Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Depressing thought about our role in the NFC East

SkinsNumberOne

The NFC East is officially the toughest division in the NFC. There wasn't much doubt to me anyway, but look no further than the last 2 years of playoffs for the proof.

Two #1 seeds lost to two NFC East teams. In both games, you had NFC East #1 seeds getting knocked off.

Giants beat Cowboys last year.

Eagles beat Giants this year.

Sad that there is only one team not represented in earning respect for the toughest division in football. All we can say (and it's true, but obviously not that happy) is that playing in the toughest division always gives us the hardest road to travel.

NFC East teams that make it to the playoffs are by far the most ready to succeed in the postseason, since they play against playoff caliber teams the most just by virtue of the division.

ALL THAT SAID - GO CARDS next week.

how many Super Bowls have the teams in the NFC South won cumulatively in their histories? :)

NFC East has 11 Lombardi Trophies.

NFC South benefited from playing the AFC West and NFC Central teams this year.

the Redskins with all their warts would probably have been 11-5 as Atlanta was playing a schedule that included the Raiders, Chiefs and Broncos.

how many Super Bowls have the teams in the NFC South won cumulatively in their histories? :)

the Redskins with all their warts would probably have been 11-5 as Atlanta was playing a schedule that included the Raiders, Chiefs and Broncos.

Living in the past, huh? That's always fun. The Skins don't have much a role in the NFC East other than making sure the division has 4 teams.

Frankly, I doubt the Skins have the ability to beat those teams you mentioned. The Chiefs would be a maybe.

You mean 5-11? The Skins really handled their easy portion of the schedule this year. They sure put a whooping on teams they were supposed to beat like the Rams and Bengals.

How do you define toughest? The NFC South has more wins.

The NFC South is officially overrated for this season. Tampa bombed out against Oakland, and then everyone else ended up being one and out against the Cards, for goodness sake.

I think they were right at the beginning of the season: the NFC East is the toughest division.

Wanna know something else?

The Redskins started the season 6-2 and ended it only winning 2 more games. We all know that. However, 3 of those 8 loses were to the Cincinnati Bengals, St. Louis Rams, and San Fransisco 49ers. The Redskins should of been 11-5 and had a playoff berth.

Despite what everybody(including me) wish what would of happened. It didn't. We only got ourselves to blame.

It's really just sad to look back on the season and say if we beat those 3 pathetic teams we would of been 11-5 and gotten to the playoffs...d*mn...

Wanna know something else?

The Redskins started the season 6-2 and ended it only winning 2 more games. We all know that. However, 3 of those 8 loses were to the Cincinnati Bengals, St. Louis Rams, and San Fransisco 49ers. The Redskins should of been 11-5 and had a playoff berth.

Despite what everybody(including me) wish what would of happened. It didn't. We only got ourselves to blame.

It's really just sad to look back on the season and say if we beat those 3 pathetic teams we would of been 11-5 and gotten to the playoffs...d*mn...

You can't really say that, because by the butterfly affect applied to football, you can't just take Ls and replace them with Ws and assume everything else happens the same.

We beat the Eagles late this year in a close one. Perhaps for a variety of reasons if our earlier games end differently against the Bengals and Rams, we lose that one.

You just never know. All we know is that we finished last in the division, and the last two years while we've hovered around the "average" line on a league-standpoint, in the toughest division in football that doesn't come close to cutting it. In the worst divisions, we could be a playoff team and a division winner with the same record. But them's the breaks.

Living in the past, huh? That's always fun. The Skins don't have much a role in the NFC East other than making sure the division has 4 teams.

Frankly, I doubt the Skins have the ability to beat those teams you mentioned. The Chiefs would be a maybe.

Wow wonder what kinda of detriot fan you would make?

NFC South is over-rated. They don't come close to the NFC East. Both of their playoff teams this year got beat by the CARDINALS. As far as our place in the NFC East? We've been 3-3 in our division the past two years, so we hold our ground. However, we fail at putting bad teams away. Heck, we fail at putting any team away. Last year we almost lost to 1-15 miami on the first week. We also came close to losing to the 4-12 jets.

Oh really? When we fall to such "powerhouses" as the Rams, Bengals, and 49'ers? I think the 2008 Redskins would be a steaming pile of poo no matter what division they played in.

As it turns out, the Skins were a lot closer to being there than everyone thought.

Well, hell, we made the playoffs last year and probably would have had a home game or something if we had simply made a change under center a lot earlier.

But instead, MORE PATIENCE from those who attribute our playoff run to everything BUT the guy under center.

Maybe another decade and Jason will finally not collapse the last several games of his season (0-4 last year, 2-6 in 2008.)

I keep harping on it because it REALLY is that simple. If we kept Saunders in place, started Collins or even started Campbell and went to Collins later in the season, I think we'd have made the playoffs and possibly competed against the Giants this year. Our team is NOT THAT BAD and mediocre teams all of a sudden are the teams that make the Conference title games.

Well, every division has its turd, and we are it.

Everyone wants to talk about the big bad NFC East but yet when we had our chance to go knock off Seattle in 2005 and 2007 we got stuffed.

I'm just getting increasingly pissed watching these playoffs unfold. The first game next week will involve the Eagles and the second game will probably involve the Steelers. Yay.

Any good movies that I can go see between 3 and 9 next Sunday?

Everyone wants to talk about the big bad NFC East but yet when we had our chance to go knock off Seattle in 2005 and 2007 we got stuffed.

We had a shot at Big Ben in 2004 and didn't take it. Then agian, maybe he dies riding his motorcycle on the Beltway, who knows?

Archived