlations for this team? Last summer, all we heard was 'The Skins ALWAYS win the Super Bowl the year after the Giants do!'. Well, that streak has now ended.

Now we hear about how the Vikings fell apart in the latter half of the season to end up 8-8 a couple of years ago and used that as a springboard to future success.

Funny how people rarely mention that the Lions went 6-2 in 2007, ended up 8-8, kept the organizational structure in place, and went 0-16 the next season...

Why do people stretch so much to find possible correlations for this team? Last summer, all we heard was 'The Skins ALWAYS win the Super Bowl the year after the Giants do!'. Well, that streak has now ended.

Now we hear about how the Vikings fell apart in the latter half of the season to end up 8-8 a couple of years ago and used that as a springboard to future success.

Funny how people rarely mention that the Lions went 6-2 in 2007, ended up 8-8, kept the organizational structure in place, and went 0-16 the next season...

Actually the fact that the Skins are being compared to the Lions and the Bengals is the exact reason that I brought up the comparison to the Vikings.

We can be compared to every team in the league. But the thing about fans is that we will only see what we want to see. If we want to be optimistic, we will look at the comparisons and try to find every reason to see our glass as half full. if we want to be pessimistic, we will look at the comparisons and try to find every reason to see our glass as half empty.

I'm not nearly as pessimistic as I was a few years ago. But I'm not nearly as optimistic as say Oldfan. I think we're an average team that has some work to do. But it seems like thats not enough for some of the pessimistic fans here. They want me to say that everything about our team is horrible and that until our owner sells the team we will be the same as the Lions. I just don't believe that.

I'm not nearly as pessimistic as I was a few years ago. But I'm not nearly as optimistic as say Oldfan. I think we're an average team that has some work to do. But it seems like thats not enough for some of the pessimistic fans here. They want me to say that everything about our team is horrible and that until our owner sells the team we will be the same as the Lions. I just don't believe that.

I agree. But, this is an average team that needs more work that it's willing to admit, and still has not shown that it is capable of doing the work that is necessary.

I agree. But, this is an average team that needs more work that it's willing to admit, and still has not shown that it is capable of doing the work that is necessary.

See, like it or not, last year's draft gave me some hopes for Vinny. I think he addressed one of our needs last year (although WR was not our deepest need) while at the same time investing in draft picks. That gives me some hope that maybe he has learned something or that he wasn't as involved in the past as he's often criticized for. I'll admit that the Davis pick and the Taylor trade kinda irked me, but I'm hoping (PRAYING) that it doesn't happen again.

I don't think we are in a position where every position needs to be addressed this offseason. I don't think we need every position on the OL or the DL to be addressed this offseason. I'd just like to see more players brought in to compete for starting spots. We have talent on this roster and need more.

We finished 8-8, (1.5 games out of second place in our division). Thats not a lot to brag about, but its not like we need to start all over again. I'd like to see us stick with another coach for a few years and see how he develops as a coach. Does he learn from his previous mistakes? Can he tell Snyder and Vinny "no"? Can he develop a QB? Can he improve our offense?

These are questions that haven't been answered. And I'm taking a wait and see approach to this offseason. If that means I'm wearing blinders to some fans, then I guess they won't like my logic (or my screen name).

See, like it or not, last year's draft gave me some hopes for Vinny. I think he addressed one of our needs last year (although WR was not our deepest need) while at the same time investing in draft picks. That gives me some hope that maybe he has learned something or that he wasn't as involved in the past as he's often criticized for. I'll admit that the Davis pick and the Taylor trade kinda irked me, but I'm hoping (PRAYING) that it doesn't happen again.

My concern is that Vinny's picks last year could not get on the field to replace any of the starters on what was a struggling offense. Only 1 in 10 of his overall picks showed anything...and next year there are only 4.

Sure, the others might improve, but there is no indication of it at this point. It is simply wishful thinking.

My concern is that Vinny's picks last year could not get on the field to replace any of the starters on what was a struggling offense. Only 1 in 10 of his overall picks showed anything...and next year there are only 4.

Sure, the others might improve, but there is no indication of it at this point. It is simply wishful thinking.

I don't see how you can say its simply wishful thinking when this league is full of players who do not perform well in their rookie years and then go on to have a really good second year. The thing that has me the most concerned is Kelly's knees.

But again, I'm in a wait-and-see attitude. I'm not going to try to predict the future of this team. Miss Cleo is not my mom, and neither is Deionne Warrick.

We'll see what happens if the draft class doesn't pan out. It may mean the end of the Vinny era. It may also mean the end of the Zorn era. But even then I won't take an attitude of "we are the Lions" or an attitude of "now we can finally be the Patriots". I'll stay in my middle of the road, not too high, not too low, attitude.

There you go again with that 'wishful thinking'. We don't know WHY they couldn't get on the field. We do know that we have a coaching staff that has a history of not wanting to play rookies (Sean Taylor, Rocky McIntosh, Chris Horton). We also have a bunch of guys who are Gibbs guys and Gibbs stated how he was against rookies.

But if you've made up your mind that the draft class is full of busts, then thats your opinion. Its not mine. I'm more willing to give them time and see what happens in their second year.

But if you've made up your mind that the draft class is full of busts, then thats your opinion. Its not mine. I'm more willing to give them time and see what happens in their second year.

I haven't made up my mind. But on the field, at this point, they are.

As I said before, ALL draft picks in the history of the NFL are busts until they prove otherwise. These players have not proven otherwise.

I haven't made up my mind. But on the field, at this point, they are.

As I said before, ALL draft picks in the history of the NFL are busts until they prove otherwise. These players have not proven otherwise.

All draft picks are busts until they prove otherwise? Shouldn't you wait until after the rooks have tried to prove themselves after being given reasonable playing time?

But I know. TomAHto, tomAYto, right?

Archived