skins4eva

What to do at CB?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What to do at CB?

• Sign D. Hall to a long-term deal and keep resign Rogers
    • Let D. Hall walk, re-sign Los, and go after Nnamdi
    • Trade Carlos, keep Springs, and try sign Nnamdi or Hall
    • Let D. Hall walk and keep Rogers and Springs

Zorn gave a very interesting press conference, and as usual, he had a lot to say. I found his comments about the QB intriguing. He basically said that he spoke with Campbell on the sidelines during the San Fran game and gave him some serious criticism. He then commented on the fact that JC's footwork was poor last season and that he improved upon it this year and would continue to work on it in the offseason. He went on to say that he wants to see much more fluidity from JC at the top of his drop back. I understood that to mean that Zorn obviously thinks Cambell is holding the ball way too long.

Finally, he said that when Campbell is working out in the offseason, Collins and Brennan will be right there with him. He said that Brennan's arm strength greatly improved and continued to improve although he didn't anticipate Brennan passing Campbell on the depth chart. Of course, there was no follow up question re: a an open QB competition, but I thought it was very interesting that he would even mention it.

My impression was that Zorn is going to look very very closely at Campbell. If Campbell does not improve significantly, he will not remain the QB. I also think that we could certainly see an open QB competition of Brennan has a fantastic offseason and preseason.

The only reason I disagree is bc Zorn did say that JC had earned the right to be the starter going into camp...

He said "going into camp"? That is a big shift, really. If he was certain Campbell was the starter he would have said he earned the right to be the starter next season. I would not be surprised to see a QB competition.

For the first time, I was real dissapointed in the Z-Man.

The main crux of his final presser was one of stubborn denial and excuse.

And ANYONE that believes those words that alls well and will improve if we continue next season in the same way, with the same scheme, with the same coaching staff, and the same mediocre signal caller that has "allegadly" improved and had a significantly good year for his HC to not aniticipate a change is a blind homer in the extreme.

It's bad enough with the men at the top being too freaking stubborn to change, with out the HC having the same attitude.

Very dissapointing.

Hail.

Hit the weights Brennan, your time is coming.... maybe.

I'm not positive actual strength has much to do with throwing a football. I bet everyone on the NY Jets except maybe their kicker could beat Brett Favre in an arm-wrestling competition. But nobody could sling the ball as far.

It would be interesting to know- if anyone can share- how a QB can truly increase arm strength, or if it can be done at all.

I know from personal experience... I've known a few people in my life who could sling a football an obscene distance- and it had absolutely zero to do with their strength or anything really besides God-given ability.

Zorn gave a very interesting press conference, and as usual, he had a lot to say. I found his comments about the QB intriguing. He basically said that he spoke with Campbell on the sidelines during the San Fran game and gave him some serious criticism. He then commented on the fact that JC's footwork was poor last season and that he improved upon it this year and would continue to work on it in the offseason. He went on to say that he wants to see much more fluidity from JC at the top of his drop back. I understood that to mean that Zorn obviously thinks Cambell is holding the ball way too long.

Finally, he said that when Campbell is working out in the offseason, Collins and Brennan will be right there with him. He said that Brennan's arm strength greatly improved and continued to improve although he didn't anticipate Brennan passing Campbell on the depth chart. Of course, there was no follow up question re: a an open QB competition, but I thought it was very interesting that he would even mention it.

My impression was that Zorn is going to look very very closely at Campbell. If Campbell does not improve significantly, he will not remain the QB. I also think that we could certainly see an open QB competition of Brennan has a fantastic offseason and preseason.

he said jason is his man. i dont know how you could twist it the way you are. but to ME he made it very clear jason is his man.

I'm not positive actual strength has much to do with throwing a football. I bet everyone on the NY Jets except maybe their kicker could beat Brett Favre in an arm-wrestling competition. But nobody could sling the ball as far.

It would be interesting to know- if anyone can share- how a QB can truly increase arm strength, or if it can be done at all.

I know from personal experience... I've known a few people in my life who could sling a football an obscene distance- and it had absolutely zero to do with their strength or anything really besides God-given ability.

I think what he meant was that hitting the weights will help the God-given ability to throw a football... If a guy can already throw a football hard, more strength will only help (and don't come back with the "too much size will reduce your throwing motion" stuff - CB is small in nature and won't put on enough size in one year to hamper his mechanics).

Velocity is all form. Tightness of spin, use of legs, throwing motion, unison of legs and core, balance of the other arm, etc...

You can use isometrics to work on your arm strength the same way a pitcher would. It can be enhanced dramatically.

I think what he meant was that hitting the weights will help the God-given ability to throw a football... If a guy can already throw a football hard, more strength will only help (and don't come back with the "too much size will reduce your throwing motion" stuff - CB is small in nature and won't put on enough size in one year to hamper his mechanics).

Maybe you're right, I don't know.

I do know that Colt isn't nearly as small as most think.

I'm not positive actual strength has much to do with throwing a football.

I agree. But I want him to bulk up maybe 15lbs on his frame. From what I've seen, hand size and arm motion play the most part in wizzing the ball.

I know a guy who's 5'7", 165lbs who can throw a baseball 85+ mph, but he can't throw a football for nothing. Hands are too small.

It's bad enough with the men at the top being too freaking stubborn to change, with out the HC having the same attitude...Very dissapointing.

Dan and Vinny HAVE changed their approach to building the roster.

As for Jim Zorn, perhaps he sees no reason to change. I see nothing wrong with sticking to a plan unless it becomes evident that it's on the wrong course.

Maybe he knows more than we do. It's possible.

Archived