Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Could You be Happy if the Skins only Scored 48 points next year??

Riggodrill44

I need to add that they give up 0 in a 16 game schedule.This is really aimed

at the Cambell bashers.So the Skins go 16-0,would that make you happy?

What we need is a GREAT defense.right now we have a good one.

Would you be happy if our place kicker only hit 1 of 4 fg a game?Again though we go 16-0.Just want to say we don't need a new QB,K.

We need better OL and DL.It's that easy.

Would you be happy if our place kicker only hit 1 of 4 fg a game?Again though we go 16-0.Just want to say we don't need a new QB,K.

We need better OL and DL.It's that easy.

I'm pretty sure I know what you're getting at... but NOBODY will be happy with a kicker with 25% accuracy. We could be up by 20 and I'd be furious with a missed 30 yarder. Also, even a GREAT defense will tire out real fast if the offense produces nothing but 3-and-outs. No defense is perfect and a cruddy QB can lead to pick-6's which isn't on the defense anyway. The point of football is to score more points than the other team....which requires players who can do so. (I am by no means a JC basher)

It really is.I think alot of fans make football harder than it is.Control the lines you win the game.

And 1 new lineman on each side will allow us to suddenly control the lines? Please...

I hate to say it, but this team has quite a bit it needs to do before it can be a serious contender.

And what sucks is that it's going to get worse before it gets better.

Could you not be happy if the Redskins didn't score 48 points next season before this one? What if the defense didn't give up 0 points to the defense of the other team's offense?

What if we didn't have Vinny Cerrato but did make bad picks and aren't drafting O linemen? How about Daniel Snyder who isn't the owner of their team and Cerrato is the GM?

Grammar good is for you.

I could be happy if people stopped making moronic threads.

Sorry if this was over your head.Football is simple.You have to CONTROL the lines.There is no two ways about it.If you want to win games in the NFL you need superior line play.Doesn't matter who the QB is.

I take it you wouldn't be happy the Skins go 16-0 because????What?

And 1 new lineman on each side will allow us to suddenly control the lines? Please...

I hate to say it, but this team has quite a bit it needs to do before it can be a serious contender.

And what sucks is that it's going to get worse before it gets better.

That I agree with.We need to get serious about our lines.1 draft is not enough.This has to be a priority for the next 3 years.

That I agree with.We need to get serious about our lines.1 draft is not enough.This has to be a priority for the next 3 years.

Trying to draft or pick up a cheap FA linemen should be a priority every year. You are always gonna have your busts, so you keep trying to draft your talent and hope that enough of them turn into quality players so you can be good.

I'm pretty sure I know what you're getting at... but NOBODY will be happy with a kicker with 25% accuracy. We could be up by 20 and I'd be furious with a missed 30 yarder. Also, even a GREAT defense will tire out real fast if the offense produces nothing but 3-and-outs. No defense is perfect and a cruddy QB can lead to pick-6's which isn't on the defense anyway. The point of football is to score more points than the other team....which requires players who can do so. (I am by no means a JC basher)

You know the Skins won 3 Superbowls with 3 different QB's.Want to know how Gibbs did that and nobody else did?Superior line play,boith sides of the ball.

Trying to draft or pick up a cheap FA linemen should be a priority every year. You are always gonna have your busts, so you keep trying to draft your talent and hope that enough of them turn into quality players so you can be good.

Yes this is true.What the Skins biggest problem is, is the owner.He likes flash over substance.Look at the trade for Jason Taylor.We had an injury and Danny just couldn't help himself.We NEEDED that pick but Danny WANTED Taylor.Basic stuff you learn growing up.Needs and wants.

Yes this is true.What the Skins biggest problem is, is the owner.He likes flash over substance.Look at the trade for Jason Taylor.We had an injury and Danny just couldn't help himself.We NEEDED that pick but Danny WANTED Taylor.Basic stuff you learn growing up.Needs and wants.

I actually don't blame him for picking up Taylor (even though it turned out to be worthless). We had a playoff season last year, and when Daniels went down Danny felt, correctly, that we needed to pick up a replacement for him fast so we could still compete and try to make the playoffs.

I also think that Taylor would have done better this year if we wasn't slowed by numerous freak injuries throughout the year.

But right now not having that 2nd rounder certainly hurts.

I don't understand the confusion.If the Skins scored 48 point....3 a game and won every game would you be happy?

Yes - And I would still think we needed a new QB.

I would be happy if before every game, the other team got the flu for 16 games straight and we won.....

Since neither will happen - this thread is worthless.

Yes - You have to control the line - AND you need a qb that, when he has time, makes good passes!

We should aim to look more like the Steelers. They are ultimately balanced. With a healthy Rashard next year and Parker getting back healthy, they add the running dimension along with their fairly explosive vertical game. They've got every intangible on their roster especially at the skill positions, the qb spot included, and on the entire defense. We should strive to be a complete team not a team that hopes they have a 2000 Ravens type defense next year. We don't have that type of D right now and I don't see us being that dominant on defense next year unless Ed Reed and Ngata are coming in '09 :(

Even if we acquire Albert Haynesworth or whatever, I still see us being a top ten D but not one that creates scores off of turnovers consistently. There just aren't many of those defenses in the league. The Ravens truly are in a league of their own. We can't rely on one dimension when we're so weak at the other two phases of our total team. We need a lot of help whether you all realize it or not. I'm not saying that we won't improve greatly in '09, but no one can deny we need a lot of improvement at many spots on this team.

Your question is ridiculous. What good is there in examining a situation where we give up 0 points in a year? And win by scoring only 48...?

Fail just isn't a good enough word for this thread. We need to come up with a new description:

Failtastic?

Maxifail?

Failicious?

:doh:

Wait...I know!

This thread is "Cerrato".

_

_

Archived